VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have 2 problems

1. message "sorry the update server could not be reached" with codes VE MP VMX

2. "ptt key not in use check configuration", I have this off but it keeps bringing up the f10 menu every time I speak, don't know how to stop it...

va 1.7.3

viacom 2.5.6

any help would be very grateful

Edited by Auntystatic

Noob question.

I've installed the plugin but I can't even get any responses. What am I doing wrong?

I'm in an F-18 in a Instant action mission. I'm trying to talk to ground crew. I have started the ground power manually and I've configured the switches to work with the radio (the 1,2,4 switches).

I use the button 4 or 1 on my keyboard and I say "Cheif, Ground Power Off". Nothing happens. I hear the static sound and then a beep. Nothing else.

From the manual page 18:

On the Ground

Test ground crew communications when standing still on the ramp or runway. To try out, press and hold the TX1 | VHF AM or TX5 | Interphone hotkey and call "Chief, Ground Power Off". Wait for crew response.

Confirmation (beep)

• Awaiting additional input (blip)

• Recipient not available (click)

• Error (thud)

• Ambiguous (flat beep)

Hard to say witch sounds I'm hearing since I've not heard them all.

The same when I try to talk to ATC:

In VoiceAttack it looks like this:

mnkCulW.jpg

I would like to say that I would gladly pay for the cockpit voice control extension pack that was hinted at in your FAQ's. Name your price.

https://www.vaicompro.com/get-license.html

A few days ago I made the deal.

So far: Great piece of software! Worth every single cent!

Still in training mode, but my first tries where great.

I only regret waiting so long to make the final step.

Edited by RightStuff

Hollywood

Can you give us a brief description of how to add aliases?

For example Jettison stores...would like to add Jettison Weapons and Jettison bags..

Every time I try to add alias it just defaults to Jettison stores1..

I've tried saving and reimport but it appears bugged to me?

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

add Jettison Weapons and Jettison bags

Creating an alias will enable you to use an alternative name instead of the original but the alias will only send the same key strokes.

If you want to add a new task, you will need to create a new 'when I say...' command in the Voice Attack profile and assign the appropriate key strokes.

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Ive had huge problems after installing voiceattack 1.7.3. Updated the Viacompro but no joy. I am going to go back to 1.7.2

Has anyone done this by installing older version over the top or is it a new install? And can i install latest Viacompro 2.5.6 with voiceattack 1.7.2?

Got 1.7.2 up and running and no problems so far. Now all I need to know about is Viacompro.

Edited by tmansteve

Never mind on my request. Was a key bind issue not related to Vaicom.

Edited by lahsoldier

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

@Hollywood_315

I have added some custom 'when I say...' commands to the default Vaicom Pro profile using the VA editor.

What happens to custom commands when Vaicom Pro is updated?

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Question:

Whenever I change profile from my Vaicom Pro profile to another profile I have for another game, and if I happen to have that profile loaded when I launch Voice Attack again - I always get the message:

" The keywords database was updated. Apply Finish steps to update the Voice Attack Profile".

Pretty sure my keywords database is not updated that often - any idea why it would prompt me for this when starting with a different profile loaded?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@slicker The VA profile and any added custom commands are not changed by plugin updates.

@Don The plugin scans the currently loaded VA profile to check if all database keywords are in there.

For non-VAICOM profiles this is obviously not the case and you can ignore the message.

@steve VAICOM PRO 2.5.6 can be used with any VA version.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

The VA profile and any added custom commands are not changed by plugin updates.

@Hollywood_315

Thank you for clarifying - appreciated

I'm just wondering what will happen if you decide to extend the list of default commands in the VA profile at some time in the future...

Is there any way to export my custom commands so they can be imported / appended to the updated VA profile if / when this ever becomes necessary?

Edited by slicker55

@Don The plugin scans the currently loaded VA profile to check if all database keywords are in there.

For non-VAICOM profiles this is obviously not the case and you can ignore the message.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks much!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

VA allows you to export your profile for back-up, also export/import of individual commands.

I must read up on this...

No problem exporting/importing everything - simples!

I have experimented with the export/import function and realise you can 'tick' which commands you want to include during that export.

However, I can't figure out how to get only the 'ticked' items back into a populated profile without losing all the commands which already exist in that profile?

:book:

I've done that several times Slicker. PM me and I'll show you how. It's pretty easy IIRC.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@Snacko

Roger - Wilco!

Issue resolved - for anyone else wondering how to do this, just received this reply from the guys over at Voice Attack

Edited by slicker55

I fixed the comms menu flashing on and off last time by uninstalling VA, removing any and all VA folders as well as any trace I could find of VCP. Everything worked great, until I updated today. I've uninstalled VA and VCP reinstalled VA and VCP. Then went into the config for VCP and set the custom dcs folder and checked the OB box as I'm running the Open beta. Still, the comms menu flashes on and off. Can some one please help me. This has been an issue for a couple of weeks now. I really like the program, If I could just fix it.

Your Search-Fu is far better than mine!

well I get a message that says its does not work with this version of Voice attack.. I have the current versions of Voice attack as of today.. and the current version of via compro

how it seem work as it recognises the things a say like abort takeoff ect.. but nothing happens in DCS...

Mind this could be the fact that I have only just got it and am trying to set it up..

but not having any luck...

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Anyone having issues with a persistant clicking noise since the latest upgrade. Have narrowed it down to only happening when VA is running, tried reinstalling etc no joy. Its not a killer, just annoying.

It's been around for quite a while:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224877&highlight=clicking+mig21

hello,

I've been having an issue that I believe I have isolated to VAICOM/VA that is specific to the Bf 109 module. When using VA/VCP while flying the BF 109, the radio circuit breaker keeps popping every 3-5 seconds, effectively turning off the radio and all communications with flights/ATC. VA/VCP still recognizes commands but, for obvious reason, the messages aren't relayed in game and renders VA/VCP useless with this module.

This only happens with the 109, and all other modules work flawlessly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!