1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys just run the updater.exe file in your Open Beta install ( it is in the bin folder ).

Alternatively you should have a shortcut in your windows for it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

With Windows 7, do a shift+right click on the Bin folder in the DCS open beta folder. Select the open command window. Type in DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta and hit enter. THE COMMAND IS CAP SENSITIVE! You must type it in as shown. My download size is 13774.4 MB, so it appears to be tailored to your existing installs.

DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta

did the trick, cheers brother!

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

ATM, if i update 1.5.8 openbeta to 2.5OB, will i be able to keep 1.5.8 OB via promt or is it going to be consumed during the update? Cause i still need that and i kinda don't want to download 1.5.8 final only to finish a couple of missions i still need to finish on 1.5.8 openbeta.

So I have ver 1.5.8.12823...what is the command line entry needed please?

DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I had 1.5 stable + 2.2 Open Alpha, used code "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta" and without converting 1.5 to beta it worked! Asked to delete 2.2 open alpha, and now it runs...:huh:

It actually did convert your installation to the beta ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

How's the interface the same? Also did gpu options and stuff for VR change for the better?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

ATM, if i update 1.5.8 openbeta to 2.5OB, will i be able to keep 1.5.8 OB via promt or is it going to be consumed during the update?

The latter, 1.5.8 OpenBeta will be converted into 2.5 OpenBeta. I don't know of a way to avoid this.

OFC you could install 1.5.8 fresh into a new dir, and convert it into 2.5 later on if you have enough disk space.

How's the interface the same? Also did gpu options and stuff for VR change for the better?

Changelog:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200724

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Yurgon ...thx. And the standalone installer tomorrow, will that one leave 1.5.8OB alone and only copy necessary files from it? I wonder, i probably could make a copy of the 1.5.8OB folder ''update this'' to 1.5.8 final after i have updated the original folder to 2.5OB.

I think it depends on the branches you have installed and want to install (Open Beta, Stable Release). So if you have the 1.5 OB branch installed on D and now want to install the 2.5 OB branch on E then it might cause 1.5 OB to stop working because it updates the registry paths of the OB to the new location of the 2.5 OB. Same thing if you have the 1.5 SR branch on D and want to install 2.5 SR on E. If you are using different branches (1.5 OB on D and want to install 2.5 SR on E or vice versa) then it should not cause any problems.

If I understand correctly he doesn't want to move things. He just wants to install 2.5 on a different drive than his other DCS installations are.

Hi Quigon,

thanks alot for your answer too.

To be more precise.

On D: drive i have 1.5.8 STABLE RELEASE VERSIOIN

2.2.0 OPEN ALPHA with NTTR and NORMANDY

After 2.5 SR on E: drive i want to uninstall these.

I want to install on E: drive 2.5 STABLE RELEASE VERSION. (NO beta for this one)

Great guys here, i much appreciate your help :)

S!

I haven't been asked yet if I want to delete anything. Perhaps that depends on your installations and the size of the free space on your drive. I'm at about 30% downloaded.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

by the way: whats the best way to totally clean a DCS game folder from any changed/altered and added files? The repair function seems only to replace changed/altered files and moves those to the backup folders. But added files like liveries etc. that did not replace any vanilla files, is there any way to clean those out automatically? Can't find my file where i noted all the changes i made to the various DCS installations.

could some one send me the dcs open beta updater

exe if i provide my email???? as i seem to accidently deleted mine

You shouldn't need any updater button. Your updater.exe is in the Bin folder of your DCS open beta folder. Just follow the instructions I provided in an earlier post on page 58 or 59.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Hi Quigon,

thanks alot for your answer too.

To be more precise.

On D: drive i have 1.5.8 STABLE RELEASE VERSIOIN

2.2.0 OPEN ALPHA with NTTR and NORMANDY

After 2.5 SR on E: drive i want to uninstall these.

I want to install on E: drive 2.5 STABLE RELEASE VERSION. (NO beta for this one)

Great guys here, i much appreciate your help :)

S!

In that case you have to wait another week, because that's when the 2.5 Stable Release will be released. 2.5 is only available in the Open Beta yet.

Tornado3 small.jpg

could some one send me the dcs open beta updater

exe if i provide my email???? as i seem to accidently deleted mine

The updater.exe can be downloaded here: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Yurgon ...thx. And the standalone installer tomorrow, will that one leave 1.5.8OB alone and only copy necessary files from it? I wonder, i probably could make a copy of the 1.5.8OB folder ''update this'' to 1.5.8 final after i have updated the original folder to 2.5OB.

As I understand it, that is correct, the OB Standalone installer should indeed create a completely separate installation.

Keeping a copy of 1.5.8 OB to convert it to stable should also work - again, as I understand it, but I don't know for certain.

You can't have 2 different installations of one branch (e.g. 1.5.8 OB and 2.5 OB) on one computer as it would require different registry entries.

Tornado3 small.jpg

that stuff is a complicated mother....

I only needed to make a double click on the DCS shortcut on my desktop. That's all that was necessary to get 2.5.

But if you have special wishes then it can get complicated of course ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg