Release Date Speculation Thread

crab

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not soon enough for this kid with "the day before Christmas" syndrome. O_o

You're not alone, bud... :joystick:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Honestly, after watching some of those videos I wouldnt want to rush playing it. Sure it's good but with limited EA feature plus unexpected bugs, it could be quickly dissapointing.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• ED Team
Honestly, after watching some of those videos I wouldnt want to rush playing it. Sure it's good but with limited EA feature plus unexpected bugs, it could be quickly dissapointing.

The videos have been varied in nature, just like the user base, there has been something for everyone to connect to, these videos have helped ED market the hornet.

Early access will have bugs, if you do not want to have potential issues or help the devs as they push more features out I would suggest holding off until it is released.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

really think so ? what I've seen so far this thing is just mindblowing and i've seen nearly all of these vids.. pre-ordered few days ago and cant wait for May to pass...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Yes mindblowing is perfect word for desribing Hornet. I cannot wait to get into the Hornet.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't complaining at all, in fact I'm excited. I just remind myself that this is an EA release so don't get too excited because "too much love can kill you".

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Still the best marketing is a satisfied customer.....and even better a happy one ;)

That can be quite hard to do completely in the complex flight sim area, very passionate bunch, some even to the extreme even when only a rivet is missing.:D Some you can never make happy and will just always find fault in something that's not 100% IRL perfect, even when hundreds of other systems are correct.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I get your point. Sure the Hornet will have some bugs, but if no one finds the bugs, ED can't fix them. So I will gladly help to point out some bugs and give ED a chance to correct them.

Even though after watching the PR-Videos I am quire surprised how well the Hornet seems to work. When I was watching Wags videos I was thinking he might know the edges and work around them to let it look finished. I am a software developer myself and I do this myself in a demonstration of a software in an early state.

But I couldn't find any major issues in the normal you tubers videos either.

For the feature part, I think ED made the perfect move.

It has way more features than other modules entering EA.

Maybe its an attitude thing, because I am not the kind who jumps in the jet and just blows off stuff, I want to do it right and rarely deploy weapons.

Also I like the approach of getting to know the jet in its current state, learn the flight model and normal procedures for t/o and landing and then as ED releases new features I know the basics and I can concentrate on learning the newly released feature.

This way, I imagine, I will some day know all about the hornet and its features and not just the ones I need to blow up stuff, or features I didn't know existed.

But maybe thats just me. So I say ED: :thumbup:

[...]

Also I like the approach of getting to know the jet in its current state, learn the flight model and normal procedures for t/o and landing and then as ED releases new features I know the basics and I can concentrate on learning the newly released feature.

This way, I imagine, I will some day know all about the hornet and its features and not just the ones I need to blow up stuff, or features I didn't know existed.

But maybe thats just me. So I say ED: :thumbup:

No, it‘s definitely not you alone. That is exactly the path I‘m going to take as well. And with the fact that the entire domain of carrier ops will be a first for me in DCS I will be pretty busy just learning that part for the first weeks before I have time to dig deeper into sensors and weapon employment.

After all, it is a study-level sim and not Arcade style... and that is exactly why probably most of us love DCS so much, right? :smartass:

I believe in DCS World project and in the vision of combact simulation as near as possible to the reality. I bought F/A-18 module the next minute after I saw the first video.

Today, after seen some offical videos from Wags and other videos from some YouTubers I can surely confirm that the F/A-18 will be a masterpiece in flight simulation. :thumbup:

I just want to take off with the Hornet as soon as possible... :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

computer specs

i'm just under the minimum specs. with an intel 2nd gen I-5 3.0 MHz 16 gigs of ddr-3 and a nvidia GeForce gtx 960 with 4 gigs of ddr-5 64 bit windows 10 pro. it seems to work pretty well so far. I have it set to medium so hopefully i'll be ok. maybe I should overclock

i'm just under the minimum specs. with an intel 2nd gen I-5 3.0 MHz 16 gigs of ddr-3 and a nvidia GeForce gtx 960 with 4 gigs of ddr-5 64 bit windows 10 pro. it seems to work pretty well so far. I have it set to medium so hopefully i'll be ok. maybe I should overclock

I wouldn‘t be too worried with your rig. Running the sim in medium settings I‘m pretty sure you‘ll get a good performance as long as you don‘t do VR or anything way beyond full HD resolution.

How will we know when it's available?

Pretty sure the Forum will flood with numerous posts all saying the Hornet is released and the Mods will spend the following hour combining threads.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Those people get 'earlier access'. Those YouTubers are part of the media pool that gets to review and make videos.

It's great free advertisement and adds to the hype.

Too bad half of them know jack about the subject matter.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.