Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

6.0 version with supercarrier is just fantastic. Thanks Bankler for keeping this updated. Looking forward to using it in the supercarrier.

I did notice that there is some discrepancies using the case 1 landing that is the dcs supercarrier mission and what I have learnt using Bankler's mission over time.

When I approach the grove for final approach to the carrier, the new iflols ball overlay says I am low forcing me to power up.

Following this ball and ils gideslope would puts me well above 380 feet which is required for a good grade in this section of the mission in Bankler's mission.

Seems the new IFLOLS overlay guide is using a different gideslope parameter or it is me not getting this new overlay just yet.

Trying not to break old habits here leanrt using this mission.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

VERSION 6.0.0

SUPERCARRIER UPDATE!! :clap:

Supercarrier and Legacy Carrier Compatible

attachment.php?attachmentid=237104&stc=1&d=1590404253

You can now download version 6.0.0 in the Original Post!

Thanks a lot Razi for the suggestion about an option to disable in-flight feedback. Totally makes it a little more challenging! :)

Hope you all will enjoy this new version where you can use the old trusy trainer on the new fancy boat. Don't forget that you can tweak certain things, like if you want the LSO audio or not, in the F10 comms menu.

Cheers,

Bankler

CHANGE LOG

* There are now two different versions of the mission. The Supercarrier version and the Legacy Carrier version.

* Implemented Supercarrier support.

* Comms F10 menu put into separate submenu. Other -> Bankler's CASE 1 Training.

* Added feature to disable in-flight feedback (you will only get the summary after the pass in this mode).

* Decreased the KC-135MPRS speed substantially.

Enjoy!

awesome!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

When I approach the grove for final approach to the carrier, the new iflols ball overlay says I am low forcing me to power up.

Following this ball and ils gideslope would puts me well above 380 feet which is required for a good grade in this section of the mission in Bankler's mission.

It’s quite dependent on your final turn. If you turn a little late (or don’t bank enough) all the numbers will get skewed. 380’ over the wake could show you a centered ball, but it depends on how close you are to the boat as you cross the wake. If you are too far back (which most people are) it will show you a low ball at that point.

I might be stating the obvious here, and if so, I’m sorry! :)

Anyway thanks a lot for your kind words.

It’s quite dependent on your final turn. If you turn a little late (or don’t bank enough) all the numbers will get skewed. 380’ over the wake could show you a centered ball, but it depends on how close you are to the boat as you cross the wake. If you are too far back (which most people are) it will show you a low ball at that point.

I might be stating the obvious here, and if so, I’m sorry! :)

Anyway thanks a lot for your kind words.

You absolutely have a very plausible point to why I am getting misaligned indicators in the wake of the carrier.

I will put those factors in during subsequent practice.

Thanks for the insight and your time.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I did consider this (actually Lex was enthusiastic about doing it) when I first did the LSO vocie-over stuff. However, I felt that having an FI voice telling you what you just did wrong (1 to 1 with the text messages) wouldn't be super helpful other than you the fact that you don't have to glance up to watch the text. And if he'd only say "you were a little low there", you would actually have less information than in the text (where it says exactly how many feet off you were). In the end, I felt that while I think there is some use for it, the benefit wasn't really worth the effort of programming and recording this with enough variations to not drive you mad. :)

But maybe in the future, who knows.

yeah that "driving mad" thing is a good point. sure, but other than that, personnally, i like the idea of no-text-voice-only...anyway thanks for considering, and very special thanks for V6!! : ) :thumbup:

Wicked pass Big10!!

Thanks, I see a lot has changed and now we have the Super carrier. I was really into this more than a year ago, really need to get back into it. I am imagine my scores would be back in the 60s or even 50s if I attempted a scoring pass now, lol.

Damn, well done guys, awesome work...I have some further practicing to do!!

Are you all using the SC in this mission ?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Damn, well done guys, awesome work...I have some further practicing to do!!

Are you all using the SC in this mission ?

With my video I was not using the SC but have just installed Bankler's latest version and giving it a go.

Hi Bankler, thanks for the update, can I ask about the comms? Just done a couple of landings and On one I got an NC improper communications message?

Does your mission utilise the the new SC ATC, ie, do we also need to call the ball and what about see you at ten if we fly behind the ship further?

Finally, seems way easier to land in your mission than in the DCS case 1 mission, Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

so yes you need to proper comms if you want the super carrier LSO grade. Unfortunately that means from Inbound AFAIK? which means either roll out of the Inital pass and go back about 10 miles or so or start from the shore, which is what i am doing at the moment

apparently the CASE I in Supercarrier has some wind over the deck as well which means you need to be more attentive to the throttle

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi Bankler, I have a small suggestion for inclusion regarding bolters or wave offs? As in real life you would be expected to stay dirty, and just go around again, without entering the break pattern again, can the mission be made to switch up from pattern to break mode on its own, IE detect the bolter and change accordingly if you were in pattern mode?

Incidentally what happens IRL in this case, as you could have other jets from your flight in the break and suddenly you would be coming into their airspace .... is the go around broadcast and if so who by and how do the following flight accommodate the guy going around?

Very nice training. Thanks for the work.

But sometimes you are a little bit hard with me.

IMG-20190424-WA0010.jpg

I was just about to post this. I got 5/7 at 448'. Either the target's wrong or the text is, feels more like 480 but it's hard to be sure.

Minor issues aside, it's very useful and much appreciated.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I was just about to post this. I got 5/7 at 448'. Either the target's wrong or the text is, feels more like 480 but it's hard to be sure.

Minor issues aside, it's very useful and much appreciated.

Hi Brun, thanks. And big thanks for sharing the UFC stuff with the community!

Regarding the question, the target is actually 450-500 (different Navy people have been teaching different things I believe, just like with abeam distance). However, if you aim for the NATOPS number (450), think of it as a game of shuffleboard. By all means, go that low, but don't stray even one foot below that. Same thing with the 500 technique. Go ahead and do it, but then make sure you're not over-doing it.

All this stuff is per Lex's advice btw, not something I just made up. :)

Regardless, yes, I agree, it would be more clear if it said "Target: 450-500"

That makes sense, thanks. Agreed that a target of 450-500 would make it perfectly clear.

One other minor thing I'd noticed. It's possible to cheat a little by timing the final turn based on the appearance of the abeam score. I recently realised I'd started doing this subconsciously. Maybe that could be prevented by delaying it a few seconds?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

That makes sense, thanks. Agreed that a target of 450-500 would make it perfectly clear.

One other minor thing I'd noticed. It's possible to cheat a little by timing the final turn based on the appearance of the abeam score. I recently realised I'd started doing this subconsciously. Maybe that could be prevented by delaying it a few seconds?

In the latest version, I added a feature where you can turn off the inflight-feedback completely, so that you get no help, but only a scoreboard at the end. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but might still be something of interest for you.

Thanks for this really great tool.

I have no problems doing the overhead, break, downwind and getting on-speed at the right altitude.

It´s the last part flying base and into the groove where I start loosing points.

So back to practicing....

EDIT..

Just got a 61 score - so improving (was slightly too far abeam and long in the Groove).

It´s a real good tool to learn getting the numbers right.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

It's a great tool, and yup my base leg turn I screw up consistently But that's mine to fix

14900KS | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero