DELETE PLEASE MODS

LORD FLASHEART

Thanks Fitness (and everyone else :) ).

You’re an old JF-18 guy, how much does seeing the old bird bring a tear to the eye?

We were only supposed to talk for 5-10 minutes, I was riveted for the entire interview, Greg’s amazing!

Yes the JF-18 clip was very nostalgic bringing back some great memories. I could feel that Greg really enjoyed sharing his knowledge with you which made watching the video all the more captivating.

Good stuff!

Great stuff. Thanks a lot for sharing! Some very interesting and "nerdy" info in that! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good interview! Spoiler alert … (TM Warthog Owners only) The following switchology/buttonology info is presented in the video. Do watch the video first and refer back to the photos below for clarification.

As promised, my F-18C TM Warthog Setup Guide is now ready for review: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3685148#post3685148

Cheers!

Edited by Backy 51
Update of TM Stick Pix

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow Backy that’s really cool thanks for making that.

You're welcome Jar. I'd like to fill the rest of the TM Warthog boxes out with a community-based "as real as it gets" universal standard. The standard being based on NATOPS and/or first-person experience like that provided by Cmdr Brett.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys, yes I will show your image to Greg Backy and maybe the next video we can fill out some more boxes :)

Well, since you mentioned it … I have busted out the NATOPS today and cross-checked the F-18C flight controls vs. the TM Warthog switch availability. I will hang my efforts in the guides section and you can share that with Greg for "squawks". The Hornet stick is not as robust as the Warthog stick … but that just may be an Air Force thing. Besides, manly men flew F-4s … we didn't have digital squat … just fire and steel on target.;)

In all seriousness, this is an exercise in playability vs. realism in a $70 flight sim. I would like you to ask Greg about the Automatic Throttle Control (ATC) modes and employment scenarios if you could please. Keep up the great videos down under! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[quote name=

In all seriousness, this is an exercise in playability vs. realism in a $70 flight sim. I would like you to ask Greg about the Automatic Throttle Control (ATC) modes and employment scenarios if you could please. Keep up the great videos down under! :thumbup:[/quote]

+1 and autopilot in general

What he told about the stick feedback and spring makes me want FFB support in DCS: F/A-18C yesterday.

And a decent FFB stick I presume? I mean I don't care how good the MS Sidewinder FFB2 is I'm not trading in my Warthog for it lol

------EDIT------

I've found the product you want! Unfortunately its not compatible with DCS's force feedback logic apparently :(

https://www.brunner-innovation.swiss/product/cls-e-joystick/

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.