NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Good Evening

Are there any plans for other aircraft ?

Would it be possible for you to get hold of the BANA PROJECT BUCCANER and complete it, if they would let you. You've done some fantastic work on the A4 really loving it

Thank you

Heinz

I'm afraid we have no other projects at the moment aside from maintaining the A-4 and our side projects. The A-4 has been a massive amount of work and I think for now we'd like a break. My side project, the USS Oriskany, should be coming sometime this Winter or Spring, though.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Has there been any tweak that would allow having the A4E installed in such a way that integrity checks would pass so you can run on other servers with the mod installed, or no?

I've tried to eliminate the files which were causing the IC violation, not sure how effective that has been though. In our testing, we never experienced the IC violations that folks are describing, so its a bit difficult for us to diagnose the issue. Once we have a permanent fix we will definitely notify you in an update though.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Hello Merker! In your version 1.02 update you mentioned the integration of Nero’s RWR Mod, including in-cockpit effects in one of the next mod-versions. Can you give us some more details about this? Will it be a flashing light and sound only or even a small RWR screen?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

this guy is using both the catapult and the deflector when launching from the carrier...

i thought this was not possible?

If you look in the comments he is asked that question and addresses it.

No, they still didn't implement that... But it works for IA planes. What you saw here was a "cinematic editing trick". After the match, I placed an IA on the same place that I was and recorded the IA taking off. =/

That said, there's been some discussion on the discord about how to improve the immersion of the current cat shot system, which has me pretty excited if they turn out to be doable.

I haved the same problem with brakes when I landed.

The trick for the brakes works correctly is to push the joystick up, forcing that wheels have more contact with the runway, at the same time that applies the brakes.

That did the trick! Thank you. Makes no sense to me, when below 70-80 knots, but can't argue with results. Though still it does use inordinate amount of runway. Ironically, becouse of all conventional jets modules I have, A-4E-C has slowest flying speed at high AOA, and lowest stall speed. Better then DCS: A-10C. AV-8B is an exception becouse VSTOL. Aside from wheel braking, A-4E-C is very easy to land, 120-130 kts IAS on approach up to threshhold, At threshold, retard power , keep AOA 10-12, stay on glideslope, and landing is smooth. Aerobrake down to 80'ish and let aircraft settle the nosewheel by itself. Then STICK forward while applying wheel brakes.

I'm afraid we have no other projects at the moment aside from maintaining the A-4 and our side projects. The A-4 has been a massive amount of work and I think for now we'd like a break. My side project, the USS Oriskany, should be coming sometime this Winter or Spring, though.

Many thanks for the reply. I look forward to the A4's updates and the USS ORISKANY.

Heinz

If you look in the comments he is asked that question and addresses it.

That said, there's been some discussion on the discord about how to improve the immersion of the current cat shot system, which has me pretty excited if they turn out to be doable.

oh i missed that! thanks

it's not really on my wishlist tbh, i was just curious ^^

We really need A-4E-C as its own MOD forum.

We have chaff and flare dispencer. But no ECM. How do we know that our aircraft is being illuminated or fired against. There is no flashing screaming alarm. No RWR. What is the trick?

Do a search for the RWR mod. It works very good.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

We really need A-4E-C as its own MOD forum.

We have chaff and flare dispencer. But no ECM. How do we know that our aircraft is being illuminated or fired against. There is no flashing screaming alarm. No RWR. What is the trick?

Install this mod: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225667&highlight=nero.ger+rwr. It's simple and does the trick. :) Will probably be impelmented into the A-4E-C mod by default.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Sorry if this has been asked before (didn't check all 73 pages and I'm not sure how to use the search option in one specific thread).

Will there be any interactive training missions for this awesome mod, somewhere in the furure? Or are we bound to watch instructive video's on youtube? (bit of a pita when using VR)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry if this has been asked before (didn't check all 73 pages and I'm not sure how to use the search option in one specific thread).

Will there be any interactive training missions for this awesome mod, somewhere in the furure? Or are we bound to watch instructive video's on youtube? (bit of a pita when using VR)

At the top of each thread, there is a panel of links under the numbered page links. One of the links is matked “search this thread”. Should work well, I’m guessing.

At the top of each thread, there is a panel of links under the numbered page links. One of the links is matked “search this thread”. Should work well, I’m guessing.

Ahh thanks, learned something new today ;)

Havn't found an answer to my question though. Are there any interactive training missions in the work?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ahh thanks, learned something new today ;)

Havn't found an answer to my question though. Are there any interactive training missions in the work?

As much as I know, there are no training missions in the work. But Merker said something about posting some more tutorials soon, especially about air-to-ground weapons.

I'd like to report a bug: when I open the canopy it disappear when it is totally open.

Sorry if it was already reported but i don't want to read +70 pages.

My version is v1.02

Recently noted and actually fixed last night, will be in the next build :smilewink:

I'd like to report a bug: when I open the canopy it disappear when it is totally open.

Sorry if it was already reported but i don't want to read +70 pages.

My version is v1.02

I can confirm the bug. In F1-view the canopy dissapears when it is totally open. No problem in F2-view. I'm also using ver. 1.02.

Ooops, sorry Tirak, just read your post about fixing the problem last night. Ignore my post.

Edited by norbot

Whats a good curve setting for this plane. The way the plane rolls cant be realistic. It spins super fast.

A super high roll rate is actually realistic, there's videos on youtube showing it. For curves though mine are at 30.