F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hype Train derailed for me a while back. I am at the point of egh about it. It is Sunday so we should get another innocuous and lackluster update from HB either posting another pic if artwork, or blah blah we are working hard with no real substance as usual. Most companies would be able to (and be required to - as with mine) speak to projects in terms of much more definitive timelines according the Business and IT development requirements (e.g. it is internal QA / UAT process - scheduled for xx days or weeks, and if passes next phase is scheduled for xx days or week(s), and at present launch date of xx is or isn't at risk.

I think you oversee the fact that HB is not a big software development company.

afaik most, if not all of them work normal jobs.

So imagine comming home from work and spend another 4-6 hours on a project and maybe more on weekends. (and considering the time spend on the cat, its probably for less than minimum wage)

Taking other personal issues into account i think its not easy to just put a deadline on a project, because there are just to many variables which can influence the time that can be spend on it.

But it seems like they really have an idea when it will be ready for EA.

So i guess two weeks is a good call. :pilotfly:

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

HYPE TRAIN on !!

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

The Tomcat has completely burned the whole ‘two weeks’ moto out for me. Something inside me buckles over whenever I read it now.

Holy hell, you must be new to flight sims, then, if that got burned out of you only now.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

3dhJeXV.jpg

I dare you, I double dare you.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I have a reliable contact that said a release date will be announced when this thread reaches 100 pages.

We had that trick back in Lomac's days. The result was a multi thousand pages thread that the crappy board software Ubi used to have wasn't capable of bearing rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Did it work? :D

It usually went like "oh sorry, I've heard they had to make some vital changes, but when we reach page 150, "teh pacht" will be there, be sure". well that thread was all about everything and nothing at the same time and it grew bigger until it basically killed the board software, so yes - it did work rdlaugh.png

LD;DR: bump! luna-trcv.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

It usually went like "oh sorry, I've heard they had to make some vital changes, but when we reach page 150, "teh pacht" will be there, be sure". well that thread was all about everything and nothing at the same time and it grew bigger until it basically killed the board software, so yes - it did work rdlaugh.png

LD;DR: bump! luna-trcv.png

Only 94 posts to go.:megalol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog