F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Well on this hemisphere is HOT, dam HOT, too hot... its going to be a long and hot wait...

It wasn’t really that hot for me yesterday, you know just the normal 46C with a slight breeze that would fry an egg. :megalol:

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't tell you what the weather is here.... (we have enough snow birds moving here) :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I won't tell you what the weather is here.... (we have enough snow birds moving here) :-)

Hey! Another reason to look forward to the Cat, it'll be time for them to leave for the next 8 months :). Killing two birds with one stone, great timing HB

Edited by Repth

The excitement of a new module combined with a lot of Discord friends that wanted to multi crew. Sounded like fun at first but I'm enjoying the new Harms and Mavs on the F18 and really excited about the Warthog's tpod being implemented with the module.

I might give the F16 a try when it finally released but the F14 will just be a hanger queen for me. To add to the sour taste I sent Heatblur an email politely asking for a refund. If they refuse it won't be the end of the world but it's been almost a week and it appears they are just ignoring the request and not addressing it.

Hi CajunJosh,

just saw this now and replied to you in the meantime, but again please accept my apologies that it took me a bit longer than usual this time.

Like Cobra said we'd never intentionally ignore you and we hope everything was dealt with to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime. And of course, nonetheless, thank you again for your purchase!

~ Best regards, A.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Almost 60 degrees yesterday, sunny, birds chirping, feels like spring......

Man that's almost summer already... rdlaugh.png

At the risk of perpetuating British stereotypes, it's mostly grey and miserable here!

Haven't seen the sun for like... ages... (actually I think the last time was even before the reveal stream) as well, but I live in a place (near Cologne) that even the British can be envious about, 260+ rainy days in a year are pretty common here... it's being said the children are born with umbrellas around here rdlaugh.png

But well, Sun is always shining above the clouds princess_celestia.png

Well on this hemisphere is HOT, dam HOT, too hot... its going to be a long and hot wait...

Almost 60 degrees as well. But on the other scale - wouldn't wanna swap rainbowdashwink.png

As for the release date: if ED keeps their schedule strictly and module releases happen on OB, it's just three possible dates anyway: Feb 13th, 27th or Mar 13th.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I haven't been checking these forums lately. Do we know anything other that "this winter"? Only 1 month to go, so it shouldn't be too far.

Nothing other than on/before last day of Winter has been said to us afaik

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

And here for some reason I thought buying early to support the development meant I'd be in the EA but appears not, only youtubers get EA.

Lesson learned, don't buy early for EA as you don't really get EA only the elite select few do.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Youtubers don't have early access, they've got a 'press copy', if you will, that doesn't have all the features our early access will.

I haven't been checking these forums lately. Do we know anything other that "this winter"? Only 1 month to go, so it shouldn't be too far.

Two months. If you react strongly to unmet expectations, then play it safe and plan on 21 MAR release.

If you're like me and have fun with telling yourself it will be out next week every week, then have at the speculation, but don't join the vocal minority in crying about some particular conspiracy theory on release dates not panning out.

I can guarantee you that when HB announces the official release date, you will know within the day because it will be EVERYWHERE.

And here for some reason I thought buying early to support the development meant I'd be in the EA but appears not, only youtubers get EA.

Lesson learned, don't buy early for EA as you don't really get EA only the elite select few do.

This right here, is the single most ridiculous thing I have read. It is a close second to the "I am taking HB to litigation".

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

My good Eagle Forums fellow members,

Me too I'm eagerly awaiting for the Cat, but please chill out.

It's not like it will take another 2 years for it to arrive - it's only 7 weeks left.

This kind of time passes quickly.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Not gonna lie, I had to really restrain myself to not post a really rude reply to that post. I just do not understand what is wrong with some people.

They were not disciplined as children, that's what is wrong.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Alright, lets get back to the topic :)

How about an announcement of an announcement?

Cobra said they would set an internal date during the last week.

So... when will it get public?

Anybody wants to place a pick on possible OBU days?

Or what about the "mysterious" Feb 15 spotted on steam some time ago.

It could be just politics, but isnt it tempting?

It might also have been a really good guess that got hidden :D

My guess is March 8 or 15 whichever is OB update week

Edited by Horns
Truncated in case joke wasn’t understood

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

March 13th is open beta update day. prior to that we have Feb 13th and 27th.

Cheers, March 15 it is then ie the Friday following the Open Beta update.

I see, those are still very conservative guesses.

And the conservative ones proved to be better for now :book:

I personally still have hopes for february.

It could be the 13th, 15th or 27th. I choose the 15th.

It would be funny if we knew it all the time :megalol:

Cheers, March 15 it is then ie the Friday following the Open Beta update.

you think they would release it on a possible Friday hot fix patch? It will be a Wednesday main OB patch.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

you think they would release it on a possible Friday hot fix patch? It will be a Wednesday main OB patch.

They did that with the AV-8B, that was my logic at least. I think the F-18 came out on May 31, and if I’m calculating right that would have been a Thursday, so still not a patch day.

Either way, my guess is just that, I have no idea lol