F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

guys. guys. just let it go. bitching and complaining about it isn't going to make the f-14 release any faster. Just jump into any other jet and for the meantime forget about the f-14 it will be released soon. the Heatblur team are working hard at it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Also, the "millions of youtubers" or whatever was, as far as we know, the 20 or so people in the one test people found. 20 people hardly seems like a significant portion of the DCS user base...

This ^^^^ and then half of these people are not even on youtube.

Yeah, the same thing happened during the Hornet buildup.

HB has given out the modern equivalent of review copies, or press access, or screeners, or whatever you want to call them. They didn’t invent the concept, it’s been around for literally centuries.

It’s mildly amusing to watch all the temper tantrums and bald faced ignorance in this thread though.

for the hornet though it only lasted a couple of weeks.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

This whinging is USAF style rubbish. It's more akin to a Navy VP squadron than a bunch of fighter pukes waiting for the weather to clear so they can launch.

There is massive work occurring as we speak to get things ready for release.

Spend your own time getting ready. Memorize these checklists. Get after it -

I'm not sure that's an accurate comparison... Ever had a tell a Navy fighter pilot his bird is down for maintenance?? better come prepared as all the whining and questioning will commence... "Yes sir, I'm sure it's broke" ... "No sir I don't have the parts" ... "Yes sir, that's a downing discrepancy" ... "No sir, you can't fly the plane with one engine.... No sir, that wasn't a challenge"

I'm not sure that's an accurate comparison... Ever had a tell a Navy fighter pilot his bird is down for maintenance?? better come prepared as all the whining and questioning will commence... "Yes sir, I'm sure it's broke" ... "No sir I don't have the parts" ... "Yes sir, that's a downing discrepancy" ... "No sir, you can't fly the plane with one engine.... No sir, that wasn't a challenge"

Bro’, I was launched on an Alert 5 in down jet without even signing for the aircraft. No alignment, no VDI, No radar, No HUD, at night, with the capacity to shoot a boresight sidewinder in the dark. Think that would ever happen in the USAF? They’d launch a Congressional Investigation today...

I also worked in MTC. Aircraft Division Officer. Navy guys tend to get it. Air Force? They check their jets out from the MTC squadron and mostly don’t see or care about what it takes to keep ‘em flying.

Viewpoints are my own.

Are you volunteering to help me write reports?

Unlike some pilots, I don’t require subservience for friendship.

Actually I was sincere if a little tongue in cheek.

Thank you for your service!

And thanks for your info thread

Regards

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Bro’, I was launched on an Alert 5 in down jet without even signing for the aircraft. No alignment, no VDI, No radar, No HUD, at night, with the capacity to shoot a boresight sidewinder in the dark. Think that would ever happen in the USAF? They’d launch a Congressional Investigation today...

I also worked in MTC. Aircraft Division Officer. Navy guys tend to get it. Air Force? They check their jets out from the MTC squadron and mostly don’t see or care about what it takes to keep ‘em flying.

What did you do to the ATs?? ... and the AEs? haha... Sounds like a fun flight. And damn, that practically turns the RIO into a glorified radio operator, I bet he was pissed.

Wasn’t their fault. Admiral was making a point.

We had just assumed the duty, nothing was up, and the launch was sounded. Looked at the previous crew who had been there for two hours, they said “you’ve got it”. I was a nugget, so I asked my experienced RIO if he was OK. He said “let’s go”.

Ran up to the flight deck, our FD Chief pointed at a jet that still had the clamshell doors open and pins in. We launched about ten minutes later. Pitch black night in the Med. I signed for the aircraft after we got back.

We scared a lot of senior officers that night when they realized that they had launched one of the least experienced fighter pilots in the air wing partial panel.

Viewpoints are my own.

Wow it's taken a long time to catch up on this thread since a few days ago. You rascals have been very busy. :)

So once again my tuppence worth.

1. There can only be one reason to pre order an unfinished product with a vague release date and that is a wish to show support to the developers with an injection of cash to tide them over to public release.

You do this with open eyes, demonstrating faith in the devs ability to deliver.

You do not, or should not do it in the expectation that you somehow have the right for an earlier release, or constant updates. This is the first HB module I have purchased, but have preordered other ED modules in the past and this thinking was as true then as it is now.

There is an element of damned if you do, damned if you don't to releasing modules. HB could give extensive updates daily, but then they would be taking resources away from finishing the product... HB seem to have got it about right. They offer enough to have gained my trust without making it seem that they are more concerned with PR and Marketing than finishing the module and destroying that faith.

It would have been nice to see the "educational series" of vids continue after the overview. I was really looking forward to the cold start. However, it is completely up to Cobra and his team to allocate resources where they need to be to get the product out the door and I am old enough to accept this.

2. Release of product to YouTube content providers and "trusted" people.

Again I have no problem with this, beta testing is getting done before launch and as we all know with OB, beta testing can be a real pain. In fact, so much so that I eventually crossed over to release version because it seemed like the Hornet was going backwards at times.

When I loaned my money to HB, I did not tick a box to request to be, nor did they offer me the chance of being a beta tester and getting the product a few weeks earlier. Therefore it is wrong to criticise HB for supplying beta test modules at their discretion.

You Tubers. An elegant solution. Supplying updates and publicity for the Cat with minimal drain on Heatblur's resources.

Once again. Release date towards end of March as stated and HB has kept the faith. An earlier release is a bonus and to be applauded.

Some may view this as a fanboi post, not so. I have no other HB modules and no axe to grind. I think it is the only rational way to view preordering anything and in particular, how HB have handled this affair.

Since I plonked my money down on the table, HB has done nothing to make my trust or opinion of them waver. I continue to wait patiently.

Edited by Tinkickef
Predictive text strikes again.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

(...)

It would have been nice to see the "educational series" of vids continue after the overview. I was really looking forward to the cold start. However, it is completely up to Cobra and his team to allocate resources where they need to be to get the product out the door and I am old enough to accept this.

2. Release of product to YouTube content providers and "trusted" people.

Again I have no problem with this, beta testing is getting done before launch and as we all know with OB, beta testing can be a real pain. In fact, so much so that I eventually crossed over to release version because it seemed like the Hornet was going backwards at times.(...)

You Tubers. An elegant solution. Supplying updates and publicity for the Cat with minimal drain on Heatblur's resources.

Jabbers is basically doing the "Video series", which is a good approach and help free resources...

First video is out. (he also had a text message on YouTube, but you can't forward that. Need to follow his channel for that)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Wasn’t their fault. Admiral was making a point.

We had just assumed the duty, nothing was up, and the launch was sounded. Looked at the previous crew who had been there for two hours, they said “you’ve got it”. I was a nugget, so I asked my experienced RIO if he was OK. He said “let’s go”.

Ran up to the flight deck, our FD Chief pointed at a jet that still had the clamshell doors open and pins in. We launched about ten minutes later. Pitch black night in the Med. I signed for the aircraft after we got back.

We scared a lot of senior officers that night when they realized that they had launched one of the least experienced fighter pilots in the air wing partial panel.

I thought you guys took offense not being called naval aviators :D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I would much prefer complete modules with a detailed set of training tutorials.

Please go and tell that to BST... erm, I mean ED. Their choppers still totally lack those today (not sure about the MiG-28, but that one's easy to capisce even without tutorials with just some horse sense and some experience on other modules), even though they're not tagged early access any more... otherwise the modules are top class however, but not being able to get into them properly kinda kills the whole thing dealwithit.png

for a discount of 10 $ it is not worth to make the pre-purchase

What's the difference in paying now or having paid already vs paying then? Unless you're ending up starving meanwhile, the only difference will be that you'll have paid more if you don't pre-purchase twilightsmile.png

However the only reason not to do it would be being not sure about what you'd get and prefer having heard or read some opinions before getting it for yourself rainbowdashwink.png

If you want to laugh about an army, take the Bundeswehr... I've been told by someone who was part of the KFOR in Kosovo that they had to call the parliament and ask if they're allowed to return fire while being attacked in a real combat scenario. The parliament then had to debate over it and call them back in order to allow them defend themselves... rdlaugh.png

Everyone's bitching about not having the Tomcat yet, and I haven't had time to fly since freaking Monday.

I've patched DCS twice since I last flew... an still haven't had enough time to read the pilot's section in the manual alone dealwithit.png

Might spend less time on the forums though rdlaugh.png

But flying tired and exhausted is as good as drink and drive rainbowdashwink.png

I'd have some good days just for flying the 'cat though if it's going to be released on Feb 27th...

unknown.png

Now this is why I'm here... 01-yay.png

cl-soar-down.png cl-sf-normal.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

(...)

If you want to laugh about an army, take the Bundeswehr... I've been told by someone who was part of the KFOR in Kosovo that they had to call the parliament and ask if they're allowed to return fire while being attacked in a real combat scenario. The parliament then had to debate over it and call them back in order to allow them defend themselves...

That basically applied to all KFOR forces, including the US to an extent. ROE required a clearance by "higher ups" for weapon employement and depending on "chain of command" that took about 30 min. Wasn't the parliament debating each call, but a responsible secretary IIRC.

In "A-10s over the Kosovo" by Phil M. Haun they detail the whole disaster... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

That basically applied to all KFOR forces, including the US to an extent. ROE required a clearance by "higher ups" for weapon employement and depending on "chain of command" that took about 30 min. Wasn't the parliament debating each call, but a responsible secretary IIRC.

In "A-10s over the Kosovo" by Phil M. Haun they detail the whole disaster... ;)

Not sure which time period you guys mean but back in 1999 this was not the case. A lot of exxageration but stories get more exotic each time they are told...

There was a famous video from that time on the net where a car with two people try to breach through a german checkpoint.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]