F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

;3799923']I just do not understand the level of butthurt, I mean seriously, they've never given a release date other than end of winter. They aren't doing what ED did, they aren't releasing something that is lacking seemingly 75% of it's functionality.

We are getting something that is very nearly complete, with a whole second plane, an AI plane, basically 4/5 carriers, and two campaigns coming later.

no broken promises or any misleading.

Some people feel HB could have handled this release better. It is not your place to say they're wrong, and your language is totally unhelpful.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why do you want to see what is holding up the release...? Heat blur made it VERY CLEAR that the F-14 would not be released until the end of winter or sometime towards the end of March ..you haven't even bought the Module LOL

The demand for "I WANT IT NOW" mentally in this thread is ridiculous

What? I have paid for it 69,99$ october 2018, please stop argument... FOR ME THIS IS THE LAST ONE PRE-PURCHASED....simple. :thumbup:

Edited by ivo

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

;3799923']I just do not understand the level of butthurt, I mean seriously, they've never given a release date other than end of winter. They aren't doing what ED did, they aren't releasing something that is lacking seemingly 75% of it's functionality.

We are getting something that is very nearly complete, with a whole second plane, an AI plane, basically 4/5 carriers, and two campaigns coming later.

no broken promises or any misleading.

it would make a lot of sense if..... If paying customers were not waiting while the whole internet/youtube wasn't already playing on it :D

my opinion is that if it's good enough for reviews and stuff, it's good enough for paying customers who have spent their money 3 months ago for an early access, as a mark of trusts.

I would use this time to learn the stuff that is already present. As I said, everyone should master the basics before going into the weapon systems etc.

Don't get me wrong. I am not upset nor will it change my support to heatblur and other devs in the future. I just think it would be time for release. and yes, I am an impatient guy :D . that's for sure.

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

it would make a lot of sense if..... If paying customers were not waiting while the whole internet/youtube wasn't already playing on it :D

Exactly. This, IMO, is amplifying the angst over the Tomcat's release. When you have entire squadrons already playing it (104th Phoenix for example) and many Youtubers, while the people who've supported from day one are hung out to dry, it can understandably leave a bad taste in somebody's mouth.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other as long as the product is nearly complete on release.

However, I can understand how someone might be slightly upset over the way everything's been handled.

JMO though.

This whinging is USAF style rubbish. It's more akin to a Navy VP squadron than a bunch of fighter pukes waiting for the weather to clear so they can launch.

There is massive work occurring as we speak to get things ready for release.

Spend your own time getting ready. Memorize these checklists. Get after it -

1665557741_ScreenShot2019-02-15at12_23_53.png.08c2ebad88a49a177c31f97ba17ba227.png

1221374105_ScreenShot2019-02-15at12_28_42.thumb.png.3f548868a654b62068db5791a4a1f597.png

Viewpoints are my own.

and there gentlemen is why he is/was a naval aviator and we were not ;) :D

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

And what exactly leads you to the assumption that the "YouTubers" didn't also pre order the Tomcat? "The whole internet is flying it already" is a very hyperbolic attitude to take.

I get it. I'm just as anxious and excited as the next virtual pilot to get my hands on the Tomcat. Be patient. It will come.

P.S. By the way Victory; being prior Air Force, I would appreciate it if you would stop comparing whining people to us (we aren't all that bad... at least the enlisted guys anyway) lol. :)

And what exactly leads you to the assumption that the "YouTubers" didn't also pre order the Tomcat? "The whole internet is flying it already" is a very hyperbolic attitude to take.

I get it. I'm just as anxious and excited as the next virtual pilot to get my hands on the Tomcat. Be patient. It will come.

P.S. By the way Victory; being prior Air Force, I would appreciate it if you would stop comparing whining people to us (we aren't all that bad... at least the enlisted guys anyway) lol. :)

No, no! I'm talking pilots only! The troops are great, except when the cable TV goes out... ;)

From the "looks like it sucks down there..." old joke. ;)

Viewpoints are my own.

No, no! I'm talking pilots only! The troops are great, except when the cable TV goes out... ;)

From the "looks like it sucks down there..." old joke. ;)

And still around too, at least when I was in. Cable TV was how we passed the time when the Jet's were in the air, there was nothing else to do during that time. :D Although there was only so much of the AFN Channel you could take before turning it off anyway lol.

Oh, and thank you for the great write ups and little hints to help get ready for the Tomcat. Much appreciated.

Wouldn't change a damn thing my friend. If they pre ordered just like me and you, they are flying it. We aren't :D

Because he is one of the main SME's for HB.

Ah okay then we must pay homage to Victory205, follow his every move here and hang on every word he speaketh...:thumbup:

...so say we all...:pilotfly:

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I don't understand people having a problem with a developer selecting a few people out of this community to help them test things. Also to help them produce videos. Without Jabbers, Ralfidude and Mags, you wouldn't have a single video showcasing the F14 in they ways the F14 was showcasted until now.

For the goal of having a working F14 for EA release you need to test it in larger scales on different machines to iron out bugs that might appear under "load" and specific system configurations. It's more effective and productive for them having it tested this way. If they'd just release it untested in a larger scale, the millions of bug reports they have to work their way through would slow down development and ironing out bugs. So I for one appreciate them taking their time.

March 20 is the given release date. I can live with that. Time flies by too quick nowadays anyway.

I don't understand people having a problem with a developer selecting a few people out of this community to help them test things. Also to help them produce videos. Without Jabbers, Ralfidude and Mags, you wouldn't have a single video showcasing the F14 in they ways the F14 was showcasted until now.

For the goal of having a working F14 for EA release you need to test it in larger scales on different machines to iron out bugs that might appear under "load" and specific system configurations. It's more effective and productive for them having it tested this way. If they'd just release it untested in a larger scale, the millions of bug reports they have to work their way through would slow down development and ironing out bugs. So I for one appreciate them taking their time.

March 20 is the given release date. I can live with that. Time flies by too quick nowadays anyway.

This. Also, the "millions of youtubers" or whatever was, as far as we know, the 20 or so people in the one test people found. 20 people hardly seems like a significant portion of the DCS user base...

Yeah, the same thing happened during the Hornet buildup.

HB has given out the modern equivalent of review copies, or press access, or screeners, or whatever you want to call them. They didn’t invent the concept, it’s been around for literally centuries.

It’s mildly amusing to watch all the temper tantrums and bald faced ignorance in this thread though.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Ah okay then we must pay homage to Victory205, follow his every move here and hang on every word he speaketh...:thumbup:

...so say we all...:pilotfly:

Are you volunteering to help me write reports?

Unlike some pilots, I don’t require subservience for friendship.

Edited by Victory205

Viewpoints are my own.