F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

I dont get your point. If you don't want a buggy product and wanna wait more until it's big free than just wait and don't use it.

I fail to see why you would want to prevent people from getting it anywhere to do what's already is working with it in the meantime

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, fine...that's not the point I'm making though. I'm just saying that these tiny little meaningless updates from Heatblur about being really close to announcing more dates at this point is silly and quite frankly, a bit antagonizing.

Just my opinion.

I see a side of where you are coming from, but the best thing to do is stay away from the hype. I have noticed a ton of post on waiting for or guessing a release date. When I saw the announcement and expected release to be around winter 2019, I accepted it as being close to the end of winter or near early spring and for the most part stayed away from this type of forum topic. It will drive you crazy waiting news or an occasional bone. I have been sinking a lot of my DCS time on the Hornet and enjoying every moment!

Hang in there!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'd rather delay it by one week or more, rather than having a buggy product, I don't care how long it takes, as long as its good.

With respect, I hate sentiments like this. I'm a supporter of EA releases, and know things will take time. I know complex software development is never 100% perfect upon release, and fixes and additions need to be made. And I'm a supporter of a developer dictating when their product is released based upon the milestones they feel they need to hit.

But this blank check attitude some people have about releases baffles me. We might as well say to the devs "sure, give us another year's wait, or two, or 6. Just want it to be perfect". I know there are people out there who want the software released without any bugs and missing features. "take all the time you need, no matter how long it takes" is not a mantra I would ever adopt. Some people had the same attitude about the P-40. And while I'd NEVER compare HB to VEAO, I'm simply not interested in companies being given this kind of blank check to get money, then "take as long as you want" to even release the product. And by the way, no matter how long it takes, it'll probably still have bugs. It's the nature of complex software development, especially DCS since DCS is always changing, and therefore is a moving target.

I think it's reasonable to hold HB to the dates set. I would not be okay with it being a week late, because Cobra used words like "promise" and "you can hold us to it". He put his word behind March 20th at the latest, and I intend to keep him at his word. That's not being a hard-ass or internet asshole, that's me assuming that HB looked at what they had left, factored how much work they had left, factored an ample bit of extra time in case they ran into problems that they could use to clean things up, and said "we can deliver on this date, even with a worst-case-scenario situation".

But that level of communication also puts responsibility on my end. I can hope that the release comes sooner, but I should not demand, be upset, or whine about the F-14 not being delivered before the 20th. HB shouldn't be badgered into releasing before the promised date unless they feel it's ready to be released early.

Personally, I'm reasonably confident that HB will deliver by the promised date. I don't think I'll have to get my pitchfork bloody. I sure as hell don't think people should be bloodying theirs right now. The wait has been very frustrating, but HB has said what few devs in DCS have said, which is "We will release on this date, we promise". I appreciate that level of communication, that we as a community effectively have a "do not pass" date already in hand. I'd like to keep that, and not have a "release whenever" attitude prevail.

Yeah, fine...that's not the point I'm making though. I'm just saying that these tiny little meaningless updates from Heatblur about being really close to announcing more dates at this point is silly and quite frankly, a bit antagonizing.

Just my opinion.

I have to agree with your original point. I'm tired of hearing "soon". Now it's "soon we will tell you how soon soon may be". We, as a community, should know that they are working hard to get this out as quickly as they can. If it takes them going completely radio silent until the 20th to make sure it gets out, I'm fine with that. I know they're working on it. The next thing we hear really should just be the actual official date.

Or, you know, just suddenly release it. That works too. (kidding, mostly)

With respect, I hate sentiments like this. I'm a supporter of EA releases, and know things will take time. I know complex software development is never 100% perfect upon release, and fixes and additions need to be made. And I'm a supporter of a developer dictating when their product is released based upon the milestones they feel they need to hit.

But this blank check attitude some people have about releases baffles me. We might as well say to the devs "sure, give us another year's wait, or two, or 6. Just want it to be perfect". I know there are people out there who want the software released without any bugs and missing features. "take all the time you need, no matter how long it takes" is not a mantra I would ever adopt. Some people had the same attitude about the P-40. And while I'd NEVER compare HB to VEAO, I'm simply not interested in companies being given this kind of blank check to get money, then "take as long as you want" to even release the product. And by the way, no matter how long it takes, it'll probably still have bugs. It's the nature of complex software development, especially DCS since DCS is always changing, and therefore is a moving target.

I think it's reasonable to hold HB to the dates set. I would not be okay with it being a week late, because Cobra used words like "promise" and "you can hold us to it". He put his word behind March 20th at the latest, and I intend to keep him at his word. That's not being a hard-ass or internet asshole, that's me assuming that HB looked at what they had left, factored how much work they had left, factored an ample bit of extra time in case they ran into problems that they could use to clean things up, and said "we can deliver on this date, even with a worst-case-scenario situation".

But that level of communication also puts responsibility on my end. I can hope that the release comes sooner, but I should not demand, be upset, or whine about the F-14 not being delivered before the 20th. HB shouldn't be badgered into releasing before the promised date unless they feel it's ready to be released early.

Personally, I'm reasonably confident that HB will deliver by the promised date. I don't think I'll have to get my pitchfork bloody. I sure as hell don't think people should be bloodying theirs right now. The wait has been very frustrating, but HB has said what few devs in DCS have said, which is "We will release on this date, we promise". I appreciate that level of communication, that we as a community effectively have a "do not pass" date already in hand. I'd like to keep that, and not have a "release whenever" attitude prevail.

I have to agree with your original point. I'm tired of hearing "soon". Now it's "soon we will tell you how soon soon may be". We, as a community, should know that they are working hard to get this out as quickly as they can. If it takes them going completely radio silent until the 20th to make sure it gets out, I'm fine with that. I know they're working on it. The next thing we hear really should just be the actual official date.

Or, you know, just suddenly release it. That works too. (kidding, mostly)

:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

84130020.jpg

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Thanks!

We'll discuss our post-release plan before launch. :)

As for people having access-- yes. That's sort of what needs to happen if something is to be tested. You don't balk at "ED Testers" having access to ED betas ahead of time, this is no different. We work with people close to us who we trust.

The more eyes (at this point) the more we fix, the better things are on D-Day.

Thank you for your answer Cobra847.

Just to get this right:

"before launch" = before Early Access "launch" or is it:

launch = Early Access is finished and you will discuss what is going to happen after the Tomcat has been released (out of Early Access), meaning you will:

discuss the future of this project sometime between the start of Early access and the end of Early Access.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Nope. That's fine though.

Noone is asking for funds, and you are not an investor, but a consumer. Buy it in EA if impatient and live with the bugs, or wait until release if you are unsure.

I am a consumer of DCS: World. I am investing in ED partners though by purchasing software with an unknown future.

See, one is a consumer when one can obtain a service or a product that is available regardless of sales, for example, DCS: World.

However, to get additional development progress, developers need money to sustain their operations. That money comes from investors if there are any or from direct pre-sales (or a mixture) in which a customer is ultimately an investor.

I wasn't asking for a purchase advise, nor I was asking questions of the type "can we have it now" or "when is it going to be released". The hype train is well understood here, I would like to know the route this train is headed to and what are the stations after we get to the EA one.

Edited by Gierasimov
additional explanation

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If there’s no expectation of profit from your ‘investment’, then it’s not an investment. It’s a consumer purchase.

If Heatblur sold shares or bonds to fund their growth, then you could purchase those instruments and hope to or expect to profit.

I am a consumer of DCS: World. I am investing in ED partners though by purchasing software with an unknown future.

See, one is a consumer when one can obtain a service or a product that is available regardless of sales, for example, DCS: World.

However, to get additional development progress, developers need money to sustain their operations. That money comes from investors if there are any or from direct pre-sales (or a mixture) in which a customer is ultimately an investor.

I wasn't asking for a purchase advise, nor I was asking questions of the type "can we have it now" or "when is it going to be released". The hype train is well understood here, I would like to know the route this train is headed to and what are the stations after we get to the EA one.

You have purchased a product, not a stake in the company. That makes you a customer, not an investor.

Software not the company...

If there’s no expectation of profit from your ‘investment’, then it’s not an investment. It’s a consumer purchase.

If Heatblur sold shares or bonds to fund their growth, then you could purchase those instruments and hope to or expect to profit.

As said, there is no product yet. It's a presale. I will become customer by purchasing a product. Buying into presale I am investing in it. Not the company, but product being created.

As said, there is no product yet. It's a presale. I will become customer by purchasing a product. Buying into presale I am investing in it. Not the company, but product being created.

Without an expectation of profit you have no investment. All you have is the right to a license in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can call it whatever you want, but you aren’t getting anything out of this more than what you’ve paid. Consumer transaction!

The first time you suggested in this thread that you were an investor could have been sheer ignorance. It was made very clear to you that you are not an investor at all, but you try to rest a question on the same assumption that you know to be wrong. Please don't try this a third time.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Guys, he doesn't mean monetarily invested, he means PERSONALLY invested.

Not unless his personal investment is in the custody of ED right now...

EDIT: That was confusing by me. What I was getting at is that the post where he explained why he thinks he's an investor is all about money, not emotions.

Edited by Horns
Added "EDIT" line

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)