F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

I hope they can fix the positioning of the head of the pilot a little.

You know you can edit the position yourself, right? Pretty easily, might I add.

There is a decent tutorial/write-up on the forums that I used to help with the F/A-18 JHMCS alignment "issue."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you can edit the position yourself, right? Pretty easily, might I add.

There is a decent tutorial/write-up on the forums that I used to help with the F/A-18 JHMCS alignment "issue."

not really. then the HUD fov is too wide.

they'd need to move the head pos and adjust the HUD FOV

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

At least they tried something resembling a flight model. The graphics, yes, but Strike Commander focused more on story telling than simulation... not to say that was bad, just another focus.

...and yes, the X-31 was definitely "a bit over the top". ;)

Dat speed though... I mean, you could literally buzz the tower at M 2+ rdlaugh.png

7ixwuuxz.jpg

The X-31 could pull off a couple dozen impossible maneuvers. biggrin.gif

No plane really could pull off strange maneouvers as everything was simplified. Exceptions were the Flankers that, very close to their stall speed, almost fell straight down without stalling to get something like a Pugachev's Cobra out of it as the AoA modeling didn't allow for the real thing. Some planes had thrust vectoring, including the X-31 with even horizontal one, but that didn't affect general flight dynamics at all, it just kinda tilted the whole airframe off from the flight direction while adding drag. You didn't get any extra G or low speed maneouvering or even post-stall stability and control from it. Doing the J turn in ATF is literally impossible for example.

I'd totally love to have that one in DCS just to see how it really flies and what it can do... at the same time I'd very much prefer any plane that actually was in service and not just a tech demonstrator, I just wouldn't mind it at all if someone made it rainbowdashwink.png

And how long does ED take for approval of a mod, Jabbers said that HB basically send them the "gold" version.

Back in the days it basically took about 3 weeks to get a game onto the shelves from that point on. Wags said they'd need at least a week, Cobra said on last Wednesday that they gave the RC to ED without stating when that happened, probably on that very day though. We might get an announcement this weekend I'd say.

4cbQLHO.gif

Literally the thread's apogee when even the super mod's posting meme pics dealwithit.png

Meanwhile at reddit biggrin.gif

heavy-load.png

Disagree. ..it got boring...

Nah... party just started ajmug.png

wont be march

Feb 41st, Wags' "later this month", check pc-tssmug.png

In best case scenario it could be a long promised cockpit updates for A10C or/and Ka-50.

Rather a FFB bugfix for the Flankers and a working auto pilot for the F-15C... rdlaugh.png

Yep, should be awesome to see the Hawg C get some texture love.

I'd very much prefer they'd do the Shark first as it's outright broken while the Hawg is not... derpyconfused.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Back in the days it basically took about 3 weeks to get a game onto the shelves from that point on. Wags said they'd need at least a week, Cobra said on last Wednesday that they gave the RC to ED without stating when that happened, probably on that very day though. We might get an announcement this weekend I'd say.

I actually think that the fact that ED is taking their time with it is a very positive sign. To me it seems like ED has finally taken it to heart that they need to step up their quality control. This is good news for us as consumers.

I actually think that the fact that ED is taking their time with it is a very positive sign. To me it seems like ED has finally taken it to heart that they need to step up their quality control. This is good news for us as consumers.

Exactly this.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I believe it is specifically a marketing decision.

Releasing the f-14 the same week you put the mig19 on sale is a very good way to torpedo Razbam and their product.

Don't get me wrong. I will support them and buy it, but clearly between the two there is one plane that is one of the most awaited flight sim event of my life. While the other is just another Russian plane I won't fly much.

I can't blame ED for that, even though as a customer I hate it :D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I believe it is specifically a marketing decision.

Releasing the f-14 the same week you put the mig19 on sale is a very good way to torpedo Razbam and their product.

I just don't buy that. If ED needs to have their internal QA team review all 3rd party modules before they release, then there has to be either a team dedicated to that task, or people have to be pulled from other tasks to do the testing. Since ED is a small company I think the latter option is more likely. Since Razbam completed their release candidate first, they were first in line. If the Mig delayed the Tomcat at all, it is far more likely that it was an issue of resources, not marketing.

What ?? Do you guys still sleeping or what ??

Wake up it's just around the corner !!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I just don't buy that. If ED needs to have their internal QA team review all 3rd party modules before they release, then there has to be either a team dedicated to that task, or people have to be pulled from other tasks to do the testing. Since ED is a small company I think the latter option is more likely. Since Razbam completed their release candidate first, they were first in line. If the Mig delayed the Tomcat at all, it is far more likely that it was an issue of resources, not marketing.
As was said before, it is not about first in line, but more complex module with more to test.

I am pretty sure we will hear about the release date as soon as ED knows when it can technically release. I doubt the financial aspect is an issue here.

People who want a MiG-19 either buy a MiG-19 because they love it, or to support developers or are "Collectors"/ Flight simulator addicts. The later buy both planes anyway.

People who only want/can afford the Tomcat won't remotely spend their money on the MiG-19 with the F-14 around the corner or they would buy both modules anywa,y for the reasons above...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As was said before, it is not about first in line, but more complex module with more to test.

I am pretty sure we will hear about the release date as soon as ED knows when it can technically release. I doubt the financial aspect is an issue here.

People who want a MiG-19 either buy a MiG-19 because they love it, or to support developers or are "Collectors"/ Flight simulator addicts. The later buy both planes anyway.

People who only want/can afford the Tomcat won't remotely spend their money on the MiG-19 with the F-14 around the corner or they would buy both modules anywa,y for the reasons above...

Precisely. :thumbup:

I wouldn't say it better.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

My money for the F-14 is already long gone, that order was done on October 7th. That said, I'll buy the MiG-19 and enjoy it too

Yep. That's how I feel about it. Like I've said before, the MiG-19 isn't something that's ever really intrigued me, however, it's sitting in my hangar...so...

Sorry, no cool signature here.