What happens to the Thrustmaster F-18 stick ?

Razorback

That looks like a HUD frame behind the box .. :unsure:

.. then there's this pic ..

Look at the box below the stick .. :joystick:

So, I believe it's the new F-18 HOTAS.

.. pity about the pricing .. :(

Cheers

Tom

You have a point, the box seems to be the same. I'm curious about the retweet by the racing sim enthusiasts then, are they misled ? If it was indeed the new stick, I'll jump on it as soon as available :x

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already pre-ordered on Amazon.de

I only hope Virpil will do a firmware update before i will got it

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You have a point, the box seems to be the same. I'm curious about the retweet by the racing sim enthusiasts then, are they misled ? If it was indeed the new stick, I'll jump on it as soon as available :x

Nothing misleading, sponsored teams will engage post on social media. As someone who is part of a sponsored team, I engage on all hardware. It is just how social media and networking works now a days.:joystick:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Already pre-ordered on Amazon.de

I only hope Virpil will do a firmware update before i will got it

No need for a firmware update if it works just like the old stick. And it should, given that it's compatible with old TM bases.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Nothing misleading, sponsored teams will engage post on social media. As someone who is part of a sponsored team, I engage on all hardware. It is just how social media and networking works now a days.:joystick:

That's good to know, thank you for the insight))

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

I wonder why it’s not listed on Amazon.com yet but available for preorder on Amazon.de - any thoughts?

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Seems to bei already sold out at amazon.de ... That was fast or its a paper release

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

Seems to bei already sold out at amazon.de ... That was fast or its a paper release

If it's already sold out on amazon...it would appear the masses don't have an issue with the cost...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

A local guy pre-order one. Pay, with local tax duties ~386 EURO/$433. :cry:

That guy is really F-18 fan. :D

That's what we call a TROUXA, but it's his money so...

By Tapatalk + Samsung S9

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

It's here:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/fa-18c-hornet-hotas-add-grip-thrustmaster-locks-availability-date

Interesting - French page says RRP is 199 Euro - English page says RRP is 179 Euro - bloody expensive either way, I reckon!

Edit: Pre-buy page says 199 Euro - IMHO appallingly expensive.

The UK page states a 179,99£ price tag, that's approximately 203€. The stick is sold at the same price on both website))

• 2 weeks later...
Please, stop with this non sense, the price is just about the same as grips from others brands. Just deal with it.

Admittedly it's been at least 5 years since I last bought a HOTAS, but inflation has not doubled the price of everything during that time. .Does the new product feature double the functionality ? Is it made of higher quality materials than the Warthog ? Of course not, therefore it is far from nonsense to question such a vast price hike.

All that's changed in the last 5 years is that the likes of Virpil and VKB have come along at a higher price point catering for a niche market, and Thrustmaster have decided to position themselves accordingly.

Too bad, the market for 200 euro grips is a lot smaller than the market for 200 euro sticks. Time will tell if this commercial strategy is a success or failure. The real shame in all this is that the basic concept of 1 base multiple grips is a good one,

It has always been that way, very high prices at launch, then a progressive decrease as the product shelf life is increasing. I remember the Warthog being sold $500 at launch when today you can find it at $300/350 on a regular basis.

Plus, I'm not sure the flight sim enthusiast demographic willing to pay several hundreds dollars/euros for a stick is as big as it was ten years ago. So the real question is : can you wait a few years to get a grip at a lower price or will you pay up front the $200 to get the latest toy ?

FYI if you buy separately, retail prices are/were below.

Warthog Stick $299.99

Warthog Throttle $329.99

The reasons we’re seeing low price now are that these have been around for awhile (10 years, that’s right they are that old) and being mass-produced TM products they’re much more likely to see good discounts from 3rd party vendors compared to boutique products from VKB or Virpil which are only sold from their respective web stores.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I have no doubt it’ll be cheaper on Amazon, Dell, B&Hphoto, Newegg, etc by next year during their sales or with special coupons/promotions.

Even with the TPR, there were multiple opportunities for me to buy at at least $50 off. I just didn’t pull the trigger.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Folks: If someone has information to share about the device... like they have one and it is trash, or they have one and it is epic along with an explanation that would be great. Or I have one and the buttons stopped working. Or I have just ordered one from xxx retailer and delivery is expected on xxx date.

But if you are not planing on buying this stick, why do you think anyone else is interested? Why share such information? Do you really think I care about how you spend your money? Give me one good reason why I should care?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]