F-14 Manual anytime soon (baby)?

mortalkombat

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? :)

Definitely interested, I'd love to help ! Also, if you ever make a French translation of your manual (you never know, right ?) and need some proof-reading, I could help.

Would the simplest way to get the copy checked by a broader audience not be to soft-release the manual without a marketing push, allow anyone to read it and have some form of issue tracker for posting tweaks / mistakes?

Without saying one size fits all with every software company I've worked the easiest way to get a really good acceptance test from our end users was to launch it to a broad chunk of our existing userbase, those that were interested tried the new feature in beta and posted feedback.

Others tried and didn't bother with feedback, others didn't even try it. But inevitably we found many more minor (and the odd major :D) bugs as soon as we increased the number of brains and eyes on the problem, in a shorter period, which let us get finished.

I think he is messing with us all. Pay back for us being little jerks about "this week."

I wasn't a jerk (on this point, at least), but I still got suckered. Unfair, but I'll let it slide if I can get an advance copy of the manual. Or a chapter? OK, some snippets will do. ;)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

We could actually use one or two more sets of eyes to help with the copy editing pass. Anyone interested and a quick reader? :)

me as well

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

I think he is messing with us all. Pay back for us being little jerks about "this week."

Well actually he wasn't, I was one of the chosen people to look at it.

I was instructed to not disclose further details, except that I will also receive a copy of the Tomcat so I can review latter.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I would be glad to help out :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was instructed to not disclose further details, except that I will also receive a copy of the Tomcat so I can review latter.

;3791587']I better not find a single typo in that manual guys...

I'm taking your two replies as genuine since you were two of the first to reply to Cobra's request.

Lucky gits.

Just make sure you turn it round quick, so the rest of us can have a look.....

:megalol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Not going to volunteer, last time I did, suddenly life got very complicated at home and I had no time to proof read.

Proof reading was something my mother did professionally, we used to hide when she picked up a newspaper and start to comment on it :)

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron