Moved onto SSD now wont work

H all,

Copied DCS 2.5 onto a new SSD today.

Now the decktop icon wont work which is predictable as the file has moved.

When i go into the ED file and open DCS, I can start the program using the icon, but I get an error saying

Cannot exit offline mode due to hardware ID

change. Ask for support.

Then i can load the game but no online access and because the file path has changed I cant use any modules.

Help plese

Stiggie

Did you also reinstalled Windows?

Start DCS from its old location and deactivate Offline mode. Then restart the old DCS and deactivate all the modules that have the DRM button on the Module Manager listing (dont forget Maps and Campaigns)

Now start the DCS of the new disk and reactivate the modules.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I would back up saved games and re-install DCS from scratch on the SSD. When you change hard drives all of the copy protection etc. is no longer valid so you need to re-install to get it all to recognize the new drive.

slyfly

Hi Stiggie, I just brought a new ssd drive to move my DCS stable and OpenBeta installation on a new ssd in order to free some place on my main ssd C drive.

Cut/Copy both folders to my new ssd, change the shortcut and every things run like before.

I let both DCS in ONLINE mode.

Best Regards.

Rem27

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

H all,

Copied DCS 2.5 onto a new SSD today.

Now the decktop icon wont work which is predictable as the file has moved.

When i go into the ED file and open DCS, I can start the program using the icon, but I get an error saying

Cannot exit offline mode due to hardware ID

change. Ask for support.

Then i can load the game but no online access and because the file path has changed I cant use any modules.

Help plese

Stiggie

Did you set DCS to offline mode before adding the SSD and copying DCS folder?

If you did then you will have to contact support to get DCS working again

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Ahhhhhhh....

So annoying, spent the last 24 hrs downloading a fresh copy of 2.5 (yes by broadband is incredibly slow).

Same message, and no I didn't put it into off line mode before I moved it. Didn't even know you could.

And yes i have tried repairing it

Have emailed support nut not expecting anything till tomorrow now.

• 1 month later...

I have just received my ssd and getting confused about all of this. Do i just copy my dcs across and have it set to offline mode?

I thought you copy dcs over and change your shortcuts !! Don't want to screw up my install

Is there any written instructions on this forum?

Cheers

I had dcs on its own partition, so all I did was:

Create a new partition on the ssd

Copy\ paste dcs over

Delete old partition

Rename the new one so that it has the same path as the old one.

If other things are kn the same place as dcs, I‘m not sure but do not do it in offline mode, this will screw up your licenses

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Is there any written instructions on this forum?

Cheers

actually I bet over a dozen.

copy & paste..and maybe fix the links if you need them

DONE

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Ok guys, I'm gonna install ssd initialise it etc. Then I'm gonna copy and paste dcs as said by bitmaster.

By the way bitmaster, as i always login to dcs as multiplayer not single player, will copy and paste be OK?

Cheers

cut and paste where you want and run instaler again it will check everything

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Sorry to be a pain but just copied dcs over to my ssd and kept shortcut etc to original install just in case. Created a new shortcut for ssd version and changed the targets. I will have to check again later but didn't see a huge difference in load time. Will do a startup time check later, as after initial startup, both load as fast.

Have i done this correctly?

I also checked inthe registry and noticed 2 separate dcs lines. One for the original and one for ssd.

Cheers