HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Dear, long ago did not occupy the Reverbs. It turns out that I have started using them again, but I don't know how to activate the “reprojection” mode and then how to see the indicator on the screen (the colored squares). I ask for help please ???? Edit: before I edited that file "settings" ... removing the "//" from some paragraphs; but now the texts are different. Or is it now activated through the app? Because in VIDEO you can activate "classic reprojection" and also "force smoothing" ... how is it done ??? What do I have to activate? Help !

Dear, long ago did not occupy the Reverbs. It turns out that I have started using them again, but I don't know how to activate the “reprojection” mode and then how to see the indicator on the screen (the colored squares). I ask for help please ???? Edit: before I edited that file "settings" ... removing the "//" from some paragraphs; but now the texts are different. Or is it now activated through the app? Because in VIDEO you can activate "classic reprojection" and also "force smoothing" ... how is it done ??? What do I have to activate? Help !

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4291067&postcount=5389

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Here is a guide I did a while ago. You should find that helpful.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4251157&postcount=5176

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

is anyone else having big issues with the newest build of windows 10? Ive nothing but issues in VR, with 4 new virtual monitors showing up in my display settings thats extremely persistent.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

That’s just the way windows delivers VR... been that way for a while...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

is anyone else having big issues with the newest build of windows 10? Ive nothing but issues in VR, with 4 new virtual monitors showing up in my display settings thats extremely persistent.

Had that, keep updating,

Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

ok again ..

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

The latest update i got was one for the new version of edge. Today I was messing with the reverb in the cliff house and everything was very laggy. Not sure if anything was installed lately but it's never been like this before.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Had that, keep updating,

Microsoft Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)

ok again ..

I started to notice it on 2004...mostly after installing pointctrl. Its a hindrance now.

My wallpaper and skins

The latest update i got was one for the new version of edge. Today I was messing with the reverb in the cliff house and everything was very laggy. Not sure if anything was installed lately but it's never been like this before.

Its laggy for me too, I reformatted my computer this weekend and reinstalled everything from scratch so I could figure out a sound issue plus yearly maintenance. Now to me it seems I cant keep it in 60hz speed, the screen is jittery all the sudden, and now I have to manually close these virtual monitors every single time I want to use pointctrl. This whole VR thing is becoming an ordeal now, I might just move back to trackir.

My wallpaper and skins

Maybe worthwhile checking with the PoinntCtrl guys in case anyone else has figured this out

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Thats how I found out about the issue.

My wallpaper and skins

Its laggy for me too, I reformatted my computer this weekend and reinstalled everything from scratch so I could figure out a sound issue plus yearly maintenance. Now to me it seems I cant keep it in 60hz speed, the screen is jittery all the sudden, and now I have to manually close these virtual monitors every single time I want to use pointctrl. This whole VR thing is becoming an ordeal now, I might just move back to trackir.

I've just done exactly that and mothballed the Rift S and setup my TrackIR again. I'll go back to VR at some point but for now I'm happy with TrackIR.

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

I don't use pointcntrl so I'm not sure why the cliff house was laggy. I was just using the reverb controller to launch my desktop in VR. I'll have to test it again today and see if it is still the same.

It may have been a one off thing for me because I had noticed I rebooted the PC and the wmr portal had come up as part of the of the reboot. Normally it doesn't come up when I restart.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I don't use pointcntrl so I'm not sure why the cliff house was laggy. I was just using the reverb controller to launch my desktop in VR. I'll have to test it again today and see if it is still the same.

It may have been a one off thing for me because I had noticed I rebooted the PC and the wmr portal had come up as part of the of the reboot. Normally it doesn't come up when I restart.

It just started doing that to me too, I dont know how I managed to keep it from doing that now.

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of laggy.... I just moved from Steam to DCS standalone. All seems to have transferred over fine and I even have the stable and OB that I can switch back and forth between. I have not changed my Steam VR settings, so they should be the same.

My issue is that everything seems to be smooth in my reverb as before with the exception that if I'm looking at something like down in the cockpit or the ground with my head stationary and then move my head, there is an initial momentary blurr right when I move and then it seems to catch up. It's not bad but noticeable. I never noticed it before. It's not a showstopper, but it's annoying.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this???

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Speaking of laggy.... I just moved from Steam to DCS standalone. All seems to have transferred over fine and I even have the stable and OB that I can switch back and forth between. I have not changed my Steam VR settings, so they should be the same.

My issue is that everything seems to be smooth in my reverb as before with the exception that if I'm looking at something like down in the cockpit or the ground with my head stationary and then move my head, there is an initial momentary blurr right when I move and then it seems to catch up. It's not bad but noticeable. I never noticed it before. It's not a showstopper, but it's annoying.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this???

If it's not related to tracking then it could be your graphics settings if they are too high or what steam sampling percentage you have set along with the pixel density in DCS.

One thing you can try if you think it's tracking related, you could set the reverb to use roomscale tracking vs seated.

If it's not related to tracking then it could be your graphics settings if they are too high or what steam sampling percentage you have set along with the pixel density in DCS.

One thing you can try if you think it's tracking related, you could set the reverb to use roomscale tracking vs seated.

I'll go back and recheck my settings. But the Steam VR resolution is still set to 100% and the PD in DCS is 1.0. Note the blur issue I'm describing is barely perceptible. It's literally just for frame or two as I begin to move my head.

I'll try the room scale thing and see that helps. I've been getting some issues tracking even when there has been lots of light in the room. Maybe going to roomscale will help.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I’ve seen a video of a guy running a HP reverb with DCS world and it looks pretty smooth, and that was using a 1080ti.

Do you guys think that’s achievable or does it have to be completely empty missions, and at minimum I would need an rtx 2080?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

i run a 1080TI and reverb... I get pretty constant 45 FPS except in some of the highest density missions where i need to turn down the visuals or reduce the total number of units

i run a 1080TI and reverb... I get pretty constant 45 FPS except in some of the highest density missions where i need to turn down the visuals or reduce the total number of units

Ok it sounds like the reverb may give better performance than my CV1 it obviously looks much better with it.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

a lot depends on your settings; i run the shaders mods and i dont run shadows.. my settings are below

I’ve seen a video of a guy running a HP reverb with DCS world and it looks pretty smooth, and that was using a 1080ti.

Do you guys think that’s achievable or does it have to be completely empty missions, and at minimum I would need an rtx 2080?

I also use a reverb with 1080ti and usually only do single player. No stutter or issues here. Mostly high/medium settings with 100% steam SS and Pd 1.0. Pretty sure I have shadows set to low.

Ok that’s encouraging guys. Thanks for the info. I’ve had my CV1 for a long while now but have never been fully satisfied, it’s always a case of I can just get it running at 45fps but the slightest drop below that just 3-4fps less and you really notice it. It’s not always smooth. Also it looks pretty awful now even at PD 1.5 so I end up using 2xMSAA to compensate. And to me oculus have never got the colours right. Are colours pretty good with the reverb?

I want to make an upgrade but don’t really want to spend £1000 on a new graphics card just yet.

Do you guys feel the reverb would benefit if I upgraded my cpu as well?

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO