Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Hey zhukov how did you disable it? I've been trying to do that for a while now, but haven't been able to find where to do it. I friggen HATE Guardian!

When you set it up.

First step is to set floor level.

After that step you can choose to skip guardian setup.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they mean how to completely disable guardian.

I’ve never done it in rift s but I’m sure in the rift you had to have ur headset on. In your oculus home it was in the settings there. I’ll be home in about 1.5hrs to try and find it again.

I’d totally forgotten about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they mean how to completely disable guardian.

I’ve never done it in rift s but I’m sure in the rift you had to have ur headset on. In your oculus home it was in the settings there. I’ll be home in about 1.5hrs to try and find it again.

I’d totally forgotten about this.

Yes I mean completely disable it, thanks!

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

When you set it up.

Even with this method, the issue come back sometimes. But it's faster and a little bit less anoying

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

In oculus home in the headset in settings you can only set guardian up. If you press the menu button on left controller (I’m right-handed) it brings up where you can set preferences.

In general you can turn off personal boundary.

This is all I can find.

When you set it up.

Yeah, that's when I did it. It kept flaking out on me at one point, I noticed that option and decided to take it.

Even with this method, the issue come back sometimes. But it's faster and a little bit less anoying

*shrugs* I dunno. It hasn't done it since for me, I thought it was gone

-edit

I spoke too soon. After several days it literally JUST did it to me again. I really don't know what's going on @@

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Samsung Odyssey Plus

Never tried VR before so I ordered these from Amazon Prime (Free Returns) so If VR is not well suited for me I can return them.

In order to achieve the best experience with the Samsung Odyssey Plus, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions on how best to setup.

I am also new to DCS and DO NOT USE STEAM nor do I plan to so if something is required like SteamVR please advise.

Thank you all in advance for your help and advice.

Smokin1

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

Never tried VR before so I ordered these from Amazon Prime (Free Returns) so If VR is not well suited for me I can return them.

In order to achieve the best experience with the Samsung Odyssey Plus, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions on how best to setup.

I am also new to DCS and DO NOT USE STEAM nor do I plan to so if something is required like SteamVR please advise.

Thank you all in advance for your help and advice.

Smokin1

You will need Steam to get Steam VR.

After it is installed, no need to launch Steam , just Steam VR ( along with WMR).

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, the Guardian thing is frequently acting up on me again, so I'm thinking that last Oculus update screwed me. It HAD been all quiet till just the last day or so.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Seems to have fixed annoying Guardian mode for me :)

:thumbup:

Don B

VR settings

Hoping someone can provide insight here. Trying to optimize VR using rift s. Things are ok, but want the best I can get and frame rate seems pretty low compared to what I have read. Running 2.5.5, rift s, GPU 2070 super, i7 3.5, 16 gb ram. It seems like I get very minimal quality changes when I make even drastic changes to PD, graphics settings in game, or by using nVidia control panel. I have delete the fxo and metashaders folder contents after changes. And no matter what settings I run, my frame rate in a module is 40 fps, and multiplayer is typically 20 fps in an empty server. Thoughts of maximizing quality but also improving my frames???

Hoping someone can provide insight here. Trying to optimize VR using rift s. Things are ok, but want the best I can get and frame rate seems pretty low compared to what I have read. Running 2.5.5, rift s, GPU 2070 super, i7 3.5, 16 gb ram. It seems like I get very minimal quality changes when I make even drastic changes to PD, graphics settings in game, or by using nVidia control panel. I have delete the fxo and metashaders folder contents after changes. And no matter what settings I run, my frame rate in a module is 40 fps, and multiplayer is typically 20 fps in an empty server. Thoughts of maximizing quality but also improving my frames???

First off- you probably have ASW enabled which limits the frame rate to 20, 40 or 80 FPS. You can turn it off either with the oculus debug tool (which you have to do every time you start windows) or with oculus tray tool via a game profile

As for the changes in settings not doing much, what specific cpu are you using? If it’s an older I7 then you could be cpu bottlenecked which means your gpu isn’t being fully used and so higher settings are possible without it lowering frame rate.

That has happened to me with an older I5, I can change a lot of settings but I never get above a certain FPS even if everything is as low as it can go. On the other hand I can have reasonable settings and still get 40-50 FPS single player and 30-40fps multiplayer.

Thanks Rick, I tried the ASW setting (again) and no change in FPS. My processor is a few years old: ProcessorIntel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I meant the settings within DCS. If you don’t have oculus tray tool I strongly suggest it. I have it set to PD 1.5 and ASW off and the DCS PD to 1

My processor is an I5 3570k so I think you’re in the same cpu limited boat I am. You can try overclocking to at least 4.5 though and that might help somewhat. I’m at 4.5 ghz with mine.

Another data point.

I'm running Intel i7-9700F 3.0 GHz base, 1660Ti, and 32 GB Ram at 2666MHz. I've been toying with settings from VR4DCS, Mastiff, Lukas, and no matter what SP is steady 40 fps at best (because I fixed it in ASW, didn't like the stuttering from 80 fps to 40 when banking or flying low) but MP is nearly always 20 on busy servers. CPU doesn't look bottlenecked, RAM use 18-20 GB in busy servers so I'm wondering if everyone else is just dealing with 20 fps in busy MP as unavoidable fact in 2.5.6 open beta.

I just upped from 16 to 32 GB RAM and the main difference is now I can actually join servers with greater than 10 people connected.

All DCS options near min, PD 1.4 set by Oculus debug tool, latest video drivers. Thinking to roll back to 2.5.5 to check but then I lose most of the good MP servers so kind of defeats my goal to increase frames in MP...

Is anyone getting 40+ in Hoggit servers for example?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HW: i7-9700F 3.0 GHz Base, GeForce GTX 1660Ti, 32GB DDR4 Ram @ 2666MHz, Oculus Rift S

Modules: MiG-21, A-10C, Bf-109, P-51, FC3, F-14B (but mostly focusing on the MiG-21 to learn good habits)

Until ED fixes whatever is going on cpu side, play on lower population servers. Issue is as things change with dcs allot of the servers missions need to be rebuilt and updated. No way around that.

People who are saying they cant play in vr more than likely are playing on those servers with all the scripts and mumbo jumbo going on. This has happened before, the devs will get it sorted but server hosts need to put effort in fixing and streamlining missions.

Lots of small fish servers that run very well even in VR and even in 2.5.6.....:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

If you have any recommendations on small fish servers I'm interested ;)

At the moment I'm trying all the cold war servers I can find to run the MiG 21 (which I've read old posts that say the 21 is not the best for frames anyhow). Alpenwolf's the only one I see people on and it's either me vs 2 or 30 people full on circus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HW: i7-9700F 3.0 GHz Base, GeForce GTX 1660Ti, 32GB DDR4 Ram @ 2666MHz, Oculus Rift S

Modules: MiG-21, A-10C, Bf-109, P-51, FC3, F-14B (but mostly focusing on the MiG-21 to learn good habits)

I think I can get a Rift S for 300 ish euro.

Will it work fine, can I get better, or this is the right stuff for the specs? The COVID thing is giving me lots of time to play;D

I only play offline and I have 60+ fps sometimes over 100. Thanks!!!

Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz

16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 932MHz (10-11-10-30)

ASUSTeK. Z97-A (SOCKET 1150)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (Gigabyte)

SSD hd!

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

4095 MB on a 2070 Super? Shouldn't that be 8192 MB?

Sorry, I just copy pasted what was on Speccy. Maybe it's wrong :|

4095x2 will give 8190 don't know if its related

EDIT, so any help? ;D

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

I think I can get a Rift S for 300 ish euro.

Will it work fine, can I get better, or this is the right stuff for the specs? The COVID thing is giving me lots of time to play;D

I only play offline and I have 60+ fps sometimes over 100. Thanks!!!

You'll be fine with that spec, just use the recommended VR settings in the Game settings GUI page. My system is similar in spec and I tend to get 30 to 40 FPS in VR when airborne with the Rift S over Dubai with the AV8B and wingman against 30 or so AI units. Expect around 25FPS on the ground. Just keep shadows to low or off.

Hi all,

I've got an Occulus Rift S and I'm not sure if and what I am doing wrong- I would like to clear up one thing, I do not need to wear glasses.

For some reason, I can get the cockpit to look rather crisp, but anything in the distance out of the cockpit seems to look rather blurry.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any settings that could maybe help me?

I've attached my current settings

Untitled.thumb.png.994ce58e1bc03c4a58dd5fdfb334c381.png