Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Interesting ricktoberfest. By the way, I already used the same mainboard type a few months ago and didn't have this problem back then.

Another thing I’ve been reading on the oculus forums is it might be related to firmware 2.2.2. Some people have downgraded a version and it works for them. I personally just got my Rift S at Christmas so it’s always been on this firmware and done this for me. It’s not so annoying to try and force a downgrade yet for me

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the Rift S not for sale anymore (at least in the US). Are they about to launch another version?

possible.... you can switch countries below their order page, and all i tried says unavailable...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Why is the Rift S not for sale anymore (at least in the US). Are they about to launch another version?

No.

Demand has been high and the issue exasperated now I am sure by the Corona Virus affecting shipments coming out of China.

Quest is suffering the same problem due to high demand.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It's pretty amazing a company with all the resources of Facebook can't keep up with demand if that is the case.

As mentioned also keep in mind shipments from overseas especially from China are greatly affected due to the virus. Not exactly in Oculus control.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As mentioned also keep in mind shipments from overseas especially from China are greatly affected due to the virus. Not exactly in Oculus control.

Exactly. The supply change, including builds & distribution is being affected. My company is feeling it...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

True. But I doubt these are made real time. I'm sure there is plans for at least a few months inventory. Even the retailers like Best Buy have no stock.

Since "Just In Time" rules the world the few months inventory is long gone. And if there's hick-up in the supply chain, you'll notice it right away.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for your answer dburne. Sadly I already tried your suggestions and only have a 2070 Super without USB C. I just ordered a powered USB-3 hub. Hopefully this will fix the problem, at least I won't have to climb behind the computer to plug/unplug the Rift S.

I just installed an Amazon Basics 7 port USB 3.1 hub which comes with a power adapter and the problem is fixed. No more plugging in/out when I want to use the Rift S.

For those who haven’t looked yet, I just bought the AMVR face cover from amazon and it’s a game changer for comfort for me. The foam was too squishy and I ended up with the plastic often pinching my face, but this new cover is very comfy. In addition it doesn’t soak up the sweat so when my son plays a FPS and get all sweaty, I can just wipe it off

Definitely recommend

...a Rift S question:

For a month or so I've had a failure with the Guardian, I used to set it up and then take the batteries out because I don't need it for DCS and there was no problem, I'd go into the simulator and on the menu screen I'd see the guard's recertification for a few seconds. Then flying if I approached the limits the crosses were shown... all normal. Even if I took off my glasses to go to the bathroom when I came back everything was the same.

But now every time I start the simulator or any time I put on the glasses I get the happy sign to re-create the Guardian, the same thing every time I lift them and the sensor of the forehead has detected that I have removed: I will have to reconfigure the Guardian: Put battery in the control and configure it or directly skip the step and not create it. This is what I do because whether I configure the Guardian or not, every time I take off my glasses and put them on, it goes to that menu of the configuration in which I see my table and the monitor through the Rift? camera!

The lighting conditions are still the same as when I didn't have the problem, so I don't get it?

Since the problem has already been updated a couple of times and we are still in the same.

Is anyone else having the same problem?!

It's a bit frustrating but at least I can still fly...

Gentle greetings!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

@CaptYosi Happened to me on the public testing version but then oculus updated and it stopped doing it. Next update I opted out of public testing but had the guardian issue again. Opted back into public testing and it stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have that problem (guardian) sometimes, mostly when setting up a guardian in the living room and then moving out of it to fly stuff from my desk.

Guardian then would sometimes play up (more then once because somtimes it would still think that it had to display the menu in the living room even when sitting at my desk).

I just go through the first part, setting the ground level by touching the floor and then skipping the rest.

Since it updated to version 13 (and now 14) i haven't ran into that problem.

I'm not on the public beta channel anymore.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

@Lange_666 perfect thanks....now out off public beta and on 14....can still take off rift s without having to reset guardian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sunwukong

CaptYosi - guardian lost settings...

Not sure if this helps.

Since an Oculus update about a month ago, every time I rebooted my PC I was forced to configure the guardian set-up again. (so happened everyday for me)

I checked Oculus forums and another guy had same problem.

The fix was to reset the guardian, Then unplug the Rift-S USB and Display port cables at the rear of the PC. Then plug them back in again. Then re-set the guardian, floor level and either skip the guardian setup or draw it again. After that I didn't get a pop-up to do the guardian setup after a PC reboot :) Unplugging it and plugging it back in again resolved it. no more pop-up to configure the guardian.

Then another Oculus update about 10 days ago and had to do it all again.

I'm just using the normal Oculus drivers, not beta or public testing stuff.

I don't have my controllers turned on at all so it was a pain to have to put batteries in and redo guardian each day. Unplugging it and plugging it back in again & redoing the guardian resolved it for me.

Sorry if I misunderstood your problem.

Hope that helps.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Thank you all for your answers:

"sunwukong" I switched to the BETA version "Public test channel" and it didn't do anything for me.

"Lange_666" I switched to the BETA version "Public test channel" and it stayed the same. I tried to skip creating the Guardian and it always came back to me. I tried to create only the part of the floor without walls (just the first step)...it didn't work either. Creating the whole Guardian and disabling from the dash - or whatever it's called) both the walls and the whole Guardian didn't work either.

As I don't have a Guardian because it deletes itself as soon as I turn off the occult process I can't delete it as some people suggest.

The thing is that I later touched something in the "Rift S and Touch" control panel without putting on my glasses, in the "Settings and Assistance" menu but I don't remember exactly what. I think it was the "viewfinder adjustment and focus". But from then on I couldn't skip creating the Guardian directly with the mouse - which is what I had been doing for the last month: I got the warning about the undetected driver and the existence of the Guardian.

However, when I configured the Guardian this time, it did keep it even when I left the Oculus application, so the problem was solved.:thumbup:

"JasonJ" It was not necessary to disconnect the viewer at any time, this step was the next one I planned to take, but for the moment it's fine again.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful, since I don't really know what solved it: whether to switch several times between Beta and normal, perform the "viewfinder adjustment and focus" or what, since I touched/took many things?:doh:

One thing solved for the moment, now let's see when version 2.5.6 recovers the performance of 2.5.5... "for asking it not to be"?!;)

Greetings and thanks again for your comments and advice.

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Yea the whole Oculus Guardian issue is a nightmare, have to do it every day - have complained to Oculus - ffs nanny state and H&S no doubt is why they enforce it.

Why they cannot just have a setup to disable it in oculus home is beyond me. Painful.

Who needs Guardian sat down in a sim! Problem is getting through to their dev team is impossible it would seem

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Yea the whole Oculus Guardian issue is a nightmare, have to do it every day - have complained to Oculus - ffs nanny state and H&S no doubt is why they enforce it.

Why they cannot just have a setup to disable it in oculus home is beyond me. Painful.

Who needs Guardian sat down in a sim! Problem is getting through to their dev team is impossible it would seem

It is obviously a bug as it is not happening for everyone. It has never happened on my end.

Hopefully they will get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Don B

Guardian is really annoying. I have also sometimes the issue.

I noticed that it is often if I shake or grab suddenly the HMD or if I leave it too much time behind me on my bed. Note that it could be because I tend to let it fall (gently but too abruptly for him) on the bed...

Could be a sensor thinking about a fall and reseting Guardian to avoid the next one... I'll make some tests...

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

#1 issue with Guardian, remember Rift S uses cameras to monitor the environment. If it's too dark, it loses track of where it is and it has to be reset. I encountered this issue sometimes when turning the lights off in my room. Make sure the room is well lit.

#2 as I do not use room scale VR in the first place, I disabled Guardian altogether. Problem solved. If you're not walking around, you don't need it. For that matter, if you're not terribly concerned about running into a wall or tripping over something, you also don't need it. So... turn Guardian off. Problem solved.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

#1 issue with Guardian, remember Rift S uses cameras to monitor the environment. If it's too dark, it loses track of where it is and it has to be reset. I encountered this issue sometimes when turning the lights off in my room. Make sure the room is well lit.

#2 as I do not use room scale VR in the first place, I disabled Guardian altogether. Problem solved. If you're not walking around, you don't need it. For that matter, if you're not terribly concerned about running into a wall or tripping over something, you also don't need it. So... turn Guardian off. Problem solved.

Hey zhukov how did you disable it? I've been trying to do that for a while now, but haven't been able to find where to do it. I friggen HATE Guardian!

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms