F16 loadout chart?

Mohamengina

Panther & Creature whats your take on the max number of AGM-65s allowed on stations 3 & 7 in operational loadout? 1x per station or 2x per station with LAU-88?

The LAU-88 isn't used anymore. Single missile on a LAU-117 is what is used now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

The LAU-88 isn't used anymore. Single missile on a LAU-117 is what is used now.

But was it still used in 2007? For all other weapons that is the timeframe the realism is based on.

Just curious and a valid question.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

But was it still used in 2007? For all other weapons that is the timeframe the realism is based on.

Just curious and a valid question.

No

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I understand the removal of JASSM, but JSOWs were approved standard loads on 35FW Block 50s back in 2003. Isn't the Viper we getting circa 2007?

Yeah I wondered about that. The PACAF Standard Conventional Loads May 2003 lists an SCL for 35 FW including 2x AGM-154 JSOW. The 35 FW ran the F-16CJ Block 50 right? Why is the JSOW listed as a valid SCL if the Block 50 F-16CJ couldn't carry it?

Yeah I wondered about that. The PACAF Standard Conventional Loads May 2003 lists an SCL for 35 FW including 2x AGM-154 JSOW. The 35 FW ran the F-16CJ Block 50 right? Why is the JSOW listed as a valid SCL if the Block 50 F-16CJ couldn't carry it?

yes very good catch indeed.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Check the CSL's for 2007 then.

Sadly that document isn't on Google, as far as I'm aware. Still it seems very odd that they would run JSOW in 2003 .. but then the support would be removed some time before 2007. Before apparently being added back some time after 2008. I mean it's not an impossible sequence of events, but it seems a very unlikely one ...

Check the CSL's for 2007 then.

right and F/A18C Lot 20s circa 2005 are still flying with AGm62 and AGm45's? ( would have aleady been in the backburner on a early lot F/A18A, not to mention no longer in service by 2000s') Oh right.......

WFbtZRz.png

Given this reasoning that was defended by Wags for the Hornet , the same line " all weapons from IOC to 2007" should be applied to the F16C blk 50.

JSOW-A should therefore be included.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

right and F/A18C Lot 20s circa 2005 are still flying with AGm62 and AGm45's? ( and those are far more older, and no longer even around) Oh right.......

WFbtZRz.png

Given this reasoning that was defended by Wags for the Hornet , the same line " all weapons from IOC to 2007" should be applied to the F16C blk 50.

What's true for the Hornet isn't necessarily true for the Viper.

Maybe .. but it would be a bit inconsistent. Personally I'd quite like to see JSOW-A on our Viper, if the 35 FW were flying with it in on an F-16C Block 50 model in 2003.

But that loadout It isn't true for the F/A18C , certainly not in the 21st century for a lot 20. ( Its not a 1980s F/A18A )...... :doh:

Its just pure inconsistency to support anachronistic weapons on 1 platform, and not another ( latter of which it technically alleged). Therefore JSOW-A's should be included.

Or of JSOW-A can't be included then neither should the AGM62 and AGM45 make its way for the Hornet.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

ED will release multiple versions of the F-16, each as accurate as possible regarding historicity.

Don't count out some weapons from never appearing, just a matter of when.... Could be 10 years from now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ED will release multiple versions of the F-16, each as accurate as possible regarding historicity.

Don't count out some weapons from never appearing, just a matter of when.... Could be 10 years from now.

That's fair enough .. but it looks like there's quite a bit of evidence that our F-16 the F-16CM Block 50 as of 2007 probably did carry JSOW.

They say the F-16 will have anti-ship capabilities. I do not see it, but will there be future considerations to implement the AGM-84?

Some versions of the F-16 did (particularly export ones) but as I understand it USAF F-16s never used the AGM-84 operationally (I guess that's what the US Navy is for ..).

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article12.html

Edited by Tomsk

They say the F-16 will have anti-ship capabilities. I do not see it, but will there be future considerations to implement the AGM-84?

Use the AGM65 missile. Specifically, you can refer to how A10C performs anti-ship missions.

right and F/A18C Lot 20s circa 2005 are still flying with AGm62 and AGm45's? ( would have aleady been in the backburner on a early lot F/A18A, not to mention no longer in service by 2000s') Oh right.......

WFbtZRz.png

I have completely missed that, thanks. Could that mean TFR? Was the TFR somewhere in between IOC and ~2007 for a -16CM Block 50?

I would really like to see this. Personal opinion of course.

It is used on Philippines and Turkish Block 50 if I remember correctly, however I don't know if those are CM's or some other versions.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

It is used on Philippines and Turkish Block 50 if I remember correctly, however I don't know if those are CM's or some other versions.

Yeah it looks very much like Turkey at least does run Harpoons on their Block 50 CMs (CM = CCIP upgraded C). http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article12.html in the 'Operational Use' section.

That said, I think ED want to (certainly initially) restrict the capabilities to one specific version of the Viper (USAF/ANG F-16CM Block 50 as of 2007) so as to avoid modelling all of the systems that Vipers use around the world (hint: there are lots!).

Yeah it looks very much like Turkey at least does run Harpoons on their Block 50 CMs (CM = CCIP upgraded C). http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article12.html in the 'Operational Use' section.

That said, I think ED want to (certainly initially) restrict the capabilities to one specific version of the Viper (USAF/ANG F-16CM Block 50 as of 2007) so as to avoid modelling all of the systems that Vipers use around the world (hint: there are lots!).

"Initially" would be fine for me. I would wait the 2 weeks to get :joystick:

I'm still hoping for TFR and Harpoon. I am prepared to wait a long time.

Maybe we'll get more on that tomorrow.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 11 months later...

Sorry for digging through the graves, but this thread seems to be the right one to ask this,

why is it that f16 cant load any air to air missile on stations 6 and 4, it can load a single gbu12 on those, it looks like those are the strongest points on the wings,

on the other hand they carry the fuel tanks, 3 x MK82 for example, 3 x GBU97 a bit confusing.

Only situation I can think off is that a missile propulsion could damage something, like the engine intake or a an aileron?

No missile rail. When 37 are missile configured the pylon is changed and the rail attached. It may or may not be physically possible to configure 48 this way and even if it was this configuration would have to have necessary wiring, software, flight tests, etc.

Lastly there is the question of the value of an 8-missile F-16 which only has at most a single external fuel tank.