Community A-4E-C

Ah ok, my bad, I didnt read the memo about the MCL.

Thats new since I last flew an ILS in the A-4.

It's working now

Many thanks.

Last question, is there audible ident for the ILS? Volume control etc?

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Helles Belle said:

Ah ok, my bad, I didnt read the memo about the MCL.

Thats new since I last flew an ILS in the A-4.

It's working now

Many thanks.

Last question, is there audible ident for the ILS? Volume control etc?

There is no audio IDENT for the ILS only the tacan.

• Thanks 1

From memory:

turn the EMER SEL knob to 3

pull EMER BOMB handle

• Like 1

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

I just downloaded this thing, and it seems awesome. I do question the accuracy of the FM, that role rate though. And departures seem a little to violent. But it seems on trak to be a really spectacular module. With that said is there any possibility it will be added as one of the free aircraft in DCS World? It woukd be a really good candidate I think. Lets you get a feel for air to ground, and even some air to air. It has interesting weapons, Walleye and Srike. And it can takoff, and land on boats. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

I just downloaded this thing, and it seems awesome. I do question the accuracy of the FM, that role rate though. And departures seem a little to violent. But it seems on trak to be a really spectacular module. With that said is there any possibility it will be added as one of the free aircraft in DCS World? It woukd be a really good candidate I think. Lets you get a feel for air to ground, and even some air to air. It has interesting weapons, Walleye and Srike. And it can takoff, and land on boats. 

720 deg/s is what you get irl and that's what you get in the module. Verified by a subject matter expert. 

• Like 5

fish face ready for download

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317419/

A-4 877 1.jpg

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

image.jpeg

I read on Twitter that 2.0 release is close. Right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Mis-read, it was a review.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, Helles Belle said:

fish face ready for download

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317419/

That is super sexy, any chance of  Kuwait skin?

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

4 hours ago, truebrit said:

I can have a look. What did you have in mind? Can you post up a pic?

Free Kuwait looks good

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 1

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Helles Belle said:

I can have a look. What did you have in mind? Can you post up a pic?

Free Kuwait looks good

Yeah, that's what I was looking at.

McDonnell Douglas A-4KU/TA-4KU "Skyhawk" (dstorm.eu)

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

3 hours ago, truebrit said:

Yeah, that's what I was looking at.

McDonnell Douglas A-4KU/TA-4KU "Skyhawk" (dstorm.eu)

Yep, that's a nice skin. I'll PM you.

image.jpeg

Question, and apologies if this has been brought up earlier and I missed it but would you be willing to add the A-4 into the game as an AI asset? I actually spoke to I think it was Chizh or Nineline, he said they'd gladly get it done, they just need a yes from the main devs that is you guys. 

Please consider this as it can be implemented into various servers without having to break IC. Many servers like the Cold War server could really use the A-4 in so many missions

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...I've got a couple dumb questions:  First, a friend of mine got the A-4, and he doesn't seem to be able to hear the the AIM-9 sounds.  I have him following my instructions- master arm on, bombs/rockets selected, and correct pylon selected.  He can fire a missile, but he never hears either the standard growl or the lock on tone.  Does he need to have some other mod or airplane installed to hear it?  I have a number of paid airplanes and I hear it fine, so I was wondering if that was it.

Other question: If you have multiple pylons selected with AIM-9's on them, is there anyway to make it so they don't all fire at once?  Or do I just have to select them one at a time?  I had seen a video a while back where they guy had all pylons selected, but only one Sidewinder would fire on each trigger pull.

Thanks!

Only one AIM-9 should fire. I always have both switches up and you're only supposed to hear the priority audio (i.e. from next missile to fire). To fire two AIM-9s it should always take two trigger presses. Perhaps your friend did something odd like not uninstalling a previous version and overwriting with a newer version?

Hi...I've got a couple dumb questions:  First, a friend of mine got the A-4, and he doesn't seem to be able to hear the the AIM-9 sounds.  I have him following my instructions- master arm on, bombs/rockets selected, and correct pylon selected.  He can fire a missile, but he never hears either the standard growl or the lock on tone.  Does he need to have some other mod or airplane installed to hear it?  I have a number of paid airplanes and I hear it fine, so I was wondering if that was it.

Other question: If you have multiple pylons selected with AIM-9's on them, is there anyway to make it so they don't all fire at once?  Or do I just have to select them one at a time?  I had seen a video a while back where they guy had all pylons selected, but only one Sidewinder would fire on each trigger pull.

Thanks!
I read somewhere else that the F-22 interfered with the sidewinder growl in another module.
Maybe worth a check to see if he has it installed.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I read somewhere else that the F-22 interfered with the sidewinder growl in another module.
Maybe worth a check to see if he has it installed.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

He does not have that one installed.  But at least the F-22 replaces the Sidewinder growl/tone with another one.  He's just got nothing.

What I'm starting to wonder is if it's because he has no paid modules (he's just starting), so he'd have no planes installed that actually have the Sidewinder sounds.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frederf said:

Only one AIM-9 should fire. I always have both switches up and you're only supposed to hear the priority audio (i.e. from next missile to fire). To fire two AIM-9s it should always take two trigger presses. Perhaps your friend did something odd like not uninstalling a previous version and overwriting with a newer version?

This wasn't the issue, however, your post "triggered" me into figuring it out!  I have a VKB NXT with a two stage trigger.  I had the first detent mapped to gun/rocket fire, and for some reason the second detent mapped to bomb release (it should have been mapped to the red pickle button, so not sure how I managed that).  Anyway, apparently the "bomb release" will also fire the missiles, so when I was pulling the trigger fully, it was firing one missile, and then a second missile.  Moving the bomb release off the trigger solved it, so thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

I'm not able to use LABS at all. I hae everything set correctly according to various youtube tutorials, but when I press the pickle button, nothing happens...

(radar AG mode, master arm on, stations on, ripple set, selector to LABS). Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Jaakov said:

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

if you are using version 2 of the mod, I understand that it doesn’t have Labs

try version 1.4 instead

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

13 hours ago, Jaakov said:

HI all,

I'm not able to use LABS at all. I hae everything set correctly according to various youtube tutorials, but when I press the pickle button, nothing happens...

(radar AG mode, master arm on, stations on, ripple set, selector to LABS). Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

If you're trying to use the computer aided bombing, you need to set the switch to "computer" (CMPTR) instead of LABS.

Although some YT videos show using the LABS selector, it doesn't work for this version, but the CMPTR selector does.

Hope this helps.

On 5/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, VFGiPJP said:

I find the gunsight is dimmer than pre-beta-4. It is quite hard to see in daylight. Keep up the great work. 

Even with the brightness turned all the way up, I'm finding the gunsight hard to see in daylight also. Aside from that, the A-4E is probably my favorite plane to fly.

Wish more MP servers had it, but I understand why they don't. Just glad we've got the Vietnam server hosting it. It's been great flying the mud moving missions.

• Like 1