MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

Thank you for your kind reply! I managed to solve it myself and I totally understand your desire to protect your work.

Maybe it would be possible to find a way to make chapter points in the text editor and having them exported to the pdf file automatically?

Another tiny point of feedback: The pagination in the PDF manual is off by a few pages, which makes finding things a bit harder. E.g. Page 1 is actually page 15 of the PDF. So for example if I am searching for "Onboard system description" which is on page 22, and go to page 22 in the PDF, I end up on page 8 of the manual.

I do not with to come across as annoying, I just love this mod and I want it to become even better.

Thank you for your kind reply! I managed to solve it myself and I totally understand your desire to protect your work.

Maybe it would be possible to find a way to make chapter points in the text editor and having them exported to the pdf file automatically?

Another tiny point of feedback: The pagination in the PDF manual is off by a few pages, which makes finding things a bit harder. E.g. Page 1 is actually page 15 of the PDF. So for example if I am searching for "Onboard system description" which is on page 22, and go to page 22 in the PDF, I end up on page 8 of the manual.

I do not with to come across as annoying, I just love this mod and I want it to become even better.

Unfortunately the protection removes all the chapter points so it is normal to have this difference in terms of number od pages.

I propose you as solution a dedicated copy just for you own use without protection.

If you agree, I will pass it by PM.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

I don't get it, if you release as a zip people complain and most of then can't even install it properly, like the A-4E-C mod. When you release a exe that automates the install, people also complain... come on people!?

I have 3 questions:

1. can I use ILS?

2. can I use radios?

3. it looks like the MB-339 can make hard turns without bleeding much airspeed, is it the correct behavior?

Without neglecting the devs' effort, tbh, it's not hard at all to provide a zip pack along side the .exe to suit different need, which a lot of software devs do today. The installer is merely a bunch of script to put files in the right folder, but it also can be abused regardless the misuse is by intention or not, and also it is lack of transparency compared with a zip pack.

I've used this installer without issue, just to say both concerns are legit.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

The module is nicely built, however, since installed, my F/A-18C's landing gear sound is changed... Also having others mentioning similar sound change to their Spitfire. Probably worth an investigation.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

The module is nicely built, however, since installed, my F/A-18C's landing gear sound is changed... Also having others mentioning similar sound change to their Spitfire. Probably worth an investigation.
Yeah, we have already identified the cause.

In September we will release a mini-update which will include bug fix, force feedback, training missions (with the voice of a real Pony of Frecce Tricolori) and new instant actions.

Thanks for posting. Thought this was a new issue with the Hornet icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wow! Really good. Just got it. So I have a noob question. Well a noob for this mod.

I mapped wheel brakes to my toe brakes on my pedals, and wheel brake to a button on my HOTAS. But I am confused about taxing and wheel steering. Activating wheel brakes via pedals has no effect. Likewise wheel brake activation is confusing. Is it On/OFF or hold down? Is it needed for wheel brakes to work? Right now I cannot taxi steel on ground.

Wow! Really good. Just got it. So I have a noob question. Well a noob for this mod.

I mapped wheel brakes to my toe brakes on my pedals, and wheel brake to a button on my HOTAS. But I am confused about taxing and wheel steering. Activating wheel brakes via pedals has no effect. Likewise wheel brake activation is confusing. Is it On/OFF or hold down? Is it needed for wheel brakes to work? Right now I cannot taxi steel on ground.

Hi,

You have to set toe brakes on your pedals under axis menu and they will work.

"Brakes" command button works in this way:

- button pressed: brakes activated

- button released: brakes deactivated

Furthermore, you need to set the nosewheel steering command, you can find as "steer on/off" (we will rename it to nosewheel steering on/off).

Moreover, you can find these information in the Manual.

Hi,

You have to set toe brakes on your pedals under axis menu and they will work.

"Brakes" command button works in this way:

- button pressed: brakes activated

- button released: brakes deactivated

Furthermore, you need to set the nosewheel steering command, you can find as "steer on/off" (we will rename it to nosewheel steering on/off).

Moreover, you can find these information in the Manual.

I have the wheel brakes mapped to toe break axis on pedals. I can see the pedals depress in cockpit. Its just that they have no effect. Aircraft will just roll forward.

Some pedals works opposite: my Thrustmaster TFRP have brakes pressed when released. If this is your case, you could try to thick the INVERT checkbox in AXIS TUNE for JOY_Y and JOY_X.

9t4x9ke.png

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Hello I repost my message that you haven't seen:

Hi, your plane is amazing, I like almost your module BUT, I can't fly this like I want to fly it. I don't have track IR and VR, so I set a input on my throttle to switch betwenn view and clickable cockpit. But we can set a input in your mod, so I don't use it because I can't fly it. So can you add the posibility to set the "cockpit clickable cockpit ON/OFF" for the joystick ?

Hello I repost my message that you haven't seen:

Hi, your plane is amazing, I like almost your module BUT, I can't fly this like I want to fly it. I don't have track IR and VR, so I set a input on my throttle to switch betwenn view and clickable cockpit. But we can set a input in your mod, so I don't use it because I can't fly it. So can you add the posibility to set the "cockpit clickable cockpit ON/OFF" for the joystick ?

You can't set clickable OFF, this is not an FC3 plane. I don't have VR too, and sometimes I fly without Trackir enabled moving around my head with the POV of the Throttle, but at least you must use mouse...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Interesting little module. Take off and landing is good fun. Exploding randomly on runway during taxi is also fun :lol::thumbup:

Poo poo aside, textures are beautiful and couldn't ask for more from a free mod, looking forward to seeing this progress.

Will come in handy with the Malvinas map from RAZBAM.

Would be awesome once the bugs are ironed out if you added a CD/FD model variant with full digital cockpit. You know...when you're not busy :music_whistling:

Yep. With full brake pressure with or without rudder deflection. I thought that may be , on the ground, the system gets confused when toe brakes are pressed at same time with rudder deflection. But no. Regardless of toe break press amount, there is no turning using differential brake application.

I have Mig-21 that uses similar system, works fine.DCS: F-5E has it, in addition to front NWS, and it works when NWS is unavailable. AV-8BNA has toe brake with rudder deflection for taxi. All of those mods work fine with my HOTAS. X56 Rhino and Thrustmaster pedals.

Do it rolls when you maintain the pedals pressed?

When both wheel brakes are pressed (pedals down) aircraft does not roll. It is being restrained. But when it rolls, and one of toe brakes is pressed down it does turn or pivot about braked gear. I really don't know how to get around that.

When both wheel brakes are pressed (pedals down) aircraft does not roll. It is being restrained. But when it rolls, and one of toe brakes is pressed down it does turn or pivot about braked gear. I really don't know how to get around that.
I don't understand which is the problem, the one you described is the right behavior of the braking system: if you press the brakes it brakes, if you press one of them it pivots around the braking wheel.

If you want to roll and steer with rudder, you have to activate the nosewheel steering by presing LALT+Q

Emmm... I can't really do that. One is that I don;t know how to properly make a video. If I try to make a video from mission editor, it crashes on me. The memory gets filled up in few seconds and converter dies.

But Tracks work fine.

I have thus far, two issues, to which I have no solution.

1. As stated wheel toe brakes don't turn the plane on ground, perhaps only a little. Depressing both or either of toe brakes brings aircraft to a halt.

2. HUD and HUD frame disappears on mission start.

Emmm... I can't really do that. One is that I don;t know how to properly make a video. If I try to make a video from mission editor, it crashes on me. The memory gets filled up in few seconds and converter dies.

But Tracks work fine.

1. As stated wheel toe brakes don't turn the plane on ground, perhaps only a little. Depressing both or either of toe brakes brings aircraft to a halt.

Hi,

I've just watched your track and recorded the video above.

As I can see, it works how it should.

When you press both brakes your aircraft brakes and stops, when you press just one it pivots. If you want a large pivoting you have to increase your throttle from 60 to 70 %RPM because the MB339 engine at low RMP doesn't provide enough thrust.

I noticed that you didn't activated the NWS, press LALT+Q and move the rudder, it will allow you to control better the direction during taxi.

But Tracks work fine.

Regarding the HUD frame (Gunsight for appropriate nomenclature), it is normal since the aircraft you have is not armed.

The frame will appear again as soon as you load the weapons.

This behavior is due to the fact that we use only one 3D model and to do this we have to use the visibility arguments. The cockpit at each simulation loading is loaded with all its component, when the sinulation starts it will switch the visibility arguments according your payload (if you have smokes you will see the smoke panel without the Gunsight, if you have weapons you will see the Gunsight and the smoke panel will disappear)

One damn word was not typed. Just gdnmd word makes all the difference

When both wheel brakes are pressed (pedals down) aircraft does not roll. It is being restrained. But when it rolls, and one of toe brakes is pressed down it DOES NOT TURN and DOES NOT PIVOT about braked gear. I really don't know how to get around that.

One damn word was not typed. Just gdnmd word makes all the difference

When both wheel brakes are pressed (pedals down) aircraft does not roll. It is being restrained. But when it rolls, and one of toe brakes is pressed down it DOES NOT TURN and DOES NOT PIVOT about braked gear. I really don't know how to get around that.

As I said above, MB339 braking system works as it should and its working is different than the F-5 one.

If you want to pivot around the braked wheel you have to do a lot of throttle since the engine aircraft provides a large amount of thrust only at hight RPM.

If you want to control properly the direction during the taxi, you MUST activate the NWS by pressing LALT+Q.

The NWS is activated when the light placed under the glareshield becames green.

In your track, you didn't activated the NWS.

The one you are experiencing is not a bug but it is the normal behavior of the landing gear system of the aircraft.

This is a preview of start up training mission we are going to release in september in which you can see the correct procedure how to taxi.