Graphical Settings

Stuka

After a long time, I picked up this sim again. Even still had to buy FC :music_whistling:

I got myself a new pc a few months ago with following main specs:

Processor: Intel Core Duo 6600, overclocked to 3.2 Ghz

Memory: 2x1GB OCZ

Graphical Card: Nvidia 8800GTS with 320 mb memory

All installed on a Gigabyte P35-DS4

However; I'm not realy pleased with the graphics that I have in Flaming Cliffs.

I insert som screenshots so you guys can see what the problem is:

ScreenShot_003.jpgHi,

ScreenShot_001.jpg

ScreenShot_002.jpg

You can see what I mean the best on the missiles.

I guess I have to change some settings, but can not really figure out wich ones.

Also, If I compare the quality of my screenshots, to some posted here on the forums, mine are of poor quality. Might have the same reason as the problems like they occure on the missiles.

I'm running this sim with all settings on maximum, on a Windows XP SP2 machine.

I hope somebody will be able to tell me what to change in my settings.

Danny out.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

It looks like something is defrinately wrong. You say you have all your settings on maximum?

Can you confirm that scenes are on High, and the visibility ring is on high...

I ask as I can not see a single tree in your screen shots...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Everything what they have to do is, to place full shadow settings to "all planar".

This is the old NVIDIA Geforce 8 chipset full shadow bug.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for the replies guys. I checked some stuff:

All options in FC are max:

options.jpg

I also checked my NVidia settings:

settings1.png

settings2.png

settings3.png

settings4.png

In the Nvidia settings, I made some changes, but still I've got those strange "things" on the weapons, leading edgde, top of the plane.

Is this like it should be, or is there still stuff to change?

ScreenShot_013.jpg

ScreenShot_016.jpg

I also noticed in the main screen, that the pictures of the planes are not to good either. Is this nomal ? (could live with that)

I just want to make sure that al my settings for the graphical stuff are set to the best possible.

Sorry if I sound like a noob..... :music_whistling:

main.png[/url]

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Your problem comes from the fact that you have shadows set to "Full". This is a bug with the 8800 series cards. You will have to set it to "Full Planar" in order to solve this. Also, I would set Antialiasing - Mode to "Override any application setting". As for the menu, no worries it has always looked like that.

Once again, put shadows to "Full Planar" and it will look 10x better...

Cheers,

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, that did it. Looking awesome now.

Settings is call "all planar", that's how I got into ****ing up.

thanks a lot !

dUJOta.jpg

While we are on this subject. Anybody have any tweaks or setup options for my Radeon 1950X pro? I would be intereseted to see what other ATI users have done both in game and using the Catalyst tool.

ATI Catalyst Tweak Guide

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok, everything checked and ah man, what a difference ! This is just beautifull.

dUJOta.jpg

• ED Team
I have this exact bug but i have a ATI 2900XT!! :P its annoying :( i really hope there is something to fix it in the days to come.

Do you have this shadow bug with ATI? I thought ATI works well with Lock-On.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

I have two suggestions:

1. If Lock On starts to crash when a mission starts with a "lockon.exe encountered an error and had to close...etc", chang the 'Water' settings to Medium. There is a known bug that causes the game to crash on higher than medium water settings.

2. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise, I could never find any settings within Lock On for AA and AF. I use nHancer to force Lock On into 2xAA and 4xAF. That will sort out the 'not so good looking' aircraft on your Lock On menu screen.

Water = High/Very High and Overcast = CTD so keep water on Medium or no overcast.

To set AA/AF use graphics drivers setting as these are not available in LockOn configuration settings in game. What ever you chose in video driver settings for DirectX 3D setting is what you'll get in LockOn.

No longer active in DCS...

Maybe Off topic but yesterday I realized something that AA and AF don't work with Lock-On if you've Wndows Vista installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

Maybe Off topic but yesterday I realized something that AA and AF don't work with Lock-On if you've Wndows Vista installed.

Must be something wrong with the vista installation you have..

Drivers maybe?..

They both work fine for me..

i use 163.05

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

While we are on this subject. Anybody have any tweaks or setup options for my Radeon 1950X pro? I would be intereseted to see what other ATI users have done both in game and using the Catalyst tool.

no Tweaks here... but I have to see how LOBS works, if/when...

:pilotfly:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR