Why not Jets?

Rikus

boneski did you just suggest that ED will let a 3rd party developer compete with them on releasing aircraft for DCS? Preposterous! i would love it if it did happen as competition is always good for the consumer...but ED will never let this happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Easy folks! Not saying that's the plan! Only ED knows what ED will do.

But It can happen.

Please Remember Opinions are NOT Facts! Just Ideas that can become Facts! LOL!

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

My Gosh... you guys and your gaming... always thinking the worse.

Think positive.

You will never know their plan until they tell you.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

There is no way that ED will allow 3rd party devs to build anything for them. It means less money in their pocket, and they would have to release proprietary info to someone else! Especially since BS probably won't sell (at first) what LO or FC has. Alienating the Jet guys is simply risky business.

Catering to the chopper guys on the other hand is pretty solid and certain business.

Man. I never thought I'd say this, since I'm fly a virtual pointy nose, but do the jet crowd -ever- think the world revolves around them :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I love the hunt and stalk gameplay of helicopter sims. EECH and LB2 are fantastic...sneaking around trying to get into position for a kill. Plus the flying is harder..constant attention to not flying into the ground..constant inputs on the controls. I really enjoy it.

BeachAV8R

I think once the Apache comes out it will REALLY showcase 1-crew v. 2-crew workload in helis. People will see a -huge- difference when they have someone else doing gunnery or piloting for them ... aside the frustrating times when your partner just does his own thing and screws you over that is ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'd rather not have third parties make add ons to DCS. That's the case for Flight Simulator and there seems to be HUNDREDS of add ons by various parties. I can't believe that all would be of quality.

I believe it's an extremely bad idea.

Yep this is going to be a great game... And this game has trees! Not sense Longbow and Gunship has a Heli sim had so much cool stuff...

Av8r hit on the head... Stalking is hot! It will be very cool if they create a human controlled ground unit Add-on..

Goya... disappointment..?? Ahhh come on bro!! Don't be like that...

I think once the Apache comes out it will REALLY showcase 1-crew v. 2-crew workload in helis. People will see a -huge- difference when they have someone else doing gunnery or piloting for them ... aside the frustrating times when your partner just does his own thing and screws you over that is ;)

I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I spent online back in the late 80s playing F-15 Strike Eagle III in multi-player mode. I would do the flying and my friend over the 300 baud modem would play the backseater. We had to type instructions to each other until we both bought CB radios and used that to communicate to our houses. :D It was so much fun working as a crew...

:joystick::joystick:

BeachAV8R

I'd rather not have third parties make add ons to DCS. That's the case for Flight Simulator and there seems to be HUNDREDS of add ons by various parties. I can't believe that all would be of quality.

I believe it's an extremely bad idea.

Well if ED went the 3rd Party Route they would have to control that with the Pay to develop type licensing...

Meaning that if Group X wants to build the 29 Add-on they purchase the license to do so from ED at a cost... Kinda how the Licensing works between Electronic Arts and the NBA \ NFL.

That means there would be only one MiG 29 add on developed by one company. That way it will meet the requirements set by ED.

There are many different ways of doing this. 3rd party does not mean freelancing and no profits or ED.

Of course this is just opinion since they have not made public any plans stating what they are going to do regarding add ons.

Well having 3rd party to develop 3D model according to ED standard is a good thing because it would take less time to develop. All ED have to do is set certain standard of quality... and if people want and can to do it, I see why not. All the coding of FM's, avionics etc should be done by ED if you ask me...

Also that code reusability I think doesn't mean not having compatibility with LO and FC. Reusability means the base code you've done for first module is the base for everything else. This means all the hardest work is already done, all you gotta from that point on is create new objects and reuse what you've already coded. From that perspective having core module and being able to add as many new single modules as you want is great benefit. Also if you want to upgrade the code for all the models, say in graphics department with new technology you'd need to work on core module only. ED did say they plan to work on multi core CPU coding later on and once they do that you should be able to say bye bye to low frame rates as from that point on you no longer need very fast CPU, you just need one with more cores and since we already have 4 cores CPU's by that time I expect we'd have 8 core.

Now, untill we get all the goodies that'll blow your mind away... I just hope ED really does decide to fix some bad bugs remaining in LO so that we still have something very good to play with untill better comes out. LO is pretty good as is, but I agree there are few areas where it can (and I think probably should) be improved a bit more. No need to add new stuff (unless really required)... just fix and tweak what's already in.

No longer active in DCS...

How to commit financial suicide in three easy steps...

1, Totally ignore the majority of your customers demands, instead give them what you think they want.

2, Dictate to your customers YOUR plans and YOUR targets whilst being totally incapable of listening or communicating with your customers.

3, Refuse to fix a deffective product promptly that you've already sold to your customers, instead make a fix when you have enough "time" to and charge them for it.

I have a hunch that the decision to launch DCS:BS with a single flyable heli and no fast movers is going to come back and bite ED's butt. DCS:BS is going to get very boring very quickly unless your a die hard heli sim fan, it makes me laugh to have just watched ED outcast 90% of the LO community.

Lets hope for ED's sake that there is a bigger heli fan base than there is for current fast movers.

I also hope for the ppl who purchase this crud that you wont have to purchase every flyable as well as use a totally unfreindly and offensive concept of product activation to activate each flyable! let alone being forced to purchase all flyables just to be able to fly MP!.

"Talk with your wallet ppl", Dont buy BS untill your supplier meets your demands, remeber your the customer here, not ED.

1, Totally ignore the majority of your customers demands, instead give them what you think they want.

it makes me laugh to have just watched ED outcast like 90% of the LO community.

"Talk with your wallet ppl", Dont buy BS.

When forwarding submissions as above you have to be able to substantiate said submissions with fact, otherwise you run the risk of your submissions appearing to be Inflammatory/Argumentative and/or calculated to Entice Ill Feelings, which I am sure is/was not your intention at all :).

That said, are you sure that 90% of the Community (Single and Multiplayer) have been alienated?

Me, I won't be willing to bet on those odds just yet ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Really? According to you no one is interested in flying the Ka-50? Well, think again.

2, Dictate to your customers YOUR plans and YOUR targets whilst being totally incapable of listening or communicating with your customers.

Who dictates you anything? You are not forced to do anything. You don't like it- don't buy it. What's with the drama? About the lack of communication and feedback- obviously you have no clue about all the dev team inputs at these and especially DCS forums, once they got up. They contain all the answers- why it's standalone, why they've been holding the announcement, why there ano flyable planes, why the Crimea peninsula will be cut from the terrain etc. I suggest you go there and read.

3, Refuse to fix a deffective product promptly that you've already sold to your customers, instead make a fix when you have enough "time" to and charge them for it.

It's only in your imagination that someone has refused anything. Again- read the forums more carefuly.

I have a hunch that the decision to launch DCS:BS with a single flyable heli and no fast movers is going to come back and bite ED's butt. DCS:BS is going to get very boring very quickly unless your a die hard heli sim fan, it makes me laugh to have just watched ED outcast 90% of the LO community.

Lets hope for ED's sake that there is a bigger heli fan base than there is for current fast movers.

I also hope for the ppl who purchase this crud that you wont have to purchase every flyable as well as use a totally unfreindly and offensive concept of product activation to activate each flyable! let alone being forced to purchase all flyables just to be able to fly MP!.

"Talk with your wallet ppl", Dont buy BS untill your supplier meets your demands, remeber your the customer here, not ED.

Well if you're so biased right up the start there's no point to continue anymore. Again, no one has given the order- GO BUY IT! So far there are only negative orders like yours- DON'T BUY IT! I don't see anything creative in such statement but you're free to express your personal opinion. But your post except being full of negativism shows that you simply are not aware of the details that already were made known to the community. I would recommend you to get familiar with them.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

That won't happen, here is why (posted earlier by me):

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=26141&page=4

Dear english speaking gents: Don't overestimate your importance to ED. It's still a foreign (Russian) company focussing on a totally different market.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Yes, they are russian so it is totaly logical that they will focuss on Russian material. This is pure logical...so the KA-50 is logical, we dont see the Shark mutc. But in Russia...this can be a totaly different story...

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

i must say I appreciate BS being standalone. This means I don't have to buy it to fly my f-15 in HL, and for me it's all about fixed wings and knocking the opponent out of the sky ;)

The downside is of course that they give themselves a bit more time for us jet people to get more mad about our planes not working, and if they had not made it standalone, then they would pretty much have had to deal with the missile and FM&avionics issues currently causing problems for fighters and strike aircraft.

But there is something missing here.

I would PAY for an update for FC giving better missile and FM code.

I would not pay for a heli, but that's just my take on the matter.

The day you dogfight in helis, is the day I buy a heli game :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'