Why not Jets?

Rikus

I understand that BS starts only with the helicopter, too much work for each flyable aircraft.

But 9 months later, why an A10 or Apache when everybody wants a MIG29, or Sukhoi or F16, 15...

We will have to wait around 2 more years for a superiority aircraft with the details of Ka50?

:(

Greetings

I'm pretty sure that not 'everyone' wants a MiG-29, Su, or whatever - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who DO want an A-10.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'm pretty sure that not 'everyone' wants a MiG-29, Su, or whatever - I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who DO want an A-10.

We don't have to think, just start a pol and see wat "we" want, seems fair to me.

That should be the democratic way:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I think ED's position is 'these are the flyables that are in the works right now'. Beyond that, who knows what the next aircraft will be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Perhaps you can affect which aircraft will be produced after the three that have been announced so far, sure. :)

We don't have to think, just start a pol and see wat "we" want, seems fair to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I keep getting the feeling that ED killed 2 rabits in one blow with the new BS format, by giving new code in modules pakages as basis for it and turning it into "Tank killers" project we've been hearing arround for years. While this is good, it causes fast jet fans not to have anything to fly for years to come by modern software standards.

Another bad side of this, is that we loose the possibility to use SFM of the AI aircraft to add new MODed fighters to LOMAC.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Perhaps you can affect which aircraft will be produced after the three that have been announced so far, sure. :)

Sounds like you give me some hope:)

Oke, how can i affect ED!:)

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Start your poll! Mind you ... ED may already have several aircraft in the plans already, so you might not get your wish anyway ... but you can try!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like you give me some hope:)

Oke, how can i affect ED!:)

By contracting them (and paying them) to build you what you want? I don't think it will be cheap...maybe we have some wealthy lock on fan who will "buy" his own personal dream sim from ED?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What we know is that Lockon, an online fast-jet combat sim that allows you to pit different rival aircraft against eachother, flown by fellow humans, was an all-time success story in a difficult market.

What we don't know is what the fate will be of a totally different formula, DCS:BS. Lets hope for another success. I find it a BIG gamble.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What we know is that Lockon, an online fast-jet combat sim that allows you to pit different rival aircraft against eachother, flown by fellow humans, was an all-time success story in a difficult market.

What we don't know is what the fate will be of a totally different formula, DCS:BS. Lets hope for another success. I find it a BIG gamble.

You may be 100% correct in your last statement. Helicopter sims, have come and gone. No one stuck with them. Some had reasonably good graphics as well. Now only time will tell. I think there should have been at least 1-2 fast movers with DCS:BS then some addons. Might have been the more prudent way to go but we have what we have so lets see how far it goes.

Let's not forget ED had a military contract to create an A-10C simulator, which could mean some work is already done ;)

The A-10 project is very nice... was a able to to see it in operation. The developers

showed a dev demo of it.

It's a very nice training tool! A non Mil-spec would be a Perfect add-on for the new

project.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

A poll will not give the opinion of people yet to be attracted to the realm of high fidelity combat simulation.

How is it different from the formula of DCS:Flanker 2.0?
I consider the main difference in the formula to be ED's ownership of the product and independce from the money, support and commitment of publishers. By extention, a self-interest in the success, growth and development of the product in the long-term.

A poll will give people's opinions whether they have been brainwashed and sworn to loss of freedom of speech or not.
You would trust the opinion of a person who feels they've been brainwashed?

Jokes aside, I can guess what you're getting at and the issue has already been raised several times. I can direct you here:

http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=51

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

If they are only going to introduce a/c one at a time, with 9 months (lets say 18 months in reality) between ... when the first fast jet is introduced it will only have helicopters and A-10s to shoot at - god that will be fun :(

Surely you have to introduce them in pairs! Are we all going to fly on-line on the same side just plinking the dumb AI? Or all with the same a/c on both sides? Please - half the fun of LO is the different a/c and their capabilities. I still fly the crippled F-15 and fly against hordes of Migs/SUs ... fire-off my dumb AMRAAMs and then back to base for a reload!

...Are we all going to fly on-line on the same side just plinking the dumb AI?...

Isn't this exactly what you got with Falcon 4.0 and some people would swear by this sim as best of all? Also isn't FOPS going to have only 1 trainer in it as first release?

I see ED is going in direction of creating very highly details aircraft/helicopters with all you could wish for... and 9 months for new aircraft is not that bad if you ask me because it will take good few months to master each and just when you get "tired of it" you can learn new aircraft...

If you guys want AFM's, clickable cockpits, highly modeled systems, 6DoF as well as highly detailed 3D models of all ground models, I think this is the way to do it... and also may I ask why do we always need sim created following same patern with modeling of same aircraft etc... why not the Ka-50... why not something different to start with?

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...