2 months since TGP release and today's OB was...

Hawkeye_UK

Honestly I think there's a solid number of modules in game at this point and the focus needs to shift to completing the current modules and base game systems before moving on to whatever is next.

The question is all about cash. Selling a module makes cash come in, and that's undoubtedly why the Viper was released so early. Correcting old core flaws costs money (many hours of labor for no induced income). Hence the idea of the subscription model.

I'm all for a subscription based model but can someone explain to me how this would incentivize a developer to fix bugs, complete modules, and add new functionality to the game?

Making modules costs money, selling them earns money. Today, working on the core's flaws costs money but earns nothing. The subscription model's purpose is to make money get in to finance maintenance and evolutions of the core.

Not concerned at all. ED has not forced me to buy anything and I understand they have a business to run.

Lucky you. Because the topic is all about the acceleration of this business towards a wall harder than it.

Edited by *Aquila*

lol this made me laugh, the fact this has had 55 replies in less than 24 hours and is a busy post i think people do care some of which like myself have been in the online sphere since 98 with Janes F15 and falcon 4 etc. I never said i was a spokesman and it is a fair assessment that we as a community are patient, i stand by what i said. This was a discussion i raised to actually assist ED in their approach - you know 360 feedback. If you think their is not a growing resentment i advise you to go and discuss across various leading pvp MP servers and their communities either in voicecomms or their discord general chat these last few months.

Ah, but you have taken it upon yourself to use the term “we” and by default are the self elected voice of the entire community of DCS owners, which is likely in the tens of thousands (ED will not publish the actual figure for good reason). Therefore it is important as the self elected spokesperson who has polled the entire population and gained an accurate insight through a broad ranging survey, that every time you say “we” you include the statement “Except Nickmow, because he doesn’t agree with my dull pointless inaccurate self righteous conjecture”. You can shorten that to ENBHDAWMDPIC, you know just to ease up on the work. Got it ? anytime you say “we” as an inclusive statement you categorically need to add that disclaimer. Good boy

Wise people don't pollute a debate on a collective subject with personal considerations. If you don't like each other, go fight by PM and let us discuss in peace.

The needs of the many outway the needs of the few got it cheers Boss, Didn’t say anywhere i don’t like Hawkeye, he’s clearly a stout chap who likes DCS and a Brit so that two ticks in the good lad box, the collective “we” is my personal gripe but doesn’t mean I wouldn’t wingman him online.

Except wait a minute, I’m not allowed a voice ? So my counterpoint to Hawks statement is not allowed, in summary He say the “community” have a view, I disagree, see how the interwebs works, everyone gets a go

You're allowed what you want, I ain't no boss. But hell, dude, the topic is the development of the Hornet, its balance with the Viper's one and all induced effects. It seems important to me (seen? I said "me") that this discussion stays peaceful. No hard feeling :)

iRacing is a subscription model because it's a service, and anyone who's had anything to do with iRacing knows their development cycle makes ED look frantic. If there's funding issues with these complex modules maybe ED should look at not doing 10 year old planes, and do easier and quicker to develop 40 year old ones instead? how about fixing CA a bit so people might want it for more than novelty? If there's a problem here it's of their own devising, and squeezing even more money out of us is not the way forward. Subs would be effectively making us pay twice for content, there's no added value for the subs payment.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Hey overall, we're doin ok man :-)

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth. I think when it comes to projects, upgrades, new maps or new releases that ED promises and then seems to take forever in finalising or existing ones that keep frustrating us. Well you know what, I don't care, over the years I've learned to roll with it and now I cut em a lot of slack because I know they're not some bagillion dollar company like Disney, Lucas Arts, MS or whatever that has endless resources of people and $$$. I think ED has done incrediblly well on many many levels to give us what they have, considering their capacity and the resources they have at hand. So, I reckon we should stop and think that our glass here is half full and not half empty.

Peace out, G

:smilewink: :thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I don't know why people are howling here that the FA-18 isn't going any further... ED has so far delivered on what they have promised! (If Polychop or Razbam had implemented only half as much...) My gosh...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

ED has so far delivered on what they have promised!

Did they? In terms of designation pod only, they promised an ATFLIR. As the ATFLIR timeline skyrocketed to the moon, they promised a Litening to soften the waiting. And it's still considerably WIP.

But so far they have broken no promise. The ATFLIR will still come. Slower than you'd like, but that's still no promise broken.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Eventually a lot of the frustration here is due to our lack of ability as human beings to delay gratification. Damn, whenever my phone fail to upload a web page fast enough I'm getting angry at him :)

Basically what ED done to us was to make us wait now for at least two weeks just for some bugs to flush out for the Viper...Not even new features probably... Just to make it work almost properly. Even worse with the Hornet -we probably need to wait at least a month for new features ... seriously?! Two weeks now?! A Month?!? Are you kidding me?! :) I want the thrill of a new features yesterday! I don't want to WAIT. I've WAITED too long now! Two months with almost zero new toys to play with.

Objectively, even now, we got a thrilling experience of flying two super advanced fighter jets in a beautiful environment. That's crazy... When I was flying Janes F15E/F18 or USAF I couldn't even imagine this kind of graphics or details. But now - how dare you not to add the TGP symbol to move in the HUD?! :)

I do blame ED for this frustration. They should have done a better job with communicating Hornet updates. Even keeping the Hornet mini-updates alive on "low fire" would make every one happier :) Damn, just post a screenshot once in a while... publish a mission... something to calm our appetite :)

They should have done a better job with communicating Hornet updates. Even keeping the Hornet mini-updates alive on "low fire" would make every one happier :) Damn, just post a screenshot once in a while... publish a mission... something to calm our appetite :)

While I basically still dont care if Hornet EA takes 1 year or 3, on this I do agree! They could make their own life so much easier by feeding us a few more tidbits.

A nice little mission of the week, or some sneak peak videos or whatnot would do a lot of good - I miss the MOTWs!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated.

For those of you who have seen the post from our CEO about why we have early access you should understand the reasons why it is important for ED.

Work has continued on the Hornet even with some devs moved across for the viper launch, and as Wags has mentioned already they will be moving back in due course.

When we have an update for you on the hornet progress we will let you all know.

Thank you for your support.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2