Campaign updates

Reflected

Awesome! 

Installed and ready to go. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 🎄 ... is going to be hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon. Tomorrow a chance of continued crappy with a pissy weather front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut. Can't wait! Now ... how to get rid of the family...🤔

You are able to make these excellent campaigns faster than I can finish playing them.

Congrats and thanks for your hard work! Happy Holidays

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Also, there was a massive update to all my WW2 campaigns as well. Not a long list, but weeks of work and some real game-changers like the flak update:

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Flak update.

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• AI takeoff timer logic reworked to circumvent a new AI takeoff bug.
  • Flak update.

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Flak update.

DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Horrido! Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Visual briefings.
  • Flak update.

DCS: P-47D Wolfpack Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Visual briefings.
  • AI takeoff timer logic reworked to circumvent a new AI takeoff bug.
  • Flak update.

F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Visual briefings.
  • Flak update.
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Any word on when Steam will get Paradise Lost? Sure would like to give that one a spin!😎

Same here ! But it also means I won't have any regrets spending time at my parents' this week-end, instead of staying home and flying ! 😄 

While we wait, to brush off my Huey skills, I flew the Larkin Aviation campaign. Free, short, fun, and very well done. It's in the User Files section. Now waiting for the serious fun to begin !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tomcat announcements are my favorite announcements!  🙂 

If we may make guesses (I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case), I'd take a stab at it and say:

Spoiler

Constant Peg? Either SP mission, mini-campaign or addition to Zone 5? The MiG-23 seems to have Soviet markings, the terrain could either be PG or NTTR (but why Soviet markings over PG map?) Aaaand in a recent video on his YouTube channel, Bio talked about "Constant Peg" and that it was a part of the Top Gun training curriculum, specifically to fly to Nellis and give the guys at Tonopah a call and arrange a "meeting" at some of the training ranges.

Also, Al Bundy was suffering from "Constant Peg" a lot 😄 

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FMBluecher said:

Looks great! I assume there's no way for Zone 5 owners to play it as a standalone, i.e. without replaying the whole campaign? I intend to replay it at some point anyway, but just wondered if I could quickly hop in to just this mission.

Typically you can find the appropriate .miz file and copy it into the Saved Games/DCS/Missions folder and select it in the Missions menu in DCS.

• Like 2

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

vor 31 Minuten schrieb FMBluecher:

Looks great! I assume there's no way for Zone 5 owners to play it as a standalone, i.e. without replaying the whole campaign? I intend to replay it at some point anyway, but just wondered if I could quickly hop in to just this mission.

A couple of updates ago, ED changed the way you play campaigns: you can skip missions, and you can refly missions that you've already completed. So you don't have to fly the whole Zone 5 campaign again in order to fly that new mission.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb unlikely_spider:

Typically you can find the appropriate .miz file and copy it into the Saved Games/DCS/Missions folder and select it in the Missions menu in DCS.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that's not possible with purchased 3rd-party campaigns due to copyright restrictions. 🤷‍♂️

Changelog:

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• C-47 Added.

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• C-47 Added.

DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Horrido! Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Bomber formation fixes.
  • C-47 Added.

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Bomber formation fixes.
  • C-47 Added.

DCS: UH-1H Paradise Lost Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Typos fixed in mission 1 & documentation.
  • Yellow bus removed from near the flight line.
  • Added an in flight guide pdf.
  • FM homing should work during the entire long count in Mission 6.

DCS: F-14A Zone 5 Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

• Added a brand new Exposure mission with PDF.
  • Stock ATC disabled to avoid bugs.
  • f-4e Skin folder name fixed.
  • Thanks 5