Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

15 hours ago, Red_Pilot said:

I can't stop admiring and enjoying it! I still haven't found anything more realistic for myself among all the maps than the textures of Barthek's Caucasus 

Screen_231202_203126.jpg

Screen_231202_203126.jpg

Yeah, that‘s true. Especially from altitude - Caucasus Redone looks marvelous!

• Like 4

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 3 weeks later...

@Barthek
When you say 'main folder', im not sure which one you mean. Is it saved games or the program files directory?
I was always told not to touch the program files directory with mods...

And if it is the program files directory, am I overwriting the DCS files with the same name?

9 minutes ago, RJF said:

@Barthek
When you say 'main folder', im not sure which one you mean. Is it saved games or the program files directory?
I was always told not to touch the program files directory with mods...

And if it is the program files directory, am I overwriting the DCS files with the same name?

The main folder (in which those kinds of mods go) is the program files directory, not the savedgames.

Ans yes - you are overwriting the original game files. That is why a mod manager is recommended. However. If you don't wanna use one, you can restore the original files by running a slow repair.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

One (small) issue, just figured, for this mod to work properly ground textures should be on "High", when on "Low" ground works incorrectly, with some textures taken from the mod, and some default. Would be cool to also include in the mod ability to use "Low" setting, for higher performance in VR or for lower end machines.

Mod looks great btw! Thanks a lot Bartek!

Edited by Mnemonic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barthek said:

Further testing of the new villages / cities textures. Blending is a nightmare.

Screen_240118_120941.jpg

Screen_240118_120910.jpg

It will make a huge differnce though. So far the settlement textures are the absolut low point of the Caucasus Map, which is otherwise (thanks to your re-texturing) still really nice. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 12:35 PM, Hiob said:

It will make a huge differnce though. So far the settlement textures are the absolut low point of the Caucasus Map, which is otherwise (thanks to your re-texturing) still really nice. 

Indeed. It´s the main reason i still use the map to fly.

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

2 minutes ago, Barthek said:

Bad news. I can't use this particular method - the grass stops being generated, unfortunately. 😞 

Could you keep it as an option? This looks way too good to throw away, I'm sure some poeple would sacrifice grass to have these textures

• Like 1

No grass is worth a try.. Grass is really great for Helecopter flight but we have several other good maps for that type of flight.  Good luck in how you choose to move forward @Barthek 

• Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

4 minutes ago, Barthek said:

Another take on the fields -  still not satisfied with the result but hey, that looks interesting. And yes - the grass is back. 

Screen_240131_190722.jpg

Screen_240131_190456.jpg

Screen_240131_190229.jpg

Screen_240131_190054.jpg

From flying over agricultural areas in germany, I must say the last attempt looked more realistic. I think the smaller longish groups of field doesn’t look very natural now….

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

From flying over agricultural areas in germany, I must say the last attempt looked more realistic. I think the smaller longish groups of field doesn’t look very natural now….

I'm a real-life pilot myself too and all I can do is agree with you! In Poland, generally in Europe, the fields look totally different. However, when playing with the mod, I take satellite photos of Georgia as the reference. Here's an example of that region:

image.png

Edited by Barthek
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Barthek said:

I'm a real-life pilot myself too and all I can do is agree with you! In Poland, generally in Europe, the fields look totally different. However, when playing with the mod, I take satellite photos of Georgia as the reference. Here's an example of that region:

image.png

Oh, wow. I stand to be corrected. Interesting! 👍

(I‘m no pilot though - I wish I was - just a passenger. 😅)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1