Please Buy The Hornet.

wilbur81

I love the Hornet and I appreciate the work of ED, but I share a sense of frustration with DLEGION, especially with the IFF and the contacts that come off the radar without much effort. The AMRAAM at this time behave as semi-active, 60% of the objectives are lost. In dogfight, a single projectile kills the pilot or knocks you down completely, while other modules fly without their two wings. Sorry, this is my opinion.

Even so, I recommend your purchase.

I never heard something about the IFF failing to identify contacts, and same with the radar, maybe you have to have a look at the manual.

The AMRAAMs does behave as a Semi-active missile, until it enters pitbull; I personally shoot AMRAAM from a F-15 and, when fired they look for an objective and track them correctly.

If you’re in a dogfight and something hits you you’re done, thats how modern warfare works, many times one hit equals one kill (very few times you can survive).

I would like to see a photo of the module flying without 2 wings XD.

Many people are flying with high fidelity modules, and they don’t have any disadvantage compared to FC3 ones, wich BTW, they have the systems correctly simulated, and for example, the JF-17 has the enemy ECMs simulated on the Radar, but the F-18 doesn’t have them simulated, so re-think that.

The IFF never fails for you aswell, the only plane that can “fail” with the IFF is the JF-17 if it’s not porperlly setted up in TRS and INT options.

Never heard anything about “Galactic Missiles”.

The advanced observers is an issue, but killing their AWACS will do the job.

If you don’t trust or know the systems of your plane, you have a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh… well, i'm happy to see someone that is actually happy of the hornet, but i was tricked by people like you , so i think i must share my experience, to not make more sad people like me.

F18 is still in EA (Early Access) , it has many features, but some of this features are still bugged, and a lot is totally missing. reading positive comments, i buy it years ago, hoping that in the time i would learn the already present features, the plane would be completed…

but it was not.

so the starting happines become a frustration of keep running in the same bugs everyday, that makes impossible for me to enjoy the module.

plus , the devs started to work on other modules, slowing down even more the F18 development… and honestly i see no light at the end of the tunnel (but lets say its just me very negative…).

so.. to cut it short...F18 is a good plane, in DCS the F18 module for the parts that are modeled and works ...its good. but there are bugs old of years, many missing features, and play it may become frustrating (for me it is) especially compared to other modules, that still have some bugs but are way more "all round complete" and enjoyable.

so...to not do my mistake, before buy F18 just consider if you're a very patient guy, and years-long Early Access is for you.

i hope to be of service to the community.

Very well said! I've stated before that I'm done buying modules until progress is made on modules that seem to be in perpetual Beta. It's very frustrating for consumers to see new DCS aircraft announced when airplanes like the Hornet are under development.

Paco

The Hornet is honestly a fantastic module and worth every penny but as many have already mentioned it is still not feature complete and certain systems are quite buggy and need a lot of polish. That being said, it's a good time to get in on it with the Hornet/Carrier package being on sale if you dont mind dealing with an aircraft still in Beta, or alternatively, putting on the shelf for a while while its development progresses.

I own the Hornet, among most other aircraft, but I really wish it would get all of the features completed and polished up. I just really don't enjoy learning systems and flight characteristics that I know will change down the road when they are eventually fixed, forcing me to basically get accustomed to them all over again.

I am a big fan of the F/A-18, even with features not fully implemented yet. Of course the only other plane I've flown a significant amount is the M-2000 and I'm guessing any plane would seem in good shape compared to that! I am happy that, in general, ED does not create more problems than they solve with each patch...like with the aforementioned M-2000.

So I bought the A-10 and K-50 in years long gone (see my join date). I love the A-10. I love the destruction. I love the flight model. BUT...I love the F-18 more as an aircraft and I have so much more to learn from it...I love the multi-role aspect. I love what it can do. I feel like I'm still learning the radar, avionics, weapons systems, even after flying it for over a year. I guess the bugs in page four of the STEP page that may or may not exist don't affect me much, since I fly it to have fun.

Sunday morning I flew my first ever MP missions, believe it or not, after over 10 years of DCS experience...and after getting waxed a few times, a few kills of my own, I took down the enemy Stennis with 8 JSOWS (My teammates had softened it up and it was smoking so it was more visible on the FLIR). It felt pretty fricking awesome. I didn't even know how to chat lol, had to look it up on my phone (CTRL+TAB FYI) Bye for now, hopping on a MP server . :P :) :D

PS-F3 flyby still gives me chills when I hear it..maybe being a Canadian kid seeing my first airshows with CF-18s.

Edited by MarkyMark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh… well, i'm happy to see someone that is actually happy of the hornet, but i was tricked by people like you , so i think i must share my experience, to not make more sad people like me.

F18 is still in EA (Early Access) , it has many features, but some of this features are still bugged, and a lot is totally missing. reading positive comments, i buy it years ago, hoping that in the time i would learn the already present features, the plane would be completed…

but it was not.

so the starting happines become a frustration of keep running in the same bugs everyday, that makes impossible for me to enjoy the module.

plus , the devs started to work on other modules, slowing down even more the F18 development… and honestly i see no light at the end of the tunnel (but lets say its just me very negative…).

so.. to cut it short...F18 is a good plane, in DCS the F18 module for the parts that are modeled and works ...its good. but there are bugs old of years, many missing features, and play it may become frustrating (for me it is) especially compared to other modules, that still have some bugs but are way more "all round complete" and enjoyable.

so...to not do my mistake, before buy F18 just consider if you're a very patient guy, and years-long Early Access is for you.

i hope to be of service to the community.

+1 Yeah agreed. It was a good EA with a good pace of updates that ppl were happy with until they got too busy with other modules. You play a DCS module until a certain point where there's not much else to do. What would resolve this would be a Dynamic Campaign system.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Here's a question for ya: is the game going to always call this thing an "F-18c Lot 20"?

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

If you’re in a dogfight and something hits you you’re done, thats how modern warfare works, many times one hit equals one kill (very few times you can survive).

Have you been to many wars? :lol::lol::lol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Never been inside the cockpit but still bought it, cuz i love ED so much:)

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

PS-F3 flyby still gives me chills when I hear it..maybe being a Canadian kid seeing my first airshows with CF-18s.

If you haven't tried watermanpcs sound mod for the Hornet...you might like what you hear on the Flyby.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305785/?sphrase_id=21769790

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I want to buy It but ED removed the bundle just today

That's ODD...Maybe you did not look in the right place...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/bundles/

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I heard that this is unrealistic.

How so?...Its called Ultra Realistic...Have you heard it for yourself?

Honestly, I would not know if it is or isn't...but it sounds pretty good to me...

If I like it...stands to reason others might...right or wrong, it is an option.

I guess what floats ones boat sinks another's...Go figure.

Edited by MegOhm_SD