Caucasus update?

fudabidu

I am of course using the mod bettertrees by Taz1004 and I find that the last ED screenshots are showing such a kind of improvement.
The Taz mod combined with the Bartek mod you can have such kind of environement which is clearly giving a new nice Caucasus map! 😀

Screen_220913_131600.png

Screen_220913_131658.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rob10 said:

I wondered the same.  They were posted here:

Silver_Dragon doesn't mention exactly where they were from, just "ED add new Caucasus map screenshopts: On develop".  First mention I've seen of any possible updated.

They're from here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

But I think they mostly show different types of clouds and how they lay upon terrain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 months later...

Any plans to add detail to the Crimean Peninsula and southern Ukraine?

Edit: Maybe a separate paid map for this area up to say, Kyiv.

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• 10 months later...

Hey, didn't want to start a new thread but thought my question woud fit in here pretty nice. 🙂

Since you guys now launch Afghanistan in that new way, I was wondering, if you've considered maybe launching some new parts for Caucasus in the same way as well? I know, it's a free to play map and it is awesome Full Stop!

But i for myself would really would like to get some more points of interests into it. And this seems like a perfect opportunity for something like this. 🙂

Many ppl surely would like to see Crimea but I for myself would love to go for a spin above a high-res Istanbul.^^

1 hour ago, Mobius_11804 said:

Hey, didn't want to start a new thread but thought my question woud fit in here pretty nice. 🙂

Since you guys now launch Afghanistan in that new way, I was wondering, if you've considered maybe launching some new parts for Caucasus in the same way as well? I know, it's a free to play map and it is awesome Full Stop!

But i for myself would really would like to get some more points of interests into it. And this seems like a perfect opportunity for something like this. 🙂

Many ppl surely would like to see Crimea but I for myself would love to go for a spin above a high-res Istanbul.^^

Caucus was build on what is now a pretty old technology so the chances of adding anything to it are pretty slim.  To do so they'd probably need/want to start from scratch and I don't see that happening.

• Like 1