A functional Stennis

Reflected

(...and Ranger, and other future carriers)

Dear devs,

While I'm eagerly awaiting the Supercarrier - probably almost as much as the Tomcat this time last year - I would love to see the Stennis being fully functional from a mission design point of view. I don't mean any new features, deck crew and whatnot, just please make it fully work. By this I mean:

- aircraft should be able to hook up to the cat without any problems

- the cat should launch without having to fiddle around, idle the throttle, etc...(F-14)

- the cat should launch the aircraft straight - even if I spawn on the runway, sometimes my plane veers off sideways and crashes

- AI and player units should be able to spawn at parking positions as long as there is a sufficient number. of them Now, even if I only want to spawn 2 planes, all the possible parking spots need to be empty, which doesn't leave much room for static planes. Otherwise I get the "your flight is delayed" message.

- I should be able to spawn on a cat while another one is occupied by an AI without getting the my flight is delayed message.

- AI should be able to taxi to the cat without crashing into the player or static aircraft.

- AI should be able to land (now they seem to be stuck in the marshal stack)

- AI should be able to taxi off the runway, and safely back to the most logical empty parking spot.

Currently these don't seem to work, and mission makers have to make huge compromises. I understand the HB carriers will be just like the Stennis in terms of functionality (correct me if I'm wrong), and I would love to be able to use them properly.

Many thanks! :thumbup:

Edited by Reflected

+1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Nice request and I totally agree.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

What if players don't cooperate? I mean, even if they are trying to do the right thing, it doesn't mean that it can work.

For example, I ran across this situation years ago. I was taxiing from ramp to runway and there were a number of AI flights behind me taxiing along like geese in a row. For whatever reason I needed to stop to do something, so I pulled off the center of the taxiway leaving far more than enough room for the flights behind me to pull around. Did they? No, of course they didn't. They can roll up the center of the taxiway and that's it. No "fancy" maneuvering.

On the carrier deck the room for getting past other aircraft is 100 times smaller, and the deck can be full of AI and player aircraft at the same time. I expect the AI aircraft to function perfectly, and not block any taxiways, but what about humans? They may be certain that they are out of the way and yet block the taxiway and thus bring operations to a complete halt. And I'm certain that at some point we'll run into the guy who doesn't give-a-damn and starts repairs in the middle of the taxiway, because others can just go around. What then? Have I simply lost all faith in humanity?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

(...and Ranger, and other future carriers)

Dear devs,

While I'm eagerly awaiting the Supercarrier - probably almost as much as the Tomcat this time last year - I would love to see the Stennis being fully functional from a mission design point of view. I don't mean any new features, deck crew and whatnot, just please make it fully work. By this I mean:

- aircraft should be able to hook up to the cat without any problems

- the cat should launch without having to fiddle around, idle the throttle, etc...(F-14)

- the cat should launch the aircraft straight - even if I spawn on the runway, sometimes my plane veers off sideways and crashes

- AI and player units should be able to spawn at parking positions as long as there is a sufficient number. of them Now, even if I only want to spawn 2 planes, all the possible parking spots need to be empty, which doesn't leave much room for static planes. Otherwise I get the "your flight is delayed" message.

- I should be able to spawn on a cat while another one is occupied by an AI without getting the my flight is delayed message.

- AI should be able to taxi to the cat without crashing into the player or static aircraft.

- AI should be able to land (now they seem to be stuck in the marshal stack)

- AI should be able to taxi off the runway, and safely back to the most logical empty parking spot.

Currently these don't seem to work, and mission makers have to make huge compromises. I understand the HB carriers will be just like the Stennis in terms of functionality (correct me if I'm wrong), and I would love to be able to use them properly.

Many thanks! :thumbup:

+1

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]