Forrestal has suddenly become very important

nicka117

I'm suspect HB uses the same methods for carrier launch and recovery features as the default Stennis, which means that a Forrestal released now would be just as broken as the Stennis.

EDIT: Or are you talking about the upcoming SC module?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I'm suspect HB uses the same methods for carrier launch and recovery features as the default Stennis, which means that a Forrestal released now would be just as broken as the Stennis.

EDIT: Or are you talking about the upcoming SC module?

yep, SC will not be functional for F-14 until release state. I would guess release state is a year away.

Well to be fair Wags said they will try their best to provide limited functionality for the F-14 as soon as possible during EA.

Fair enough, but I've learned to manage my expectations with the:

"coming soon"

"making great progress"

"we'll do our best"

..etc.

Most F-14 drivers that prepaid for the module will be disappointed. Thus, maybe the Forrestal will be fun to use until release state.

But, maybe the Forrestal is still a number of months away....who knows.

Iron Mike is on another thread says the F14 and Super Carrier will work together just fine FYI.

Of course there are folks telling him he’s wrong....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Iron Mike is on another thread says the F14 and Super Carrier will work together just fine FYI.

Of course there are folks telling him he’s wrong....

IronMike hasn't said anything for a month now. HB has been pretty quiet about everything lately.

IronMike hasn't said anything for a month now. HB has been pretty quiet about everything lately.

Perhaps an older thread. Been fooled by the time stamp before. My apologies if I’m spreading incorrect info!

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

yep, SC will not be functional for F-14 until release state. I would guess release state is a year away.

So pretty much never then. Well, can only blame myself for being fooled by the pre order con.

So pretty much never then. Well, can only blame myself for being fooled by the pre order con.

Oh please. If it was a "pre-order con", they wouldn't have so clearly laid out their intentions and what issues they are dealing with right now and in the near future.

Based on recents events, I'm not really keeping my hopes up. The whole game is such a mess.

Yeah same, there seems to be a disconnect between the "news" we get, and what we actually get. Both from third parts and ED as well.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Sad to say, I've supported these guys from the beginning. They started out strong with the F-14 release last year, and I thought we were on track to finally brake the Multi-year endless EA cycle. But since then haven't seen them make good on any of the missing features. Let alone, simple things that have been wrong since day 1:

Aim-9 Rails still aren't textured, wrong engine instruments, no OBC, and half a dozen other minor things besides showboat features stated on the store page, and their most recent newsletter. I understand bug fixing takes priority but TBH I've lost confidence in this team. The statements made by them regrading super carrier module compatibility feel like outright falsehoods, and not a single thing listed on their quarterly newsletter has been added to the game, not one thing...

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Sad to say, I've supported these guys from the beginning. They started out strong with the F-14 release last year, and I thought we were on track to finally brake the Multi-year endless EA cycle. But since then haven't seen them make good on any of the missing features. Let alone, simple things that have been wrong since day 1:

Aim-9 Rails still aren't textured, wrong engine instruments, no OBC, and half a dozen other minor things besides showboat features stated on the store page, and their most recent newsletter. I understand bug fixing takes priority but TBH I've lost confidence in this team. The statements made by them regrading super carrier module compatibility feel like outright falsehoods, and not a single thing listed on their quarterly newsletter has been added to the game, not one thing...

You may be underestimating just how much of a problem Bug chasing is.

How many new bugs have come up between the F-14 EA release and now? Heck how many in the last MONTH? There's only so many work hours in a day.

If the DCS core was a locked down product, I could see a complaint, but the core is constantly being changed and pumping out new surprises that Heatblur doesn't even find out about until the patch drops.

Christ what a bunch of drama queens!

Once you've gotten over your hysterical melodramatics maybe re-read the bloody thread, specifically this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4250474&postcount=7

Might as well get used to it, the more attention their eye catching advertisements get, the more emo gamers we'll end up with. I foresee this place turn into a LoL (League of Legends, notoriously toxic online game) site someday. Remember you heard it here first :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2