DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Hi,

Thanks for keeping this great app updated and adding every time new feature. Very well appreciated. I cannot fly any more without this app.

Little bug to fix : (1.0.2022.0819). F-15 ACFM. The autopilot switch start in middle position, which is wrong. Should be down. And I cannot "click" on it. No reaction. But if I use the keyboard shortcut to set AP ON or OFF, then it works on DCS UFC.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

After reading through some of the older posts. The MFDs do not display data, just act as the buttons to press.

Does anyone know if Helios will work along side DCS UFC?

Plan would be one screen for DCS UFC. Then two other touch screens using helios for the left and right MFDS.

Hi,

The SPO-15 is missing some information. It's possible it is missing medium range SAMs completely?

Firstly - it is showing incorrect threat at bottom of the screen.

In DCS there is a threat of Medium Range SAM primary (Box and letter lit), as well as secondary Short Range SAM and AWACs (secondary is just the letter lit but not the boxes above).

On the Android App the Medium Range Radar is totally missing from being highlighted 

Secondly the dot at 90 degrees left is not lit.

Thirdly I am being locked in DCS (red circle), but not locked on the DCS UFC Android app.

Assuming all 3 missing items are related to the medium range SAM.

Can you please try and find what's missing?

To reproduce it, I can take the Su-25A and fly on Enigma's cold war server Syria map. Maybe 5 minutes flying from base toward enemy lines I'll be litup like the attached photo.

DCS_UFC_Su-25.jpg

Edited by TAIPAN_

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 3 weeks later...

New version 1.0.2022.1126 avaible

- F-16C: added Lighting panel (External/internal lighting)
- F-16C: changed right console panel (SNSR, HUD, Avionics)
- F-14: added RIO warnings panel
- Ka-50: added Datalink panel
- AV8 UFC: added "clicking" COMM's knobs (by clicking on COMM LCD)
- A-10C CDU: STEER switch fixed
- added information during the first run about the need to install the script on the PC 
- fixed display on devices supporting "Right-to left" mode

• Like 2

10 hours ago, norman99 said:

Also, before I purchase, can anyone confirm this app is compatible with SimAppPro from WinWing?

I use both, never had any issue.

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

On 12/1/2022 at 2:03 AM, pet333r said:

New version 1.0.2022.1126 avaible

- F-16C: added Lighting panel (External/internal lighting)
- F-16C: changed right console panel (SNSR, HUD, Avionics)
- F-14: added RIO warnings panel
- Ka-50: added Datalink panel
- AV8 UFC: added "clicking" COMM's knobs (by clicking on COMM LCD)
- A-10C CDU: STEER switch fixed
- added information during the first run about the need to install the script on the PC 
- fixed display on devices supporting "Right-to left" mode

After the last update to the mobile app, the application stopped responding to the game.

I deleted the app and installed the scripts all again, but still I don't get any response from the mobile app.

Well, it seems my suspicions were right.

Using this app simultaneously with my WinWing MIP, disables the WinWing UFC/HUD panels completely, both switches and displays.

Obviously this is a deal breaker for me, so until there's a way to make them compatible, I'll have to avoid using the UFC Android app entirely.

It's such a shame, as my phone would have made the perfect IFEI panel for use with the rest of the WinWing hardware. 😞

16 hours ago, norman99 said:

Well, it seems my suspicions were right.

Using this app simultaneously with my WinWing MIP, disables the WinWing UFC/HUD panels completely, both switches and displays.

Obviously this is a deal breaker for me, so until there's a way to make them compatible, I'll have to avoid using the UFC Android app entirely.

It's such a shame, as my phone would have made the perfect IFEI panel for use with the rest of the WinWing hardware. 😞

What does your export.lua look like?

Does it change when you run the Winwing software?

Sometimes you can solve these problems by changing the order of entries in the export.lua.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 2 weeks later...

@pet333r still love it the app! After the last update, though, the f-16 profile is skipping pages when cycling through. Out of the 8 or 9 pages its only cycling through 4 unless you get to a page that got skipped then cycle back one. But once you cycle forward again it continues skipping some. I calling forward cycling to the right and backward cycling left. I’m using buttons to cycle, not swipes. All other profiles seem correct. Just noticed this as I haven’t flow the f16 for a while

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 12/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, TAIPAN_ said:

What does your export.lua look like?

Does it change when you run the Winwing software?

Sometimes you can solve these problems by changing the order of entries in the export.lua.

This right here. In some situations placing items higher up/ different orders in the export lua will make them function differently/ give them different priorities. I use dcs-ufc along side helios software and have no troubles.. WinWing simapp pro( not sure if thats what’s used for the mip) made my dcs kind of buggy and spiked the fps all over the place. I opted to just get rid of the code in the export lua and not run winwing software. Of course that may not work with mip and you would have to setup the displays and possibly binding manually. Just an idea.. Try re-arranging the order of the items in the export.lua. It could be that one app just needs to be first in line. 

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks, in the past i used Touch Portal pro without using Coins combined with the DCS UFC App. The used Buttons have been added in Touch Portal by myself. All worked fine, since a few weeks, Touch Portal is no longer recognized in DCS World (Touch Portal is connected with the Android, green light is on) . If i shut down DCS, Touchportal Inputs will be  recognized by Windows. Did somebody know how to fix that issue, is it possible that DCS UFC has a conflict with Touch Portal?  Thanks for every Tip!

6 hours ago, Abeone said:

Hello Folks, in the past i used Touch Portal pro without using Coins combined with the DCS UFC App. The used Buttons have been added in Touch Portal by myself. All worked fine, since a few weeks, Touch Portal is no longer recognized in DCS World (Touch Portal is connected with the Android, green light is on) . If i shut down DCS, Touchportal Inputs will be  recognized by Windows. Did somebody know how to fix that issue, is it possible that DCS UFC has a conflict with Touch Portal?  Thanks for every Tip!

I seem to remember there's certain apps that insist on being last (or first?) in the export.lua file. I know the Winwing software also warns about that... it's possible you're running into an issue like that too. Hope that helps.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Hello folks I'm having no luck connecting the app. I have tried all suggested fixes such as

Checking the ip addresses are correct for both my pc and my android tablet in both the pc and the app settings, adding an exception to my fire wall. 

But still no luck. Could I be having issues due to my pc only being able to connect to a 2.4ghz WiFi and my tablet only connecting to the 5ghz WiFi ? I literally know nothing about networks so apologise if this is a stupid question. 

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance here but I was wondering if there is recommend spec of tablet to use for this app, as I’m unsure if certain tablets run it better than others? My day to day tablet that I use is an iPad so I’m looking to get an android tablet that will be basically dedicated solely to this UFC app so the cheaper the better. The only specs I can see on the app is android 4.1 and above.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Tye:

Excuse my ignorance here but I was wondering if there is recommend spec of tablet to use for this app, as I’m unsure if certain tablets run it better than others? My day to day tablet that I use is an iPad so I’m looking to get an android tablet that will be basically dedicated solely to this UFC app so the cheaper the better. The only specs I can see on the app is android 4.1 and above.

I use a cheap 7" amazon fire table (and an old samsung galaxy s2 smarthphone). When using the fire tablet, you must sideload the playstore, which isn't a big deal, google for it and it takes maybe 10 minutes to setup. While the tablet itself is incredable slow, the UFC works without any problem.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dief47 said:

I use a cheap 7" amazon fire table (and an old samsung galaxy s2 smarthphone). When using the fire tablet, you must sideload the playstore, which isn't a big deal, google for it and it takes maybe 10 minutes to setup. While the tablet itself is incredable slow, the UFC works without any problem.

Okay thank you so much! Was looking at using the fire tab as an option. Is 7" a decent size to work with the UI in the app?

Hey @pet333r

I really love the app, makes many things much easier. But I have a question, if I am using the app for the F-16 ICP and start a trackfile after the mission it seems like the app inputs were not tracked by the trackfile. Am I missing something? 

Greetings Milan 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately since the latest CJS Superbug Mod version (2.0) the UFC app doesn't work anymore with the cockpit of F-18E/F or EA-18G. If I choose the F/A-18C in the app (as before) the buttons and switches in the Super hornet cockpit are reacting to inputs from the app but there is no export of the UFC or IFEI displays nor an export of the button or switch positions from the cockpit to the app.

EDIT: strange enough, all stepless rotary switches like they ones on the Lighting panel (Formation lights, Consoles lights and so on) or the Volume switches of COMM 1 / Comm 2 on the UFC panel are working as intended. They are turning in the app and in the cockpit simultaneously. Other rotary switches with steps like the RADAR switch don't work, equally the two or three-step switches (e.g. FLIR).

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I've used DCS UFC in the past but stopped about a year ago.  Today I've tried it again and I cannot get the MFDs to register any button presses.  I'm using 3 Android tablets - one for each of the F-16's left MFD, right MFD and ICP.  All three can control the ICP without any issues, but none of the 3 can control any MFD, even after I select from the 'left / right / center' option in the middle.  Has anyone else had any issues getting the MFDs to work recently?