DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

8 hours ago, stenji said:

Same here.... Any help?

This can happen if you install the mod into the DCS main game folder, instead of saved games.

Did you install manually? The script should see the right folder, but you may need to modify it

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, TAIPAN_ said:

This can happen if you install the mod into the DCS main game folder, instead of saved games.

Did you install manually? The script should see the right folder, but you may need to modify it

Actually I installed it in both the main and the saved games folder. The message appears every time I launch DCS on PC even though I can use the app normally with my tablet.

I am waiting for a new DCS update so it may delete extra files from the main path...

On 7/19/2023 at 5:58 AM, stenji said:

Actually I installed it in both the main and the saved games folder. The message appears every time I launch DCS on PC even though I can use the app normally with my tablet.

I am waiting for a new DCS update so it may delete extra files from the main path...

Yep, remove it from the main game folder should fix it. That makes it think it's a module needing a license.

3 hours ago, MirabelleBenou said:

Hello ! Any plan to add AH-64 and F-15E ? 🙂

Thanks !

The F-15E doesn't even allow exports yet. Hard for a 3rd party to write for something that doesn't exist yet. Pace yourself. 

Legit question on the AH-64 though. 🙂

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone else tried to use this app with a Streamdeck connected via DCS Flightpanels?
https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/DCSFlightpanels

This app works, but stops the DCSFP Streamdeck working.

I cannot answer your question but I might have a fix for you.

Although I don’t know for sure I think exports are processed in the order they appear in your export.lua file.

My guess is the line of code for this app appears before your flight panels line. I think I’ve observed certain errors in an export stopping it processing all remaining exports and starting its cycle again.

So that’s where I’d look first to troubleshoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If DCSFP is the newer version, I'd try and run it with that DCS-Bios in the export. 

I've used DCSFP this way for the DCSFP CDU integration and both worked. There was a fix for the A10C that I had to merge in though. 

Unfortunately I can't share because I sold my CDU so now I'm back on the default from MP UFC

1 hour ago, No1sonuk said:

@Trigati Would that order be a problem if the tablet wasn't connected?

I ask because the only difference is whether or not the app is running on my tablet - the export.lau is the same.

@TAIPAN_ I'll try a full update later.

No, it shouldn't make a difference if the tablet is running or not, only iof thr cpode used to export the app is throwing an error that stops the code running for the flightpanels stuff.

If the problem only comes when the app is running my guess would be they are both trying to communicate back to DCS via the same method and maybe they are clashing there?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, after several attempts, I would like to understand something...

Is it possible, yes or no, to display the MFD screens ?

If yes, is there any special handling to do ?

All other elements work, even the MFD buttons after selecting right, left or center, but no display of radars or other on the MFD screens.

Thank you all in advance 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb F2C:

Is it possible, yes or no, to display the MFD screens ?

It's not possible to display the content of the MFD. Only the buttons are displayed on your smartphone. The buttons are functional. So a button click on you smartphone will trigger the action in DCS.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Arakahn said:

Since the last update I get a tremendous lag with the data display on the F18 UFC (5-10 seconds easily), where before the update the data displayed would be synced in less than a second 😞

I played yesterday and did not encounter this issue with MFDs nor UFC/IFEI and etc. Try reinstalling?

16 hours ago, Arikaj said:

I played yesterday and did not encounter this issue with MFDs nor UFC/IFEI and etc. Try reinstalling?

Well that seems really excessive... I think the easier and more obvious solution is, just stop flying the 18. 😅

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the DCS UFC app, primarily for the F18. It works really well, except there is a problem with the menu music.

When I have the pw-script installed, there is no menu music. All other audio, including for button presses work well. It does not matter if the configurator is running or not. Also removing the DCS menu option in the configurator, does not make a difference. Also it does not seem to matter if the Android app is running or not.

I checked that the "Music" option in the audio settings in DCS are turned on, both with the script installed and when not installed.

So - if the script is installed no menu music; as soon as I uninstall the script the music is back.

Is that a bug in the script or do I need to do something to keep the DCS menu music?

Instead of using the automatic scrip installer, I just installed the script manually.

There is 1 file - pw_dcs_util-hook.lua - if I delete that file, the DCS main menu music plays and the Android app still connects.

This lua file seems to call the DCSUtil.exe file. What does this file do? What do I miss if I delete it?

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 3:05 AM, CM2024 said:
Instead of using the automatic scrip installer, I just installed the script manually.
There is 1 file - pw_dcs_util-hook.lua - if I delete that file, the DCS main menu music plays and the Android app still connects.
This lua file seems to call the DCSUtil.exe file. What does this file do? What do I miss if I delete it?

The application is used to operate the F1-F12 buttons (communication menu in DCS) in the DCS Nav application. For normal panel operation in DCS UFC, it is not required

Edited by pet333r
  • Like 1