[Old] FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon - Guided Discussion

DashTrueGrit

+1 from me. A rough date would be interesting for now - That it won't be held is quite certain because of the complexity (technical, organisational and also probably on the limited data available) so I could live with it, if it takes longer.

Is there like an eBay equivalent where you can see the listings? :huh::D Asking for a friend

Bit pricey! Ask the Austrian Air Force..

Italians offered in a few Balkan programmes, Spain is dangling some for the Colombians. But it is overkill for these sort of forces, and the running costs are far too high.

Well for one The German Eurofighters lack the IRST.

There are also differences in regards to weapons etc.

I must admit i dont know that much about German Air force, but here is a picture of a german typhoon with PIRATE/IRST alike device (and KEPD-350) this might be "a hope too far" though.:music_whistling:

Taurus-KEPD-350.thumb.jpg.c41fc457504e25b22ea986cf08191188.jpg

...(hence the "also"). A Website in the works which I will also post here once it is ready. The main way of communication will of course be this platform here.

Beautiful and thanks for the answer. Sorry about missing the "also" in the excitement over your post :).

Houba! Hop!

I must admit i dont know that much about German Air force, but here is a picture of a german typhoon with PIRATE/IRST alike device (and KEPD-350) this might be "a hope too far" though.:music_whistling:

This is test aicraft IPA7. Aie Data Gatherimg trials with the TAURUS were performed in 2014, mainly in support for Storm Shadow integration, but the opportunity was ofcourse used to gatjer some TAURUS specific data.

TAURUS isn't integrated on the aircraft right now and is not even on contract to be integrated. I'm sure once the Eurofighter starts to replace the Tornado in Luftwaffe service Taurus will get integrated.

You will certainly find other pics of the TAURUS being fitted to a Luftwaffe EF on ground (think it was GS20/30+32) but that was only for a Static display. You can be sure if the weapon is integrated there will be some formal announcement related to it.

You may also see pictures from one German T1 twinseat GT15 (30+42) in-service aircraft fitted with PIRATE. The aircraft had been equipped with a sensor loaned by industry in support of the Swiss flight twst evaluation in Nov/Dec 2008 and was afterwards flown on the aircraft until ~2010. Gernerally the Luftwaffe doesn't use PIRATE operationally. All images of Gwrman EF that show serials beginning with 98+ are plain test aircraft and not operational aircraft used by the Luftwaffe's operational wings.

Just to clarify Luftwaffe were already using IRST ( missile) by the time of Tranche 1 block 5? Since the Uk version already had thier own contemporary : Aim132's by then.

Early German Eurofighters still used the Sidewiner. I'm not sure when exactly IRIS-T was integrated. I think it happened somewhere between 2005 and 2010.

Nowadays even the Tornado is equipped with IRIS-T and the Sidewinder is vanishing from GAF inventories.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The EFA tranches have a program, here normally the first module have like a DA or IPA, flight with weapons limitations, (only dump bombs and few radar modes) then it increases the capabilities like other modules.

Therefore, this follows the same progress like a tranches program

Edited by Pyro_

Thanks again VirusAM, you are making my job almost needless :D

You are right. At this stage we can't make any statement regarding the Tranche or capabilities of our Eurofighter Typhoon. However I can assure you that you won't be disappointed with our version. As soon as we can make a committed statement you will read it here.

Thanks guys,

Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Early German Eurofighters still used the Sidewiner. I'm not sure when exactly IRIS-T was integrated. I think it happened somewhere between 2005 and 2010.

Nowadays even the Tornado is equipped with IRIS-T and the Sidewinder is vanishing from GAF inventories.

If i recall correctly the Luftwaffe took delivery of the first IRIS-T missiles in 2005. IRIS-T was integrated with SRP2 (Block 2 aircraft). The first Block 2 example was GS2 (30+07) formally handed over to the Luftwaffe on 14th February 2005. The AIM-9L was still being flown, especially on QRA, for many more years though. Bear in mind that each missile has a limited lifing when carried on aircraft. So consuming the life, especially of operational rounds is a logistic aspect to be considered. It's thus sensible to use up the useful life of the older missiles, preserving life on newer missiles.

Good afternoon Dash I hope you are well,

I have a question regarding Liveries

I appreciate that at first you will be modeling a German Air Firce Typhoon

But with the initial release will British, Spanish, Italian and German Austrian Liveries be included?

If not will a paintkit be available for us skin makers?

Best regards

But with the initial release will British, Spanish, Italian and German Austrian Liveries be included?

Best regards

I'd like to know too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Best regards

Hi Miasma,

you are right. The first release will be the German version, with a German livery. Other nationalities and liveries will follow!

A paint kit is in discussion and definitely not out of the question so you guys can get creative.

Cheers,

Dash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If i recall correctly the Luftwaffe took delivery of the first IRIS-T missiles in 2005. IRIS-T was integrated with SRP2 (Block 2 aircraft). The first Block 2 example was GS2 (30+07) formally handed over to the Luftwaffe on 14th February 2005. The AIM-9L was still being flown, especially on QRA, for many more years though. Bear in mind that each missile has a limited lifing when carried on aircraft. So consuming the life, especially of operational rounds is a logistic aspect to be considered. It's thus sensible to use up the useful life of the older missiles, preserving life on newer missiles.

thats reassuring to know, So even if we got a pre block 5 a2a version only it should still beexpected to have IRIS-T.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

hey TrueGrit

can you slew the radar scan zone left or right when you scan in a more narrow cone in the typhoon?

I ask that because in the f-18 you can`t do that its allway fixed to the middle,

which is very anoying.

You can do that in the hornet too, in TWS it will automatically slew with the TDC, in LTWS and RWS you can "lock" empty space where you want the center to be and the radar will slew around that with the selected azimuth.

Hi TrueGrit, the Newsletter stated:

...Their team size stands at 15 today but they are always on the lookout for experienced coders to continue to grow...

I would be interested to know how your team is composed. From that 15 people, how many coders(FM,avionics,weapons?), artists...are working on the EF-2000?

Thank you in advance :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

FAQ Eurofighter Typhoon

Thanks again VirusAM, you are making my job almost needless :D

You are right. At this stage we can't make any statement regarding the Tranche or capabilities of our Eurofighter Typhoon. However I can assure you that you won't be disappointed with our version. As soon as we can make a committed statement you will read it here.

Thanks guys,

Dash

Guys you are making me happy like a little child...you are making my dream aircraft in the most advanced commercial combat flight simulator on the market. Also it will be the first aircraft that my country’s airforce own that will be properly simulated in DCs.

I dreamed of it when i was a little teenager, I remember going at my first airshow in Pratica di Mare where the first prototype exhibited...

All this just to say that if you wish I can work

for you....absolutely for free

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Does the Eurofighter have thrust vectored nossles if yes will it be moddled?

Well, no, and no. Sorry ;)

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]