Business Model Sugestion  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Business Model Sugestion

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Yes! But See Comment
    • No! But See Comment

Hello,

I believe that we should decide for the game and support that with money to push it forward, and here's how:

So, I suggest to have a Universal Voting Mechanism for what features we want to see in the game-engine (game in general) and what Modules of Aircraft we want in the game...etc!

There are so many ways about it I'll share what I have in mind, and I'm also interested to see whether you like it or whether you have better alternative.

Game Features Voting Page: should have a dedicated Section on the Forums that the Community can go to Vote and see what's being voted for and again top 1 should be the most voted for therefore should be the most wanted thing in the game hence should be worked on first next come top 2 and so on, and the Votes should be updated always so it allows ED's and the Community to see what's next on the list that can be changed be votes. And that should make us way happier to know that all the focus of the development team is where we want it to be as a supportive community... And should give ED better understanding of what the Community is asking.

DCS Modules Voting Page: Should have a dedicated section too as the above but here in this one if people are real about what they are wishing for they should have an option to prepay for that thing... And the mechanism for it should be the following:

Round One:

1- Community vote for an Aircraft, I expect that to be with Voting Tickets (VT).

2- ED should study the vote whether it can happen or not.

3- Only if it can happen, the voted Aircraft should make it to a list.

Round Two:

1- The voted Crafts from Round One make it to a list of the most voted, and again top 1 should be expected to be developed first.

2- Community whom are very excited about it have an option to prepay for it. Prepayers should be grant a discount on the final product if the prepaid amount is less than that of the price.

Voting for anything should push it to the top of the list and that should move the focus of ED to it to finish it first and obviously bring it the ED's attention. And to vote ED can decide on how to give Voting tickets that are used to vote! so e.g. let's say if you buy something from ED that cost 60$ you get 6 Voting tickets (VT) or 2 or whatever ED's sees best that allows you to use them to vote for what you want to!

DCS Tool Box: Is a paid option that ED offer in the game shop or on steam or other platforms were ED detail/explain to the community that by paying for this you allow us to work on a list of things (explained by ED) that are out of the Voting system and so on. E.g. Dx12 support or stand alone support for VR...etc. Buying DCS Tool Box is an extra option for the community to decide and contribute.

NOTE: ALL I HAVE MENTIONED HERE IS TO HELP ED AND HELP US, SO I EXPECT IF THIS HAPPEN, ED SHOULD BE MORE TRANSPARENT AND HONEST, AND THIS IS IN NO WAY TO HELP ED GET MORE MONEY AT THE CURRENT LEVEL OF ISSUES KNOWN BY THE COMMUNITY.

Everything here is subject for your inputs.

That what I have in mind, please feel free to share your though on it.

Are you a shareholder?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

you missed the 33 page thread of this or just want to post ur magic idea b/c ? when developing the f18 wags had posted a vote what should we work on, so they do listen, having a business model seems kinda outlandish.

Edited by will-

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

This is the self-funded give-me-only-what-we-want kinda open-source and crowd-funding kinda hybrid model, the biggest and closest attempt at this I think was tried with Star Citizen, it didn't work out so perfectly, the developers just had their own ideas over the pledgers and as time and development progressed the original idea had morphed significantly, I believe, even tho most of the communy just kept adapting.

I was never against it really, I didn't really think anything, I was just spectating it normally, I never pledged and was never interested in this classic dude-bro humans-in-da-future kind of game, it's not really how it has to be, it's just one particular culture that thinks like that is the future (the architecture, the transporation, AI) ... then I've read all the lawsuits and read most of the new stories, Roberts Space Industries seems shady IMO. There's been much controversy around it but the main guy there (Robert) has this kind of a culture there that he is considered as a god-like father figure similar to Elon Musk with many fanboys that can never question his ultimate wisdom. The biggest shady thing is predatory and dirty changes of the agreement to avoid refunds and using all kinds of lega loopholes to get away with it, even tho the other party never agreed to a newer version of the agreement.

Not saying it couldn't work ... but it wouldn't work here, without pretty much destroying the team. It could only work if you make a new company and start with some completely new game from scratch and do it from the beginning, with developers being emotionally isolated from any of the contact, or the final goal they're working for at all, everything would be subcontract work, piece by piece, no creative input, model, texture, code, there wouldn't be any team behind it as they perhaps wouldn't know each other unless there's multiple people producing one of the materials/components/models, they would have to fix and do everything exactly according to specification no questions asked, all a custom order, that's probably what you would need to do to get exactly "what you want" ... in general custom orders, if a company even offers it, usually come at a premium price, so this model is all about money and premium money.

Infact this is how open-source kinda works even now, but with a big difference, it's driven by personal motivation and effort, devotion, emotional meaning, whereas this proposed model would be driven solely by finance (as it's a kind of a"custom order"), but there's one thing left, people that would do this kind of emotionless job, the reason why it's not popular is probably this, but then again I could be wrong, perhaps it's just tradition, perhaps the idea isn't popularized, this traditional model is certainly more human and we're still human not robot, right?

This place has a lot of emotional and personal factors so it just won't happen here, at least that's what I've read, the legacy around is built from real passion to fly.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

This is the self-funded give-me-only-what-we-want kinda open-source and crowd-funding kinda hybrid model, the biggest and closest attempt at this I think was tried with Star Citizen, it didn't work out so perfectly, the developers just had their own ideas over the pledgers and as time and development progressed the original idea had morphed significantly, I believe, even tho most of the communy just kept adapting.

I was never against it really, I didn't really think anything, I was just spectating it normally, I never pledged and was never interested in this classic dude-bro humans-in-da-future kind of game, it's not really how it has to be, it's just one particular culture that thinks like that is the future (the architecture, the transporation, AI) ... then I've read all the lawsuits and read most of the new stories, Roberts Space Industries seems shady IMO. There's been much controversy around it but the main guy there (Robert) has this kind of a culture there that he is considered as a god-like father figure similar to Elon Musk with many fanboys that can never question his ultimate wisdom. The biggest shady thing is predatory and dirty changes of the agreement to avoid refunds and using all kinds of lega loopholes to get away with it, even tho the other party never agreed to a newer version of the agreement.

Not saying it couldn't work ... but it wouldn't work here, without pretty much destroying the team. It could only work if you make a new company and start with some completely new game from scratch and do it from the beginning, with developers being emotionally isolated from any of the contact, or the final goal they're working for at all, everything would be subcontract work, piece by piece, no creative input, model, texture, code, there wouldn't be any team behind it as they perhaps wouldn't know each other unless there's multiple people producing one of the materials/components/models, they would have to fix and do everything exactly according to specification no questions asked, all a custom order, that's probably what you would need to do to get exactly "what you want" ... in general custom orders, if a company even offers it, usually come at a premium price, so this model is all about money and premium money.

Infact this is how open-source kinda works even now, but with a big difference, it's driven by personal motivation and effort, devotion, emotional meaning, whereas this proposed model would be driven solely by finance (as it's a kind of a"custom order"), but there's one thing left, people that would do this kind of emotionless job, the reason why it's not popular is probably this, but then again I could be wrong, perhaps it's just tradition, perhaps the idea isn't popularized, this traditional model is certainly more human and we're still human not robot, right?

This place has a lot of emotional and personal factors so it just won't happen here, at least that's what I've read, the legacy around is built from real passion to fly.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I believe that the world is changing fast and rapidly now and old mentalities don't fit anymore or not for the long term. DCS is so good for it's study level air crafts and in this it's the one and only military game/sim (Aerial!!!). On the terms of ground breaking developments I just don't see it there. and ED seems to have found that the only way to make money is just by more and more air crafts to sell... but the most cool aircraft is already here or in development! So, after that what ED is left with is to work on very similar air crafts to what we already have and it will be boring thus very low demand! My attempt here is to help shift the focus and money income from only selling modules to selling features. Because as I said the best (only) feature in DCS now is high fidelity air crafts, but the game could be way more than that! Combined Arms if made well and shown more love some what like steel beasts style (On high fidelity Tanks) will bring a lot of fans to it.

DCS is Digital Combat Sim. that mean Land, Sea and Air... where DCS is at now is DAC (Digital Aerial Sim.) And I don't feel or see this going on forever!

FS 2020 was very scary and close miss, if they would have implemented military stuff it would have been very stressful if not game over for DCS. Obviously the year 2020 is very critical year not only for DCS but for so many entertainment business out there, And we are seeing unions and countries being over thrown!

I have been here flying in the game before it was DCS, and would like to see it becoming way better, in short and I won't give examples here about 15 years not a lot have been made in what's now call DCS, but more stuff to fly... Were other companies have taken over a huge amount of the simming market.

It's time to wake up and fast. I really hope to see DCS something like ARMA but on way higher fidelity level for Land and Sea and Air...

But what do I know maybe I'm mistaking.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I believe that the world is changing fast and rapidly now and old mentalities don't fit anymore or not for the long term. DCS is so good for it's study level air crafts and in this it's the one and only military game/sim (Aerial!!!). On the terms of ground breaking developments I just don't see it there. and ED seems to have found that the only way to make money is just by more and more air crafts to sell... but the most cool aircraft is already here or in development! So, after that what ED is left with is to work on very similar air crafts to what we already have and it will be boring thus very low demand! My attempt here is to help shift the focus and money income from only selling modules to selling features. Because as I said the best (only) feature in DCS now is high fidelity air crafts, but the game could be way more than that! Combined Arms if made well and shown more love some what like steel beasts style (On high fidelity Tanks) will bring a lot of fans to it.

Wow you just don’t make any sense at all. :huh:

And “aircraft” is one word, not “air crafts” :doh:

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
FS 2020 was very scary and close miss, if they would have implemented military stuff

They can't. It would require completely different technologies.

If you data set is render-only, you can accomplish this using satellite imagery, with some AI-processing for eye-candy.

For military stuff you need modifiable environment and a well-structured data set for the game logic to work.

One can only imagine an amount of work to get and support such data set on the Earth's scale.

Btw, Bing has quite a lot of structured data like roads, parks, lakes, buildings... We'll see to which extent they actually use it in FS 2020.

Having a map of roads + satellite images and having a believable realtime rendering of these roads embedded into a terrain are two different things.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Combined Arms if made well and shown more love some what like steel beasts style (On high fidelity Tanks) will bring a lot of fans to it.

Build "Hardcore" tanks has not only build funny cockpits without funtionality. That require implemente systems and weapons, and can be "security" problems intent making something realistic. Remember some years ago Wags talk about a M1A2 "proff of Concept" and nothing more was talked about them.

That require first implement on DCS core first some funtionalities as making cockpit on vehicles, track and well suspension phisic, armour implement, effects and more. Not a easy task and not build by "open sources".

DCS is Digital Combat Sim. that mean Land, Sea and Air... where DCS is at now is DAC (Digital Aerial Sim.) And I don't feel or see this going on forever!

Supercarrier module is coming, and expected that can "open" to 3rd parties build Ship modules with cockpit and systems, meanwhile ED need implement some point on sea environment first, as the ground envirotment.

Hello,

I believe that we should decide for the game and support that with money to push it forward, and here's how:

So, I suggest to have a Universal Voting Mechanism for what features we want to see in the game-engine (game in general) and what Modules of Aircraft we want in the game...etc!

There are so many ways about it I'll share what I have in mind, and I'm also interested to see whether you like it or whether you have better alternative.

Game Features Voting Page: should have a dedicated Section on the Forums that the Community can go to Vote and see what's being voted for and again top 1 should be the most voted for therefore should be the most wanted thing in the game hence should be worked on first next come top 2 and so on, and the Votes should be updated always so it allows ED's and the Community to see what's next on the list that can be changed be votes. And that should make us way happier to know that all the focus of the development team is where we want it to be as a supportive community... And should give ED better understanding of what the Community is asking.

DCS Modules Voting Page: Should have a dedicated section too as the above but here in this one if people are real about what they are wishing for they should have an option to prepay for that thing... And the mechanism for it should be the following:

Round One:

1- Community vote for an Aircraft, I expect that to be with Voting Tickets (VT).

2- ED should study the vote whether it can happen or not.

3- Only if it can happen, the voted Aircraft should make it to a list.

Round Two:

1- The voted Crafts from Round One make it to a list of the most voted, and again top 1 should be expected to be developed first.

2- Community whom are very excited about it have an option to prepay for it. Prepayers should be grant a discount on the final product if the prepaid amount is less than that of the price.

Voting for anything should push it to the top of the list and that should move the focus of ED to it to finish it first and obviously bring it the ED's attention. And to vote ED can decide on how to give Voting tickets that are used to vote! so e.g. let's say if you buy something from ED that cost 60$ you get 6 Voting tickets (VT) or 2 or whatever ED's sees best that allows you to use them to vote for what you want to!

DCS Tool Box: Is a paid option that ED offer in the game shop or on steam or other platforms were ED detail/explain to the community that by paying for this you allow us to work on a list of things (explained by ED) that are out of the Voting system and so on. E.g. Dx12 support or stand alone support for VR...etc. Buying DCS Tool Box is an extra option for the community to decide and contribute.

NOTE: ALL I HAVE MENTIONED HERE IS TO HELP ED AND HELP US, SO I EXPECT IF THIS HAPPEN, ED SHOULD BE MORE TRANSPARENT AND HONEST, AND THIS IS IN NO WAY TO HELP ED GET MORE MONEY AT THE CURRENT LEVEL OF ISSUES KNOWN BY THE COMMUNITY.

Everything here is subject for your inputs.

That what I have in mind, please feel free to share your though on it.

FS 2020 was very scary and close miss, if they would have implemented military stuff it would have been very stressful if not game over for DCS. Obviously the year 2020 is very critical year not only for DCS but for so many entertainment business out there, And we are seeing unions and countries being over thrown!

I have been here flying in the game before it was DCS, and would like to see it becoming way better, in short and I won't give examples here about 15 years not a lot have been made in what's now call DCS, but more stuff to fly... Were other companies have taken over a huge amount of the simming market.

It's time to wake up and fast. I really hope to see DCS something like ARMA but on way higher fidelity level for Land and Sea and Air...

But what do I know maybe I'm mistaking.

DCS more than most games needs to have a development process that is driven by our devs for both legal and commercial reasons. If devs want consumer input on which model people want they can simply run polls like you have for this page, they do not need to be co-opted by the DCS community.

ED know their sim-foo. One reason for their success is that they've avoided the trap of trying to make DCS all things to all people. This is a flight sim. All paid content is aircraft or assets that directly relate to aircraft, and DCS World is designed to maximize the flight sim experience. People who are looking for different experiences are generally better off playing games tailored to those.

It is important that ED retain their right to steer this game in the direction they see fit. There are many problems with the idea of community voting for modules and features, and the biggest one might be that it completely disregards how attractive new content will be to new or casual customers.

The Arma series appears to be much closer to your gaming and philosophical desires. Rather than hoping DCS turns into something it's not, your time might be better used campaigning for Arma 4 sooner rather than later.

Edited by Horns
Politeness and removed repetition

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)