Afghanistand and Irak maps

enzel_87

Hello everyone. Now that the supercarrier module has been launched, I can't think of anything better than two types of incredible scenarios to recreate the missions carried out by the United States in the Afghanistan and Iraq scenarios. It would be great to have both maps or at least one of them. We also know that in the near future, the F14A, F4 pahntom, Hind and Mig23 will be released. All these aircraft, added to the two scenarios of Afghanistan and Iraq, would give hundreds of possibilities to carry out realistic missions. It occurs to me, that both maps could be a continuation of the current Persian Gulf map.:bounce:

CPU: I7 7820X

RAM: 32GB 4133Mhz

GPU: GTX 1080 TI

Water Cooling: Custom EKWB <3

Absolutely never :lol:

Taking into account how long the development of the (actually quite tiny) maps took - just interpolate and you'll see we'd talk about decades.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

• 9 months later...

Afghanistan map, would be the better option than Iraq. Iraq is more or less the same as persian gulf. Afghanistan offers more than PG, Syria and Caucasus.
Afghanistan is more like a cross between Caucasus and the Persian Gulf. I wish they work on Afghanistan.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 1:28 PM, Tnt Snipes said:

Afghanistan map, would be the better option than Iraq. Iraq is more or less the same as persian gulf. Afghanistan offers more than PG, Syria and Caucasus.
Afghanistan is more like a cross between Caucasus and the Persian Gulf. I wish they work on Afghanistan.

I think it's the opposite: in Afghanistan, we are talking about US/NATO engagement, there was not really any "war" (as most people understand a war). No tanks fighting each other, no naval combat, no air combat, no any threat to the coalition air force - AKA flying training missionsJust a small sporadic light infantry vs partisans indecisive skirmishes, practically impossible to recreate in aircraft simulator like DCS.

Contrary, in Iraq there were two all out wars, Iraq-Iran war in 1980s and Desert Storm 1991. Both with thousands of tanks, AFV, artillery, hundreds of thousands of military personnel engaged, aircrafts and helicopters destroying thousands of vehicles, naval combat, air combat and dogfighting with air kills, air defense combat, losses for both sides - something attractive and possible to recreate in DCS.

Especially we have nearly all assets for both sides and for both Iraq-Iran war and Desert Storm (except for F-4 Phantom, but today's trailer suggests it may be developed) F-5E, F-14A, Huey, Gazelle, MiG-21, MiG-23 WIP, MiG-29A, Su-25A, Mirage F.1 WIP, Mi-8, Mi-24, F-15C, A-10A, A-6E WIP, A-7E WIP etc.

This short A-10 pilot interview tells everything

Edited by bies
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

From todays video, it looks like Bagram will likely be the focal point of the map, likely as Far East as Jalalabad and maybe Peshawar.

I do hope it goes far enough south to include Kandahar. Whether you play out 80s scenarios or modern scenarios, Kandahar was pivotal in both conflicts. The corridor between Bagram and Kandahar for a couple hundred kilometres either side will make an excellent area for ops. If they want to go as far as the Hindu Kush though, this will make for a huge map.

It would be nice to see Helmand province included as well, but that may be too big…

Edited by Sandman1330
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

On 12/28/2021 at 1:54 AM, cordite said:

A2G is actually a thing. Not everyone wants to play air quake, or fly helis where it’s basically a turkey shoot.

It’s just so asymmetric though. Is orbiting a battlefield in an A10 dispensing ordinance while responding to no threats that interesting in DCS?

• Like 1

The ground AI needs more work. The infantry is OP, and a bigger threat than it should be.

But yes, to some people it is.

Would flying A10s and helis be that interesting if you had to worry about airborne threats, that you have little defence from? If it is, DCS and the MP community already have that covered in spades.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Afghanistan is more than sand….Bragram and to the east and North…. Tora Bora, Jbad, Kunar…..some interesting and treacherous terrain, much different from PG and all other maps. 

2. Part of the fun of DCS isn’t just what did happen but what could or could have. You could make your own scenario where there are plenty A-A threats. Realistically the Russian hind drivers had a hell of a time from Manpads. The A-10 video above is just one angle from one conflict.  

• Like 2

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

When I watched the DCS World 2022 and Beyond video, there were some coordinates that flashed very quickly.  The coordinates were for a location in Afghanistan.  I theorize that the Afghanistan and/or Pakistan map might appear.  It is possible it could appear at the end of January.  This is my theory, by the way.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, Mike Force Team said:

When I watched the DCS World 2022 and Beyond video, there were some coordinates that flashed very quickly.  The coordinates were for a location in Afghanistan.  I theorize that the Afghanistan and/or Pakistan map might appear.  It is possible it could appear at the end of January.  This is my theory, by the way.

It is nigh on impossible for a new map to appear out of nowhere in 2 weeks. They haven't even confirmed what the coordinates are in relation to. We'll hear and see a lot more of any new map well before it is released, likely being teased in future Wags videos.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 3 weeks later...

If ED would have put it in the video, I guess and would expect that they had started the work months ago.

I don’t think it would happen quickly but I am really looking forward this map ´cause I have a special relationship with this place and the coordinates grids mean a lot for me 😉

Edited by DN308
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I agree and I would love to see an Afghanistan map myself.

• Like 2

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 9 months later...