How far along is this module ?

Look on the product page. Short answer is - it's not very far along, 80% of stuff is missing and development is going to be slow due to the focus on the Hornet. If you only want to do air to air in a PvP environment the Viper is fairly decent and complete for that role, anything else I'd say you stay away from it.

Look on the product page. Short answer is - it's not very far along, 80% of stuff is missing and development is going to be slow due to the focus on the Hornet. If you only want to do air to air in a PvP environment the Viper is fairly decent and complete for that role, anything else I'd say you stay away from it.
This is far from true.

There is soo much to do with it. AB operations, flying aerobics and tactical formations, AAR, BFM, ACM, BVR. Proper unguided A2G delivery is complex and hard to master, only this can keep you occupied for a long time.

It is missing maveriks, jsow, harm and tgp is far from finished. But there is a tons of stuff to master before you reach harms and maveriks delivery.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for asking but i find it really hard to get an idea of what to expect right now.

Is there a comprehensive list of what is and what is not included yet ?

Just go to youtube and search DCS F-16. You will see hundreds of videos. From tutorials to reviews.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sounds pretty harsh to state that 80% is still missing..... That is definitely not true.

Ok, The viper isn't finnished yet but let's face it.. ED is working hard on development of missing functions. As long as I am not current on this fighter plane, there's much to explore for me and to familiarize with.

Not blaming anyone, but it is factual to say that about 75-80% is not completed (or not fully correct) unless "one" badly knows the F-16 and its systems. What is currently implemented are the minimums basic to fly, shoot guns/missile and drop a bomb. The road is long. Better not denying it otherwise disappointment will be even higher for F-16 lovers.

There is a reason why it is called a Beta.

Just wait patiently. Be active on reports. Still a huge amount of work to accomplish on this module. The most difficult tasks are probably (certainly) ahead. Normal that it takes time.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Just go to youtube and search DCS F-16. You will see hundreds of videos. From tutorials to reviews.

I obviously did that, but most videos are pretty old already and the information is incredibly scattered. I just can't seem to get a clear view of 'where we are at' .

I see them flying around in pvp servers all the time so i'm guessing air to air is do-able.

But some sort of trial or demo would be really helpful. Won't be buying right now .

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Not blaming anyone, but it is factual to say that about 75-80% is not completed (or not fully correct) unless "one" bably knows the F-16 and its systems. What is currently implemented are the minimums basic to fly, shoot guns/missile and drop a bomb. The road is long. Better not denying it otherwise disapoitment will be even higher for F-16 lovers.

There is a reason why it is called a Beta.

Just wait patiently. Be active on reports. Still a huge amount of work to acomplish on this module. The most difficult tasks are probably (certainly) ahread. Normal that it takes time.

Pretty much just that. I've had some Viper drivers tell me 95% of the DCS Viper is either completely wrong or missing. Not to say you can't have fun with it in DCS, do basic air to air or air to ground. But you can't even sustain 9G's given the current state of DCS g-load simulation....

If you compare with BMS you will know that its very true that 80% is still missing. Its already very nice to fly in VR even if it gets very frustrating to see no major changes after so many or so updates, as advertised. I'd say wait for the next sales cause it's definitely not worth £60+ right now.

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Sounds pretty harsh to state that 80% is still missing..... That is definitely not true.

Ok, The viper isn't finnished yet but let's face it.. ED is working hard on development of missing functions. As long as I am not current on this fighter plane, there's much to explore for me and to familiarize with.

Not sure what relevance how hard or not ED is working has with objectively how incomplete the Viper is at this point in time.

It's very far from being completed. This module needs at least one or two full years

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Sorry for asking but i find it really hard to get an idea of what to expect right now.

Is there a comprehensive list of what is and what is not included yet ?

It might get a bit more complete this week if we get AGM-65D that was originally planned for April.

Maybe.

It might get a bit more complete this week if we get AGM-65D that was originally planned for April.

Maybe.

I bet we're not getting anything this week or the next. Perhaps some new strobe lights and or placebos. They will call it a major update tho and the fanboys will cheer.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

I bet we're not getting anything this week or the next. Perhaps some new strobe lights and or placebos. They will call it a major update tho and the fanboys will cheer.

Not as cynical a statement as it seems - noting the last 'major' update for the Viper consisted of a sum total of 14 'additions', which seems extremely low for a module in EA and 'under development' (lowest of any' active' module by a long way)- and half of them were lighting/visual/a typo....

You know you are struggling when you need to pad your 'update' list with typo corrections. :megalol:

Just jks - no one here is actually expecting any real development or feature additions/completions for a year or so anyway, so no biggie.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BVR, yes.

BFM, definitely no.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

BVR, yes.

BFM, definitely no.

With the current G-model sadly yes. If you turn off the G-effects then you can really fly it properly all of a sudden. Probably more realistic doing so than keeping the current g-model on where your guy starts blacking out at sustained 8G's after like 2s.

How far along is this module ?

Ive had some fun but imo your money is better spent in a non early access product. Also you dont want to support this short term EA strategy by ED. If ED is not careful this will destroy the entire DCS franchise.

Compared to BMS the DCS viper module is indeed unfinished for 80%. Im not even talking about campaign or missions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Buddyspike69

Maybe.

Let's see how the Mavericks are implemented first. Depending on whether we get the TER with 2x (or god forbid 3x) Mavericks, there is usually some boresight adjusting involved before TGP/MAV handhoffs are precise etc.

All of this will not be in.

So put MAVs rudimentary in (I would be happy to have them nontheless) and I raise my 20-25% to 22-27%.

I kind of predict that for example, that doing this won't work when we get the MAVs:

- Have Mavericks on two pylons

- Select station 1. Lock MAV on target

- Use NWS button to switch to a second station with MAVs.

- Lock that MAV on a different target

- Fire the two MAVs in quick succession.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline