Micro Development Update

Cobra847

I agree. Like, it was "promised" or advertised from day one? I'm fine with the Forrestal kicking it off and being the first but I'd really wanna see the other 3 follow up shortly after. Having done some research the differences between all 4 ships in terms of te island geometry is very minimal so it should mostly be a reskin or simple change of numbers.

I hope that you are right with you thing.

A6 is needed so much. And the trailer for the AI looks so good. So much detail in this aircraft. If it's not coming out as an flyable module, just as AI for placing it on a carrier, it is wasted. There was so much detail. It really looks amazing.

Heatblur did an awesome job on it.

It's a crime to not release it as a module.

Man, put it into EA-pre-order sale for 100 bugs, I'll buy it any day, any weather, ANYTIME, BABY!

:wub:

Is there a source for that info?

The Saratoga is needed urgently

Dude everything is apparently "needed urgently". Right now trying to make sure the existing stuff works well enough that the playerbase doesn't bounce from DCS in the next ~30 days while ED cleans house is probably the more important driving focus. I haven't even looked at the DCS icon in about 2 weeks due to the issues, and I'm taking a break on skins because I can't motivate myself to work on something I'm not even using at this point. Not HB's fault that the code keeps bucking underneath them, but there are some immediate things to work on that are actually "needed urgently".

Hell, I'd say the Kennedy would be a "must have" addition but guess what, it's not happening. Big John was there all the way from the beginning (VF-14 and VF-32 on their 1974 cruise) to the end (Final Tomcat cruise with VF-103), and in-between (1989 Gulf of Sidra incident). But they are doing the Forrestal, so that's that.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I still hope the other 3 CV will appear at a later date. If not, the best would have been focusing on a unique CV like the USS John F. Kennedy CV 67 or the USS Enterprise CVN 65

I'm fine with the ones mentioned originally. Saratoga is needed for the B, the Independence can be used for legacy Hornets fairly well too.

I'm fine with the ones mentioned originally. Saratoga is needed for the B, the Independence can be used for legacy Hornets fairly well too.

But Big John was generally assigned to the Med, which means it is a historical carrier for both the Caucuses and Syria maps, plus she launched strikes during OIF/OEF. She's just as important for A and B model history and scenarios.

I know they're not going to change anything, they already have their hands full. But it would be nice if, perhaps along with the Intruder (if that becomes a reality), they threw CV-67 on in there.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Yes, Kitty hawk Class is also very important.

Hopefully the put all four of them as bonus to the Intruder like the four Forrestals to the Tomcat.

Then we just need the Enterprise ... as Bonus to the Prowler :music_whistling: :joystick: :pilotfly: :beer: :drunk: :wub: :santa: :worthy:

Let's see what the future brings ...

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

Uhmmmm interesting ideas indeed, many Carriers I see. Given the effort and the amount of work required,that s why a fully focused Naval Development Team is needed to start designing these kind of modules.

Not just carriers. There could be more surface combatants as well. The early Ticonderoga-class, Virginia, Belknap, and Leahy CGs, Spruance and Farragut-class destroyers, and Knox-class frigates. And that's just US Navy classes with more than 4 ships built. Though I think for these the modding community could come together on them. Some of the community ship mods are awesome.

Pretty much every carrier from CV-59 to CVN-75 operated F-14s for at least one deployment. So we've got gaps in the Kitty Hawk class, Enterprise, John F. Kennedy, and the first two Nimitz-class ships. I doubt we're ever going to see any of them as part of a commercial module.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Will viggen receive the 100% English cockpit?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Will viggen receive the 100% English cockpit?

No. Why would it by default? It was never operated by anyone outside Sweden. Just learn some swedish vocabularies and you'll be fine. Know what the switch does and you don't need to "read and understand it".

No. Why would it by default? It was never operated by anyone outside Sweden. Just learn some swedish vocabularies and you'll be fine. Know what the switch does and you don't need to "read and understand it".

yeah, learn some Russian for mig-21, learn Chinese for j-11. our minds are already full of flight manuals

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

yeah, learn some Russian for mig-21, learn Chinese for j-11. our minds are already full of flight manuals

I actually speak 5 languages, russian included (no swedish however). You don't need to read the labels if you know what each switch/button does in each position. Do you expect a developer to unrealistically translate a swedish cockpit for you just because you are lazy and unable to learn a handful of phrases or words and remember procedures?

I actually speak 5 languages, russian included (no swedish however). You don't need to read the labels if you know what each switch/button does in each position. Do you expect a developer to unrealistically translate a swedish cockpit for you just because you are lazy and unable to learn a handful of phrases or words and remember procedures?

stop gatekeeping mate and let people enjoy the game how they like

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Then we just need the Enterprise ... as Bonus to the Prowler :music_whistling: :joystick: :pilotfly: :beer: :drunk: :wub: :santa: :worthy:

I'm mostly good with the Roosevelts and Forrestals. I'll pay for Enterprise either by itself or the module that comes with it.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Good for you for knowing 5 languages but this is not about being lazy. If we flew single module then it is ok. But many of us fly too many modules and some of them just for fun ride and for a few hours in a month maybe. So people don't want to bother. English cockpits are always welcomed. If you find it is not realistic, just don't use it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Good for you for knowing 5 languages but this is not about being lazy. If we flew single module then it is ok. But many of us fly too many modules and some of them just for fun ride and for a few hours in a month maybe. So people don't want to bother. English cockpits are always welcomed. If you find it is not realistic, just don't use it.

Then why should a developer waste valuable resources and effort on someone who barely flies their module?

Then why should a developer waste valuable resources and effort on someone who barely flies their module?

because that person has paid the same amount of money for the module anyone else did?

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

because that person has paid the same amount of money for the module anyone else did?

Correct. But he paid for what was advertised. I don't buy a car and then go to my car retailer and ask for a new interiour and leather because I don't like the one I bought. HB has so much on their plate still to deliver that an english Viggen cockpit should be at the very bottom of their list. I get that it could be an option if they had nothing else to do.

Too sell it? Some people don't buy when he doesn't understand the cockpit language. Developers don't do anything as charity

Youtube

Correct. But he paid for what was advertised. I don't buy a car and then go to my car retailer and ask for a new interiour and leather because I don't like the one I bought. HB has so much on their plate still to deliver that an english Viggen cockpit should be at the very bottom of their list. I get that it could be an option if they had nothing else to do.

uhm, what you said was "Then why should a developer waste valuable resources and effort on someone who barely flies their module?"

Now you're changing the scope to something entirely different.

Besides that - every paying customer has the right to request additional features. If it is an English cockpit, it is an English cockpit. Even a request for a pink unicorn sticker on the rudder pedals would be perfectly alright (although it probably has no real chance for making it into any release).

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

I hope that you are right with you thing.

A6 is needed so much. And the trailer for the AI looks so good. So much detail in this aircraft. If it's not coming out as an flyable module, just as AI for placing it on a carrier, it is wasted. There was so much detail. It really looks amazing.

Heatblur did an awesome job on it.

It's a crime to not release it as a module.

Man, put it into EA-pre-order sale for 100 bugs, I'll buy it any day, any weather, ANYTIME, BABY!

:wub:

Is there a source for that info?

The Saratoga is needed urgently

When it comes to the A-6 being playable I always remember this quote by HB themselves:

"The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...05#post3612905

Ofc things can change, nothing really is certain and who really knows what the future holds but imo I think HB will make an A-6 module if they put that much work into it already. Besides I think RAZBAM said "it seems like some other 3rd party dev is doing the Intruder" IIRC. It would be an instant buy by me cause the quality of their modules is beyond excellent.