ordiance for ground attack?

Kev2go

It seems P47 release is just around the corner.

I have not seen any of the youtubers that have gotten the preview build of the P47D showcasing ground attack aside from guns strafing.

So will the P47 have general purpose bombs and HVAR rockets included at its day 1 launch? or only after "early access" is complete ?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'm sure it'll feature all the appropriate ordnances in the end. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

And as said above, bombs were already shown in some vids.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

We have bombs, right now the AN-M30A1, AN-M57, AN-M64 and AN-M65

Rockets are coming, and I hope maybe a couple more bomb choices.

ITs nice to hear new bomb options like AN-M57, AN/M65 1000 pounders are coming in.

Although OT would ED consider slapping those onto the F86F sabre module since it could use those IRL?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yes.

Mechanics_of_the_333rd_FS_318rh_Fighter_Group_Force_Napalm_into_165_Gallon_Fuel_Tank_P-47.jpg

AP+bombs+P-47

You beat me to requesting the cluster bombs, darn it!

Some of those had a real... uhm... field expedient look to them! LOL

I would have been one nervous dude flying around with that strapped under my aircraft!

frag1-jpg.396023

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

You think we’ll get a cable that we can unreel that has an anchor at the end?

I think I read somewhere that (if memory serves me right) Robert S. Johnson wanted to be able to inflict more damage to the enemy on his way home.

He invented a spool of cable that he could release. On the end of it was a type of hook/anchor. His idea was he could drag the hook a few feet above the ground and it would snag and rip power lines and possibly communication lines out along the way.

He told his mechanic about his idea, and together they built the contraption.

When it came time to field test the thing, the hook snagged hard and apparently almost pulled him out of the air until it finally ripped loose from beneath the airplane.

I guess it just wasn’t very effective! Lol!