How much hard disk space does dcs syria map require?

huchanronaa

• ED Team

around 47gb at the moment, this will change as early access progresses.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Well... time to uninstall SC (unplayable at moment) and Nevada (nobody I known fly in this map) to save space.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Hehe and the stock answer to problems in the current release candidate is "have an older install to play module x/DLC Campaign y" when it was functional..."

At c250GB for a "typical" DCS install...that's not a realistic solution for most people...

And point is? Syria map is entering early access. Everybody knows that, it says so on the store page. So what does older DLCs got to do with that? OB is OB. It's implied in the name. You still hung about Warthog II?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

With the Ka-50, F-16C, UH-1H, Nevada, and Persian Gulf, my DCS Open Beta install is weighing in at 143 GB right now. Hey that's 53 GB lighter than the current Call of Duty Modern Warfare XD.
I don't mind a large map install, as I think it just means more details.

Holy s... Glad I've recently taken stock and cleaned out redundancies!

Cheers!

SSD drives have gotten really cheap, even the stick based ones. I literally have SSD drives taped to the inside of my case with Duct Tape they are so small and light.

I think I have like 4 1+ Terabyte drives now, DCS lives comfortably all on its own drive. :lol::lol:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

This

Same, I'm all for the greater detail also. Cannot wait until tomorrow, it's going to be great. :-)

I am with you on this!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

You still hung about Warthog II?

No issues with the Syria map (already purchased)

Will only be hung about A10C II if its release renders modules I have purchased historically, unplayable except by having a side by side install of an older version to play that content I have purchased

(As has already happened with Operation Piercing Fury)

The size of the SYria Map (and consequently the size of a typical DCS install) renders the reccomende d- have a 2.5.6 version alongside your release version a laughable solution!

Airbag_signatur.png

To prevent that, you could play the Campaigns when you purchase them, instead of waiting months or years to play them.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Will only be hung about A10C II if its release renders modules I have purchased historically, unplayable except by having a side by side install of an older version to play that content I have purchased

The size of the SYria Map (and consequently the size of a typical DCS install) renders the reccomende d- have a 2.5.6 version alongside your release version a laughable solution!

You keep saying that but ED has never said you need to keep a legacy version of DCS to keep flying the old A-10C, they have said they will maintain both version, but don't expect anything drastically to the old A-10C (like the last 5 years.....). Maybe wait for some official news first

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SSD drives have gotten really cheap, even the stick based ones. I literally have SSD drives taped to the inside of my case with Duct Tape they are so small and light.

I think I have like 4 1+ Terabyte drives now, DCS lives comfortably all on its own drive.

Yup, I see you!! I've got four OLD Samsung 512GB 840s in stripe set, which gives me 1,8TB or something. Seven years old, not one hickup!

Well, sorry then. Misunderstood you and I apologize!

Cheers!

To prevent that, you could play the Campaigns when you purchase them, instead of waiting months or years to play them.
Well, from other posts I know that didn't happened. Jason purchased and it stopped working before he could finish it. So he has a point.

Well, from other posts I know that didn't happened. Jason purchased and it stopped working before he could finish it. So he has a point.

OK, sorry to hear that .. I played OPF years ago and it's been out of the Store for at least 6 months now.

Seems that it can still be downloaded from here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280658

tough I don't know if it is actually playable or not with the latest DCS versions.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

OK, sorry to hear that .. I played OPF years ago and it's been out of the Store for at least 6 months now.

Seems that it can still be downloaded from here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280658

tough I don't know if it is actually playable or not with the latest DCS versions.

Yup! I think Jason was really unlucky. If I remember correctly Purchased, stopped working, if I remember other posts. Well, things happen, so I can put myself at his side of the table.

That said!!!!!

Syria map is gonna RUUUUULE!!!!

PS: Thank you Rudel for the content you provide to this community! Please keep it coming!

Why? Was there mention of a time limit on their functionality on the ED purchase page?

Would ED reccoment I DON'T purchase Baltic Dragon's Raven One campaign tomorrow...in case it is rendered non-functional by future base DCS updates?

What other "serious" (not kiddie) games render purchased DLC obselete over time? (It certainly doesn't happen with my CK2 or CMNAO content)

Airbag_signatur.png

Well, sorry then. Misunderstood you and I apologize!

Cheers!

Hehehe I know i'm a grouch...but ED could solve an awful lot of their customer base complaints if they bore in mind the old adage "first do no harm..." with their updates!

Airbag_signatur.png

but ED could solve an awful lot of their customer base complaints if they bore in mind the old adage "first do no harm..." with their updates!

give credit where credit is due, they are doing less harm with their updates and keeping stable more on parity with OB...

ill concede a single data point doesnt make a trend, we'll see tomorrow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE