DCS:BS Preview in SimHQ

Gas

I'm guessing this means were getting close?!

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

me too!!!

Man am I glad i decided to visit SimHq once more today. Thpigh I had a different agenda for checking out the website, I wasglad I came across the Black Shark article. I see I was a bit late in getting here to tell everyone about it. Very cool article, eh? ;) I hope my new system will put me ahead of the BS curve (whenever I get around to buying and building it). :)

Flyby out

btw, I was floored by the video. No fancy flying. Just hovering about. But it was FANTASTIC! I wonder what polygon count is being used in the model? Also, did you see the system specs? Impressive results.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

what's a word on their banner before a word FLIGHT?

using so many cyrillic letters in English words looks... well, quite ugly.

Chris "BeachAV8R", I hope you didn't design that banner :)

• Like 2

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

..using so many cyrillic letters in English words looks... well, quite ugly.

Sean Connery made us do it. :thumbup:

Glad people are enjoying the article. As I posted over at SimHQ, it is intended to be a "lite" article..not hugely in-depth for various reasons (mostly to keep the length of the article reasonable..I have a tend to go long-winded..). As the article states, the intent is to just show some basics. Just showing the hovering around shows the fidelity of the flight model. We'll be doing more articles about once a month or so touching on different aspects of the sim..again, sort of lite stuff that doesn't take ruin the experience for all of you once Black Shark is released.

I'm pretty jazzed about it though..it is fantastically fun to fly and it is going to be a handful to fly AND fight..

Regards..

BeachAV8R

Man that preview brings back the memories of the old Gems from the Janes series ( and Falcon 4 etc ), the hours of pressing and turning buttons and reading manuals to achieve the most simple tasks was never short of facinating, I can hardly wait.

Indeed. I finally sat down with the checklist the other night and went through the full start-up procedure..and man..it is so cool. Just hearing the APU spool up and doing all the avionics and systems checks and all of that is really immersive. It has been a long time since some of those old Janes sims..and with the advent (since then) of TrackIR, 3D cockpits, and the stunning graphics..well, this is a whole new ball of wax and it will blow your socks off.

I mean, the Su-25T was awesome..I fell in love with it - and Black Shark is an order of magnitude beyond that just for the sake of the clickable cockpit alone. I look forward to continuing with the series..

Regards...

BeachAV8R

what's a word on their banner before a word FLIGHT?

using so many cyrillic letters in English words looks... well, quite ugly.

:)

I've seen English written in Sanskrit and it looked really nice, so I'm thinking a good artist can make it work using Cyrillic.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Smooth operator... How long did it take you to master hovering and landing? And, the objects on the ground, can you bump into them, nudge them, push them aside, etc?

:D I can't tell you how many times I've pedal turned into a vehicle or lightpole and knocked pieces off my tail. And by no means have I mastered hovering or landing.. :D There are things like autopilot (for hovering and other modes) that I'll get to in coming articles, and I now there is a position keeping box that can display in the HUD to help you maintain your hover position (as seen in Matt Wagner's excellent 3rd Producers Notes video). There is still much, much more to learn and share...

:joystick:

Regards..

BeachAV8R

Wow nice preview BeachAV8R I have a few questions about the FM how does the KA50 compare to FSXs helicopters? How does the KA50 handle hovering or landing on tall buildings ? I find with FSX there is a tendency for the helicopter to slip off if you approach too low its certainly interesting to see a comparison.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Now I have a wet pantie....:D

Evereytime nice to hear, that it's not easy to fly:)

And the Graphic is awesome too.

RELEASE THIS!!! I can live with bugs:P I just want to :joystick: Now I am playing EECH(LB won't running) till BS is coming, just for the waiting time(which is getting harder, every Article, Screenshot and Video, that is coming)

I am Falcon4 AF&OF Pilot. But I don't want to fly F-16(or any other fixed-wing) anymore...I want to fly this Kamov and later the AH64 in MP....NOW!!!:helpsmilie:

Indeed. I finally sat down with the checklist the other night and went through the full start-up procedure..and man..it is so cool. Just hearing the APU spool up and doing all the avionics and systems checks and all of that is really immersive. It has been a long time since some of those old Janes sims..and with the advent (since then) of TrackIR, 3D cockpits, and the stunning graphics..well, this is a whole new ball of wax and it will blow your socks off.

I mean, the Su-25T was awesome..I fell in love with it - and Black Shark is an order of magnitude beyond that just for the sake of the clickable cockpit alone. I look forward to continuing with the series..

Regards...

BeachAV8R

I too fell in love with the 25T, especially the FM fidellity and damage model, it just needed to go that extra step with the avionics to really grip you by the balls, seems BS will take that step :thumbup:

Its been a long while since I flew Janes Longbow II , but I seem to remember a reasonable FM with that, certainly more believable than anything I tried in recent years, apart from maybe the Merlin in FSX acceleration, I wont ask how it compares with the Merlin because I think even that is utter garbage compared with my expectations of BS.

More and more people become attentive by the articles from SIMHQ about BS.:thumbup:

I hope there will be enough copies available when this comes out.:)

Did I say that I will go to the the LLTM event tomorrow for testing BS?:cheer3nc::D

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Marvelous oustanding wonderfull product will soon see daylight. I just can't wait anymore. Im speechless!

EagleEye! I envy! Lucky You!

[EDIT] One more question. What is on Ka50 fuselage and cockpit wind shield seen on last screenshot on simhq's preview? It looks like a bug.

• Like 1

More and more people become attentive by the articles from SIMHQ about BS.:thumbup:

I hope there will be enough copies available when this comes out.:)

Did I say that I will go to the the LLTM event tomorrow for testing BS?:cheer3nc::D

Damn!

I really wish I could be there, too! :mad:

Please take loads of pictures and videos, EagleEye!

Janes Longbow was the first simulation that really was the ONLY game I played for a long time and I really much enjoyed the multiplayer-part. That's why I am so much looking forward to BS and the Apache-Sim.

Though my sims are IL2 and LockOn, now, I still feel uncomfortable above treetop-height. :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD