[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

1-Muzzle flash is much bigger.In simulation is small and too cartoonish.We can see this effect on Su-7 photos (the same cannons,the same position in root of wings)

2-Smoke marks after cannon firing on fuselage skin around cannon barrel(after 30 shots)After 3-4 trainig flights (90-120 shots) the plane was really dirty.

3-Vibration in cockpit during firing.According to the pilots,it was similar to driving on cobblestones.

Each cannon has 6 tons of recoil force.The standart firing duration was 1-1,5 sec(15-20 shots)

Unreadable needles(values).

4-Sounds-outer is very good,maybe a little deeper(like big drum)

inner-needs to be amplified at least two time.I have personal experience from cannons and gunsight harmonization on Su-7 A/C by live fire.It was realy,realy loud.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful of these old photos, results can show more sensitive brightness in low light conditions.

Muzzle flash in military equipment should be minimal, big flashes is for hollywood crap.

This old classic shows day/night difference:

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Just Purchased the Mig 19 ,

It doesn't appear in DCS stable version

It does appear in Open Beta

The Web shows one only needs the

Stable Version to install the plane

What gives :huh:

Intel i7-8086 @ 4.0 GHZ 32 GB RAM GTX 1080ti (x2)

The web is wrong. It hasn't been released for stable yet.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It should appear on Stable on April 3rd, as reported here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3852861&postcount=188

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

- In this mission the instructor doesn't give you the frequency where the bomber will be, like the previous training mission of radar. (the freqs are visible in the kneeboard like the previous mission)

- Looks like at the beginning of the mission, it not reset the gear and flaps parameters of the previous training mission; if you left the flaps extended in the previous mission, the flap light will start ON in this one, even if the flaps are retracted. When you takeoff, the gears and flaps will not retract. You have to quit to the main menu and select TRAINING again to solve this problem

Edited by JunMcKill

When deployed, the airbrake creates a shaking effect on the cockpit and a sound effect of the air rushing against it.

When in flight, it's working as it should. However, if we are on ground, we deploy the airbrakes and we are not moving at all, we still hear the sound effect and feel the cockpit shaking.

I believe a condition based on a relationship with airspeed should be added to trigger these effects.

I can confirm only seeing white light from the right lamp, with the left doing nothing at all. Not sure if it was intended or not that the lighting updates mentioned in the Mig-19 update post be included in this last release, but if so, I think this is certainly a bug.

Howdy, i just took a quick cursory browse through this section and saw that the radio antenna that you can see looking pcer your right shoulder appears to lack textures. Its dull grey while the rest of the machine is all shiny metal.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Howdy, i just took a quick cursory browse through this section and saw that the radio antenna that you can see looking pcer your right shoulder appears to lack textures. Its dull grey while the rest of the machine is all shiny metal.

Agreed.....and yet this has been moved to the ' Resolved Bug' section,when,again,just like the 'Red star' bug,it hasn't been resolved.

My original post on release day https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233576

The ' Resolved Bug ' section has become a bit of a joke,whilst I know you guys are doing your best at fixing the multitude of faults/bugs on the MiG-19P,moving these bugs to this section is hazardous,as they are likely to be forgotten.

There are quite a few bugs in that section that have been moved there,but have clearly still not been fixed.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Hi guys,

In the Razbam Flight Manual, there is a paragraph that says:

When checking engine RPM acceleration or in flight, the engine throttles should be shifted within 1.5 to 2 seconds through its path. Otherwise, the engine may surge and shut down.

I have never been able to induce an engine surge, flameout or compressor stall (neither a partial or a complete one) by doing rapid or erratic throttle movements. The MiG-19's engines were notoriously maintenance-heavy and engines of this generation were prone to surges during rapid throttle movements or continuous high-AoA manoeuvers. The DCS Sabre and MiG-15 have such surge and compressor stall dynamic failures implemented...

That only happen when you have some damage in the fuel control system making you to enable the manual fuel control or something like that, the toggle switch with yellow and black stripes behind the throttle.

I don't think it had anything to do with the manual fuel control mode fuel valve damage.

A compressor stall is a local disruption of the airflow in the compressor of a gas turbine. A stall that results in the complete disruption of the airflow through the compressor (such disruptions can be caused by rapid changes in airflow or throttle) is referred to as a compressor surge. The severity of the phenomenon ranges from a momentary power drop barely registered by the engine instruments to a complete loss of compression in case of a surge, requiring adjustments in the fuel flow to recover normal operation. Early fuel control units were mostly mechanical valves that were limited by both the slow response time of the engine and the possibility of the pilot opening or closing the fuel control valves too quickly with the throttle. The engine just chokes on air.

Compressor stall was a common problem on early jet engines with "simple" aerodynamics and manual or mechanical fuel control units (like the one installed on the RD9), but that problem has been virtually eliminated by better design and the use of hydromechanical and electronic control systems such as Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC). Modern compressors are carefully designed and controlled to avoid or limit stall within an engine's operating range.