Heatblur F-4 Phantom

RED

5 hours ago, F-2 said:

It’s a duel developed module? That’s kinda cool.

I'm actually not really sure what "developed in partnership with ED" means in this regard :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

10 hours ago, QuiGon said:

I'm actually not really sure what "developed in partnership with ED" means in this regard :dunno:

I'm pretty sure it simply means: "We are developing a module by ourselves that can only exist within the framework that is DCS which is made by ED".
As far as I understand, making a module for DCS requires access to, and use of, certain APIs that are specifically made for DCS by ED. As such, it is a partnership.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
  • Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 1/28/2022 at 6:59 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I'm pretty sure it simply means: "We are developing a module by ourselves that can only exist within the framework that is DCS which is made by ED".
As far as I understand, making a module for DCS requires access to, and use of, certain APIs that are specifically made for DCS by ED. As such, it is a partnership.

On 1/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, TLTeo said:

Yeah, HB have been using that phrasing forever.

That's also what I thought too, but got talked down on the ED Discord when I said that 😄

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It means that we develop it, and ED are our partners, as they are on every project, because we develop it for DCS. They are our partners and named as such in everything we do and ever will for DCS. This does not mean that they actively develop along on our modules at all (while they ofc help in the more brought aspect).

Feel free to quote me on that, on whatever discord folks claim otherwise.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

It means that we develop it, and ED are our partners, as they are on every project, because we develop it for DCS. They are our partners and named as such in everything we do and ever will for DCS. This does not mean that they actively develop along on our modules at all (while they ofc help in the more brought aspect).

Great to see you in this thread! Very happy to see you guys doing the work on this module (The day F-4S or F-4J with AWG-10B and VTAS II is announced is the day I die of happiness).

Is the 4E drawing on any of the work completed by belsimtek, or is that too old/not up to standard in some way?

18 hours ago, IronMike said:

Didn't see those comments people mention, but since Belsimtek was already working on the model, didn't you resume the work from there in any aspect? Is it a whole new module by Heatblur? Just asking out of interest, not "accusing" you of anything or something like that. I don't see any problem if it were a true collaborative work at any level, day 1 purchase anyhow 😅.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

9 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Didn't see those comments people mention, but since Belsimtek was already working on the model, didn't you resume the work from there in any aspect? Is it a whole new module by Heatblur? Just asking out of interest, not "accusing" you of anything or something like that. I don't see any problem if it were a true collaborative work at any level, day 1 purchase anyhow 😅.

I'm wondering that as well. I know there was talk about Belsimtek doing it. I hope they worked together as that could speed up development time

9 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

100% from scratch by us.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

9 hours ago, IronMike said:

100% from scratch by us.

Which in itself just says “quality”.

The HB hallmark.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, IronMike said:

So out to curiosity, how are you guys gonna address stuff like the early sparrow "reliability" issues that are well documented. Is that gonna make it into DCS in some form or fashion?

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

38 minutes ago, joey45 said:

Weapons are ED not 3rd parties

Well, seeing the recent phoenix fiasco, thats not really an accurate statement.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

20 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

So out to curiosity, how are you guys gonna address stuff like the early sparrow "reliability" issues that are well documented. Is that gonna make it into DCS in some form or fashion?

A bridge to cross when we get there, really, but also a question for early aim9s, etc - although it is very likely that aim7s and aim9s will be ED side, not us. As you know us, we will do our best to model it as true to life as possible, and as reasonable gameplay wise as possible. Modeling stuff that just doesnt work, is kinda beside the point if that makes sense. It is better then to not offer it. But if it actively adds to the gameplay, to your tactics, etc - then ofc it is something that can be a ton of fun because of its quirkyness.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

42 minutes ago, IronMike said:

A bridge to cross when we get there, really, but also a question for early aim9s, etc - although it is very likely that aim7s and aim9s will be ED side, not us. As you know us, we will do our best to model it as true to life as possible, and as reasonable gameplay wise as possible. Modeling stuff that just doesnt work, is kinda beside the point if that makes sense. It is better then to not offer it. But if it actively adds to the gameplay, to your tactics, etc - then ofc it is something that can be a ton of fun because of its quirkyness.

Cool,

I mean alot of that stuff is pretty well documented, and while some of it was like reliability/poor maintence, and some of it was "user error" there was still alot of it that was just the weapon not being that good in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Cool,

I mean alot of that stuff is pretty well documented, and while some of it was like reliability/poor maintence, and some of it was "user error" there was still alot of it that was just the weapon not being that good in the first place. 

We'll see - it is one of these things where gameplay and realism have to be weighed against each other. If it is just a source of frustration for the user, while not adding any form of gameplay, it becomes a tough decision real quick. Kind of like refueling: in air, easy to ask of someone to do, it is fun in it being a challenge. On the ground, waiting around for 30 min doing nothing, not so much, if you catch my drift. But realism will always get considered first. But anyway, we are not there yet, we'll see.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure you don’t want to send us all into hype-erdrive, but given you have made a commitment to this year that you’ve repeatedly said you are confident with, are you able to elaborate where you are in the development process and what level of work remains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3