CLEMENCEAU CLASS version 004 and SUPER ETENDARDS PACK 2021 2.7.2 by the Cuesta brothers

Guys - Where is the mod taking the texture for this small part under the tail - I have removed ALL of the texture files from the mod, textures, liveries, cockpits, weapons - all of them but this bit of the fuselage is still showing up as grey, so it's not taking it from anywhere within the actual Mod itself.  I want to repaint my Argentinian Navy SEM liveries but this has me stumped. 

Screen-230616-175755.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm seeing a few comments about the Exocet in this and the Rafale forums.

They load.  I have it in A2G mode #7.   I have the antenna installed on the centerline.   I press I and I see ETS and the designator box in the HUD.   

I'm picking up the radar from the ship on my RWR but there isn't any diamonds in the HUD to designate to and shoot.

Ideas?

The issue was the target.   I was using a ship that gave a radar indication that even locked but no indicator.   I added two different ships and it's working.

Merci beaucoup 🙂

Screen_231012_111345.jpg

Screen_231012_111735.jpg

Screen_231012_111751.jpg

Edited by Saguanay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, Beldin said:

Hello All,

I now have ready for release the second update in my Naval Aviation Update Mod version NAUM v1.F "the Marine Nationale", RN-98 Clemenceau. Now updated for use with AI aircraft allowing up 20 aircraft on the deck for take off and landing. The ability to fly the Etentard as in the original mod(s) should not be affected. You must already have the original Cuesta Brothers Team Clemenceau and aircraft mods installed. (Rafale/Etentard)

Update to the Clemenceau include:

Separate ship and Runway lua file 

Name changed in ME to FS-R-98Clemenceau.  Map uses short display name R-98 during mission.

Two catapults and up to 16 spawn points for correct French and US Navy aircraft including;

Super Etentard, Rafale, E-2 Hawkeye, C2a greyhound, F/A-18C, A-4C). Other aircraft may work but have not been tested. Best results withEtentard.

Etentard updates;

Not much really other than adding the folding wings code to make it AI capable for carrier operations

Known issues:

Only tested for aircraft groups o 2 or 1. Groups of 3-4 may not work.

Nose wheel-catapult hook up not working correctly but close

Aircraft-catapult alignment not always correct from taxi varies by starting position. Worse for larger aircraft like E-2

Mixed aircraft types from ramp start may cause issues. Some combination will work. I’m sure some will not

Launching and landing large amount of aircraft at the same time work BUT must be planned in the ME following some basic guidelines In the Read ME file

Taxi routes and take off order are not perfect but the best I could get working currently. (improvements planned)

Enjoy🙂

And many thanks to toan for the additional testing👏

Next up from the Cuesta brothers The Spanish Carrier Príncipe de Asturias with 12 AV8Bs taking off and landing. Well at least some of them landing, lol

NOTE: Place the RunwaysAndRoutes file in the same folder as the clemenceau.lua. This is a new file created to hopefully access some of the features used by the AI in the Super Carrier module. Sadly I've had no luck getting these features to work. But basically treat the two files Clemenceau and RunwaysAndRoutes as one file in regards to folder location

Did you make any changes to the armament on the Etendards? Last I checked, they had some grossly inaccurate loadouts.

Edited by Xeno426

• 1 month later...

Hi, nice job and thanks for those great french mods. I just noticed that the speed of the AM-39 Exocet is a bit too high. In fact, IRL it's a subsonic missile, but in game it flies at 2500 kts. I didn't know that France had hypersonic antiship missiles 😅. The MM-40 has a more accurate speed as it's an high subsonic missile.

Hello all,

Sorry for my absence, I need a bit of a break for the Modding scene, lol

But I've got some big update for the Clemenceau Class will post some pictures later today.

I'll take a look at the specs on the SEM and Etendards. I've not made any changes to them but I'll see what I can see/update.

I've dove some update to the F-8 Crusader that's been floating around lately as well. I believe it's the one Toan and Hawkeye were updating

Screen_240102_212542.jpg

Screen_240122_101520.jpg

Screen_240206_184519.jpg

Screen_240206_190839.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grim_reaper68 said:

Nice work! Where did you get the F-8? I see in the last picture R99, isn't that the FOCH? 😉 Also the SA321 seems to be new, or I maybe missed some mods...

Thanks.

Yes my Clemenceau update contains both R98 and R99 and there are liveries for both the early and later years. As for weapons I have the all working for the most part.

There are 3 versions, original fit with guns only, 1980 refit with 4 guns removed and 2 SAM launchers added and the final refit for Foch with all guns removed and a second short range SAM system added.

BUT....... Sadly this is all done via lua edits and NOT reflected on the model. The model, while very pretty, is not actually correct for any version of the Clemenceau class🤷‍♂️.

But I did get a little creative. Notice the SAM firing from the gun barrel on the Foch picture, 😂😂😂.

I still need to sort out the small gun firing arcs. they keep shooting through the deck shooting at airplanes that are to high for them🤦‍♂️

But it's pretty cool watching R98 and R99 conduct a shore bombardment with their "big guns" while launching troops via helicopter. 👍

Oh, the F-8 was something toan had posted. I think he and hawkeye60 have been trying to get it usable. I'll include my update to it with the Clemenceau updates

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 1

OK for the F8, I thought there was another one. Strangely the french liveries seems ugly in my case.

I noticed on a self made mission that there where 3 "catapults on the clemenceau, as i had 3 F8 on the deck, on on each catapult, and one behind the tower, floating over the elevator. What a surprise to see it starting at the same time that the F8 at the catapult 1. Then the other on cat 2 started after a few time.  

OK here is my latest updates to the Cuesta brothers Clemenceau Class Carrier.

Both Clemenceau and Foch are included with two versions for each ship (same model, weapons changes only)

Clemenceau 1961   8 Main Guns 5 Secondary No SAMs

Foch 1963               8 Main Guns 5 Secondary No SAMs

Clemenceau R98    4 Main Guns 5 Secondary 2 medium range SAMs "launchers" 16 missiles. (fires SAM from main turret barrel)

Foch R99              0 Main Guns 5 Secondary 2 medium range SAMs "launchers" 16 missiles. (fires SAM from main turret barrel) 2 short range SAM launchers 12 missiles

Weapons are all stock ED that are close in spec to the actual weapons

Important

All testing was done with groups of 2 for planes and 4 for helicopters

Enjoy

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArIUQEKgEWp8gfZU-i8dogiWI1iNTg?e=CmYU7d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clemenceau Class Upadate Beta 1

download link in previous post

Different deck options can be disabled/enabled in the ship lua by changing which line has the -- before it.

Screen_240214_204115.jpg

Screen_240214_205011.jpg

Screen_240214_210014.jpg

Screen_240214_205659.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Beldin said:

Clemenceau Class Upadate Beta 1

download link in previous post

Different deck options can be disabled/enabled in the ship lua by changing which line has the -- before it.

Thank you for this nice mod!

Is this Update Beta1 a stand alone version? or shall it overwrite the original files?

3 hours ago, Linbei said:

Thank you for this nice mod!

Is this Update Beta1 a stand alone version? or shall it overwrite the original files?

Back up your files and delete old version. Place Clemenceau in mods-tech folder and F-8 in mods-Aircraft

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 4:47 PM, grim_reaper68 said:

OK for the F8, I thought there was another one. Strangely the french liveries seems ugly in my case.

I noticed on a self made mission that there where 3 "catapults on the clemenceau, as i had 3 F8 on the deck, on on each catapult, and one behind the tower, floating over the elevator. What a surprise to see it starting at the same time that the F8 at the catapult 1. Then the other on cat 2 started after a few time.  

Yeah, I believe the original Clemenceau mod had 3 catapults. I think the 3rd one was meant to be used as a spawn point.

There should only be 2 catapults on this version. all the other spawn points are for ramp start or parking hot  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grim_reaper68 said:

Can only find one french livery. And I have some issues on the IA crusader. 

Thanks There is only one livery on this F-8FN. Also the Jet blast deflector hit the jet on runway start. There are also some cat alignment issues depending on where the plane starts it's taxi from.

Check thread for "the other" F-8. that Hawkeye60 and toan have been working on. There is a more complete F-8 out there.  I got this one from one of their posts and made some tweaks and updated the specs for use will the Clem/Foch.

It is in no way meant to be a finished plane 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beldin said:

Check thread for "the other" F-8. that Hawkeye60 and toan have been working on. There is a more complete F-8 out there.  I got this one from one of their posts and made some tweaks and updated the specs for use will the Clem/Foch.

Hi Beldin,

feel free to use https://github.com/tspindler-cms/DCS-F8 as a source for your version of the F-8FN! It should contain the latest updates for the liveries by @seabat regularly. It's the development build and hopefully moving forward faster than the Vietnam War Vessels build.

Cheers,
TeTeT

2 hours ago, TeTeT said:

Hi Beldin,

feel free to use https://github.com/tspindler-cms/DCS-F8 as a source for your version of the F-8FN! It should contain the latest updates for the liveries by @seabat regularly. It's the development build and hopefully moving forward faster than the Vietnam War Vessels build.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Thanks, I did download that, but I need to take a look and compare notes, lol. I didn't do much to the F-8FN I did, just changed some specs/name. Ran a few ai dogfights with Mig-21s and such and it seemed to hold it's own so I moved on. I've actually had the F-8 for awhile, I noticed that someone, Hawkeye60 I think, had fixed the "placement" of the edm so that it would spawn correctly on the deck. I think this model had originally been exported in a way that caused an issue with how/where the plane spawned on the deck when it was first released. And the one I found was a very early release of a mod that was dropped because one of the studios doing a F-8 module

But thanks again. I was planning on looking at the F-8B-E when I got back to the runway lua for CVA-31. That's a great ship/asset to have and it can sail with the Clemenceau Class👍

• Like 1

Beldin,

There should be about 6 versions of FN liveries in the link TeTeT provided.  The French liveries were made with the Cuesta Brothers carriers in mind.  Just be aware the Big Duck livery is a WIP and pending figuring out how to get a good RM to match it.  

All the liveries (FN, USN, USMC and Phillipine AF) should be compatible with the mod you are using as they all started from the same files.   We are still tweaking them as time permits (Normals, RM, resolution, text, etc) and will post updates.  If you would continue to use the credits in the readme text as you have it would be appreciated.

seabat

• Thanks 1