A-29 Super Tucano

I got it figured out. I feel so dumb. The A-29B only runs on 2.8 ob. 

Stellar mod btw. But I'm curious,  will the cockpit ever see better textures? Like is this something that's still being worked on?

Edited by Sparc

I dont know if other players have had this issue, but in low taxi speeds, if aply pedals to steer, the acft starts rotate fastly (uncontrolable), after 5kts of taxi speed, it reduce and normalize control as spected. 
I have the latest version installed, "Version 0.5.1 - 30 Oct 2022".

On 11/15/2022 at 8:06 PM, Uzeda said:

I dont know if other players have had this issue, but in low taxi speeds, if aply pedals to steer, the acft starts rotate fastly (uncontrolable), after 5kts of taxi speed, it reduce and normalize control as spected. 
I have the latest version installed, "Version 0.5.1 - 30 Oct 2022".

Hi mate, yes, this is a feature of the flight model.  I believe it's the same flight model the AI uses, which makes sense that the AI may need super speed taxiing to be able to move around on the ground without hitting things. 

I think.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

It cashes my game if I try to launch it with me in the pit. 

Happens the same on my DCS .. haven't had time to test it with no other Mods, will try it again tomorrow.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I have not been able to get it flayable since the last but one update, and I have the latest version.  It cashes my game if I try to launch it with me in the pit. 

I dont know it thats a mod problem, an ED problem or a conflict with another mod.   AI it works fine. 

After the last MOD update, I did get it to work, but it took a few goes of deleting everything from the MOD folder and re-downloading but it did work, except for the guns.  I only have this one MOD so I don't think it's a conflict there.  I really feel for MOD producers as it must be a real pain keeping up - and I tip my hat to these guys, it's an amazing plane.   

• ED Team

Reproduced, it's mod issue

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

On 11/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, One Eyed Ross said:

Well, I dunno what to think.  It worked, then didn't after an update update, reloaded it, it works again.  Not sure what is going on, but I am glad it's working for me now.  Would really hate to lose this bird.

I reloaded and continue not working for me.

2 hours ago, Uzeda said:

I reloaded and continue not working for me.

Same, I disabled every other Mod that I was using, and the A-29B still crashes my DCS with a C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION error  😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, I miss this little aircraft too .. let’s hope that its developer can fix this.

Choose Instant Action, Choose role from menu once loaded and press OK. CTD. DCS Crash notification pops up so there is a log file etc available. That's it.

I also went to Mission Editor and placed aircraft on runway at Batumi as Veteran AI. Loaded mission. CTD before entering sim. DCS Crash pop up again present.

Using latest Beta.

Edited by Spook1234567890

I deleted everything in the Temp folder and got exactly the same CTD.

I then tried the ModelViewer. The first time I Loaded the cockpit I got the entries in the txt file attached in the Log View. I then loaded it a second time and the Log View results are also in the txt file. No idea if this is at all helpful. CTD again in game following the ModelViewer loading.

A29 ModelViewer.txt

Ok I think you lost me! Yes, the cockpit loads in ModelViewer without textures. Where do you put the autoexec.lua? In C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\edModelViewerTrunk folder? Or one of the subfolders? Somewhere else?

If I put the autoexec file supplied in C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\edModelViewerTrunk still no textures load in the Viewer.

Note (if relevant) that If I load the A4 or Bronco mod cockpit in the Viewer the textures do not load but unlike the A29 the aircraft load fine in game. If I load a cockpit in the viewer from an official module such as the F5 then the textures load.

OK, thanks, changing the username worked and I now get textures in the viewer. Not sure where I go from here. You say to try to narrow down the error by moving the other .luas but if I move those out of the A29 folder the aircraft doesn't show up in sim (not listed in Mission Editor and if you use the instant action you get an A10 not an A29).