A-29 Super Tucano

3 hours ago, patmath said:

DCS crash everytime I load the Super Tucano since 2.8 update unfortunately

It works on my DCS, but I'm still using version 2.0 of this Mod, haven't tried the newest yet:

WIKG3FB.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

It works on my DCS, but I'm still using version 0.2.0 of this Mod, haven't tried the newest yet:

Update: I updated the Mod to its latest version (0.5) and it crashes DCS .. it seems that this error is the root cause:

"ERROR   NGMODEL (5016): Can't load lod //models/a-29b-collision.edm of model a-29b-collision. Reason: Wrong version of model file."

Pinging @Luiz Renault to make him aware of this issue, hopefully it can be fixed. 🙏

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

"ERROR   NGMODEL (5016): Can't load lod //models/a-29b-collision.edm of model a-29b-collision. Reason: Wrong version of model file."

This error happens when the edm is too old for the current DCS build.

It will need to be re-exported from Max.

A work around is to comment out the collision files from the shapes lod lua file.

This WILL render the collision inactive, but should allow the mod to load, and stop crashing DCS

If the main aircraft lua has the collision declared, it will need to be commented out as well.

Be aware, with no collision, unknown events may occur.

YMMV

Hope he responds with a fix..

A great mod!

• Like 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I'm using version 0.05 released 23 Jul 2022 and its working fine in my Beta.  I have just looked on page 1 of this thread and that appears to be the most recent update.

My Beta is up to date. 

OR, am I confused and we are talking about another Tucano ?  If the answer to that question is Yes then my apologies, if its No then it is working. 

Edited by crazyeddie

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

I'm using version 0.05 released 23 Jul 2022 and its working fine in my Beta.  I have just looked on page 1 of this thread and that appears to be the most recent update.

My Beta is up to date. 

OR, am I confused and we are talking about another Tucano ?  If the answer to that question is Yes then my apologies, if its No then it is working. 

You are not confused .. it's the same Mod and version, but on my DCS it posts that message on the log and then DCS crashes right after.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jenrick said:

Anyone else having issues with the guns not firing in 2.8? The round counter counts down, but no rounds are fired, and no rounds are logged in DCS.

Confirmed. Guns don’t seem to work also with latest version compatible with 2.8

Hoping someone can help with this. 

When I try and fly the A-28 I can't get in the cockpit.  The mod loads and flies OK, but I only have an external 'F2' view.

I had a similar problem with the A4E mod, but that was solved by installing Microsoft Visual Studio.  I've attached the log here which contains a number of errors.

dcs.log

Is it 0.5b?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

What I did was scroll down to where it says "Download Latest Release", that's the one I got 2 days ago and  that works.  It does not have a version number after it.  If you look at the lines of descriptions above it, one line for Bin says a new DLL for 2.8, so I'm guessing that is the fix. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

What I did was scroll down to where it says "Download Latest Release", that's the one I got 2 days ago and  that works.  It does not have a version number after it.  If you look at the lines of descriptions above it, one line for Bin says a new DLL for 2.8, so I'm guessing that is the fix. 

Thanks a lot, this is the download link in case anyone is wondering 🙂

https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

• Thanks 1

I think there should be an indication if the FLIR is off and it is starting.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

15 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

stolzy - go to page 1 and then to the github link, get the latest updated version that works in 2.8. 

Thanks.  I deleted the version I previously installed and re-downloaded and  re-installed as you suggested, but with the same resilt.

The version I have is

## Version 0.5.1 - 30 Oct 2022

and says:

### Fixes
- DCS 2.8 Compatibility. No longer works with 2.7.

#So I presume it is the latest one.

That's the same version I now have, and it appears to work okay in my Beta game, but I have not tested everything yet.

I suspect you may have a conflict with another Mod, but I dont know what that might be.  Have a look in your log file and see if you can id any errors, that might give you a clue.

I believe there is a navigation mod that does not work with the A29, it could be anything like that, something that affects the mod or adds to its functionality.  I have lost track of all the add on's, there are so many now and I don't use them.

Another option is to remove anything you suspect might be conflicting, its a bit hit and miss but it is often the only choice you have left when all else fails.

Post your log file on here, somebody might spot an error.    

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

That's the same version I now have, and it appears to work okay in my Beta game, but I have not tested everything yet.

I suspect you may have a conflict with another Mod, but I dont know what that might be.  Have a look in your log file and see if you can id any errors, that might give you a clue.

I believe there is a navigation mod that does not work with the A29, it could be anything like that, something that affects the mod or adds to its functionality.  I have lost track of all the add on's, there are so many now and I don't use them.

Another option is to remove anything you suspect might be conflicting, its a bit hit and miss but it is often the only choice you have left when all else fails.

Post your log file on here, somebody might spot an error.    

Log attached.  No shortage of errors.

2022-11-07 14:20:47.930 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'lightning.dds' not found. Asked from ''
2022-11-07 14:20:47.968 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'cloudShadows' not found
2022-11-07 14:20:47.968 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'CascadeShadowMap' not found
2022-11-07 14:20:47.968 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'mainDepthBuffer_copy' not found
2022-11-07 14:20:47.968 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: render target 'DummyShadowMap' not found
2022-11-07 14:20:47.990 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'LiquidAnimationNormals' not found. Asked from ''
2022-11-07 14:20:47.990 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'LiquidAnimationAlphas' not found. Asked from ''

2022-11-07 14:20:52.540 ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "effects\aircrafts\enginespt6a-25c\backengine"

DCS_A29_log.txt

The only line in there that I can see that relates to the A29 is this:

2022-11-07 14:20:49.173 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'a29b_01_flir' not found. Asked from ''

BUT - I get that in my log file as well and the A29 works in my game.  Texture errors are usually ignored and the game uses a missing texture file in its place, so I dont think its anything to do with that line.

I'm not an expert with log files, perhaps somebody can see something else that I have missed. 

I am having a load of different problems with my game since 2.8, some are really strange and I cant seem to identify what is causing them. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:09 AM, Fab8ball said:

Confirmed. Guns don’t seem to work also with latest version compatible with 2.8

I dont see any weapon in my store page and cant release anything on my side

Edited by patmath

On 11/7/2022 at 3:42 PM, crazyeddie said:

The only line in there that I can see that relates to the A29 is this:

2022-11-07 14:20:49.173 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'a29b_01_flir' not found. Asked from ''

BUT - I get that in my log file as well and the A29 works in my game.  Texture errors are usually ignored and the game uses a missing texture file in its place, so I dont think its anything to do with that line.

I'm not an expert with log files, perhaps somebody can see something else that I have missed. 

I am having a load of different problems with my game since 2.8, some are really strange and I cant seem to identify what is causing them. 

I have all the same error codes and Im not even running the a-29. I just got back into dcs 

2022-11-07 14:20:49.173 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'a29b_01_flir' not found..... That is the only error relating to the A-29 

ive been at it all day! i followed grim reapers tutorial on downloading and installing the A-29B. 

DCS stable (single player here)

C\users\my name\saved games\DCS\mods\aircraft

the A-29B is in the game but when i select training cold start all i get is a map and the ai is controlling the aircraft. also in mission editor i select the A-29B and click on "client" and tried "player" but ai controls the aircraft. im currently doing a complete slow repair to see if this helps.

please help shed some light. 

Edited by Sparc

Sparc:  Not sure if this is the same issue, but with the A-4E mod there was a Microsoft thing that had to be updated.  Microsoft's Visual studio was the problem.  Not sure it that is the case with the A-29 or not....

I also had a few issues with dropping bombs and firing the guns, until I checked my keyboard mapping.  That was my issue.  Other than that, I have had no problems at all with 2.8 and the new download.  I love the aircraft, it has my second most hours of flight time (after the A-4)...but truth be told, I think the Bronco is going to catch up soon.