A-29 Super Tucano

1 minute ago, F2C said:

If you have a training mission with flir I would like to try

At this time it is unlikely that I will edit more A-29 missions, as I have moved on to other aircrafts and the developer never provided the instructions needed.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 11/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, F2C said:

Hello,

I'm trying to get the FLIR to work... but the screen remains black.
In exterior view the dome rotates but nothing happens on the screen.

Can anyone help me or direct me to a video or user manual ?

Thanks in advance 🙂

image.jpeg

Screen_231101_155232.jpg

Same here.

It’s the beta and a work in progress.

Im thankful the creator of the mod did some work on it recently so we could fly and dogfight with it.

Hopefully he/they will have time to fix the flir for us.

🙂

On 11/7/2023 at 10:27 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Unfortunately, there is no documentation for the FLIR 😞 

I wanted to edit a training mission for the Flir, but without documentation it is not possible to do proper training.

On this document I have noted every item of info that I have been able to gather:

A-29B Weapons Procedures v5.2.pdf 679.56 kB · 17 downloads

Hello,

I managed to get something on the screen by turning the FLIR off and on 😄

But impossible to direct it up down right left does not work, nor does the zoom...

However, the CAGE and TRACK keys work.

Can you see anything with the FLIR? Or do we have to wait for the next update?

Thank you 😉 

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, F2C said:

Can you see anything with the FLIR?

I have not flown the A-29 in months, so I don't really know. I gave you all of my notes, that's all I have.

26 minutes ago, F2C said:

Or do we have to wait for the next update?

Only the developer can answer that, why dont you try sending him a PM?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

17 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I have not flown the A-29 in months, so I don't really know. I gave you all of my notes, that's all I have.

Only the developer can answer that, why dont you try sending him a PM?

Hi,

I understand, it's already very nice of you to have answered me 🙂

I will let you know if I find additional information or if I manage to go further.

Have a good day

Fly safe 😃 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Seems it won't work with 2.9 - getting a crash for instant mission (cold and dark) and own mission from the editor.

Hopefully get an update at some stage.

Are you using the latest version?

https://github.com/luizrenault/a-29b-community/releases/tag/0.6.0b

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 1:32 PM, Rudel_chw said:

No - I did look for it but didn't find one, so used the 2.8 one.

Thanks for the link 😉

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Do the CCIP/CCRP modes account for drag? If so, what do the calculations look like?

Also, are there any plans to share the source code for avSimplest.dll? Was it created using the SDK or something?
As far as I know, it's not possible to make a camera or laser designator device without the SDK, so I wonder how it's done here.

Hi. CCIP is calculated using DCS API. CCRP is calculated using the CCIP calculation and then taking into account the "impact distance" from target.

At the beginning i was doing the CCIP calculations by my own and realized that DCS does not take into account draw or it was negligible in their calculation. Because when I used drag, the bombs always fell longer.

avSimplest.dll was developed based on DCS API without the SDK, using headers that I've put together from the exported functions and methods from DCS dll files. Now the headers are so big that they work like a SDK, but with no ED support. It is why after each DCS update i need to check what have changed and modify on my headers.

It is not impossible to make camera and laser designation work without the SDK. It is just hard. Took me about 7 months of very intense work to do it.

Several guys asked me how I did it and I showed them on a Discord call. No secrets. I can show you. It only requires C++, VS Windows programming, assembly experience and patience.

In four months I was able to create my own custom avDevice in C++ and in seven got FLIR and Laser to work.

I was willing to release the source code but a bunch of jealous guys (which came from community developers to 3rd parties) created a narrative that it was against ED terms. At some point some ED guys said that as long as all the code was made by me (and it was) there wasn't a problem, but they would check it out. Since I never got a straight answer it is closed source by now.

What i usually do is to "license" the dll to work in free open source public mods, when asked. I put that lock because I saw that some people were using my dlls to make profit in private mods.

• Like 11

@Luiz RenaultThanks for the reply!

I'm doing my own experimentation with DCS systems, and I don't see these "DCS API calculations" for CCIP you're talking about.

Feel free to PM me or reply on my thread about CCIP calculations or using the API just to keep this thread about the mod itself.

By the way, some documentation on creating something like avSimplest would be great, but that's up to you.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

Version 0.6 here, and something strange with the landing gear. It works with the keyboard shortcut, with the associated button(s) on the HOTAS, but... the landing handle does not move, the indication lights do not illuminate, and a click on the handle does nothing at all.
Got the same behavior with the flaps !

Did I miss something ?

Otherwise, great, great work ! 👌

10700K / 4090 / 32Go / 34" curved Gigabyte / Reverb G1 / Thrustmaster hardware among other harderware things.

I find your lack of FPS disturbing...
C8<]

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have this issue with the A29 showing up in the Mission Editor.

I select the A29 and place it on the map - I then open the livery window to select the appropriate livery that I want.  The window in the ME is empty, no image of the aircraft at all, the weapon loadouts shown in the lines below the image are correct.

If I change the aircraft to another, say the A10, the changes happens correctly and the image is the A10 with the A10 loadouts etc etc. 

If I then select the A29 again I get the A10 in the image window ... with the A29 loadouts below that AND the A29 weapons hung randomly under the A10.  Back to square one so to speak !!!

The only way I can get the A29 to show up in the image window is to close the mission completely and restart it again, then the A29 image shows up in the image window. 

It only happens with the A29. If anyone knws what is causing this and how to cure it I would love to know. 

Edited by crazyeddie

hace 14 minutos, crazyeddie dijo:

I select the A29 and place it on the map - I then open the livery window to select the appropriate livery that I want.  The window in the ME is empty, no image of the aircraft at all, the weapon loadouts shown in the lines below the image are correct.

I only get this error.... then I select another plane or close the configuration screen, open it again and the A29 image usually loads.

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

13 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

If I change the aircraft to another, say the A10, the changes happens correctly and the image is the A10 with the A10 loadouts etc etc. 

If I then select the A29 again I get the A10 in the image window ... with the A29 loadouts below that AND the A29 weapons hung randomly under the A10.  Back to square one so to speak !!!

The only way I can get the A29 to show up in the image window is to close the mission completely and restart it again, then the A29 image shows up in the image window. 

It only happens with the A29. If anyone knws what is causing this and how to cure it I would love to know. 

yes in fact exactly as you describe. i have no idea, have not tested it with no other mods in place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ANDR0ID said:

For those interested in some additional guided weapon options for the A-29, I have added a weapons pack to DCS User Files: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335898/

Includes (custom) APKWS, Hellfire, and Mavericks. 

A29Weps1.jpg

I can load the weapons, but how can you guide them? The FLIR does not work.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Livery Bugs???

Is anyone else having livery issues where they do not display in game?  I have several liveries that show up in the ME Model View, but when the sim is started, they display as black with no detail.

Latest version of the mod is installed and running on latest version of DCS.

ME Screenshot.png

In Game Screenshot.png

17 minutes ago, RichCotte said:

Is anyone else having livery issues where they do not display in game?  I have several liveries that show up in the ME Model View, but when the sim is started, they display as black with no detail.

Its probably the same bug that happened with the Military Aircrafts Mod: "the alpha channel of almost all .dds files was set to 0 (0% opacity), just changed it to 1 and added MipMaps while exporting."

Unfortunately you do need to know your way with DDS graphic files in order to do the fix  😞

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Its probably the same bug that happened with the Military Aircrafts Mod: "the alpha channel of almost all .dds files was set to 0 (0% opacity), just changed it to 1 and added MipMaps while exporting."

Unfortunately you do need to know your way with DDS graphic files in order to do the fix  😞

Thanks!   I'll check it out.

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I changed all the jpg texture files for the model and the cockpit to dds format, using paint.net, but its still happening.  I tried saving them TO BC3 Linear DXT5.  I had solved all my MAM Liveries a long time ago using this same method, so I dont think this is the solution. 

Thank you for the suggestion though, it was worth a try.   

My mistake here - getting threads mixed up. The MAM issue above isnt a problem for me, I fixed that ages ago. I'm still having ussues with the drop downs in the ME for the A29B.   Sorry. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there!

Sorry for asking something that's surely been answered a lot of times, but.. it's this aircraft flyable from both seats? Can it be used for training of new pilots?