DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

MATLAB is a horrible resource hog. I did the same computations in C in une second that MATLAB pondered for twenty minutes.

Anyway, AI is a very complex subject - it's not difficult just because it's CPU-bound, but because the number of inputs and outputs is huge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

MATLAB is a horrible resource hog. I did the same computations in C in une second that MATLAB pondered for twenty minutes.

Sorry for OT but i cant let someone pound my preciouss MATLAB ;):

It depends on what you are doing, MATLAB really shines where matrix and vector calculations are important as in DSP. It has really powerful tools to work with massive matrix systems and that's what it was made for. The only thing that bothers me is that it's not real-time capable.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm sorry but this was matrix and vector calculations ;) And yes, I know that's what it was made for, and C pounded it into the ground.

It is entirely possible that I messed something up while writing the matlab routines though, it's been known to happen. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'm sorry but this was matrix and vector calculations ;) And yes, I know that's what it was made for, and C pounded it into the ground.

I never really wondered about resources, as my scripts where comparably rather small, i think you can do the calculations with a lot less code than in C but i can't say for sure as i'm a wuss in C. I also don't know how well you used the MATLAB syntax ;)

Enough of the MATLAB talk already :doh: :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Come let's eat grandpa!

Making AI must be one of the most challenging aspects of programming. I never ever say its easy or pretended to understand it. Finances, marketing, and management are my areas of experience. I don't know how to make it better, but I'll still ask for it! :P

And by better, I mean more human-like.

There's some good news for you. AFAIR every AI plane has view restrictions based on that units cockpit so they can't spot you if you're, say, aproaching from behind & below.

Where'd you see that? I must have missed it. Apply this same type of thing to sensor operation and operator workload and then we're talkin!

Where'd you see that? I must have missed it. Apply this same type of thing to sensor operation and operator workload and then we're talkin!

I don't know who it was but i remember some ED affiliate talking about AI and their view restrictions some time ago. Maybe in the Q&A sticky? Maybe someone with a brain instead of a sieve can remember where it was ;).

Oh boy am i getting old :D

Come let's eat grandpa!

I'd like to see are the follwoing

1. evolutionary development don't toss out the engine evry few years to make a better one figure out how to make the curent one grow and improve oer time

2. A lot of addons from the third party add on kit ED is going to release

3. a package offer with some one doing vr helmets and gloves

4. a realistic figure for the hardware requirements

5. SLI and dual core support

6. a copy installed on my PC realy soon

OK how bout this. The ABRIS suported for a toch screen. No not tuch buddy but have the hole thing on a second or theard screan like the Shkval. That would be great for pit builders.

that would be cool epecialy if theer were some way to do it with just one screen

i would like to see the F-16 and F-18 carrier capable..fully moduled like in falcon 4 (F-16 that is hehe)..

i would like to see buildings,bridges etc blown apart in a realistic way

but i guess i would be happy with only the first wish...

lock on gfx and OF realisam...now theres a reason not to ever get out of the house again :music_whistling:

I would really like to see MiG-21 and F-14 as future DCS modules, but also MiG-29, F-16, F-18 and Mirage-2000... no wait... also Tornado, the Harrier... the Su-27... MiG-25... man... the list goes on!

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

I would really like to see MiG-21 and F-14 as future DCS modules, but also MiG-29, F-16, F-18 and Mirage-2000... no wait... also Tornado, the Harrier... the Su-27... MiG-25... man... the list goes on!

That adds up to 5000 pages of manuals to read :D

The Harrier you have listed there would indeed be very sweetpants me thinks, yes me does!

A dry martini for me please - shaken, not stirred :]

Yes James...........An Olive with that? :D

Me - I'm waiting for EB's post about the imminent release........patiently waiting I might add............Good Times!:pilotfly:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Dinamic Weather.

Some parts of the terrain overcasted, others only scattered.

Fog in the early ours of the day that dissappears with the sun coming up.

Variable wind in intensity and direction. ( not always the same force from the same place )

Turbulence in multiplayer with different intensity at different flight levels.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Actually I believe MATLAB has some AI toolboxes you can play with. :)

Probably OT: Well AFAIK it (MATLAB) has some NeuralNetworks toolbox and very nice FUZZY logic toolbox ... did play with the second one a lot while doing my MSc in A.I. ... in games I would expect some combination of Expert Systems,Fuzzy Logic (to define fuzzy rules ... IF enemy_IS_CLOSE THEN bla bla ...is_ close is a fuzzy term ...) and (Multi)Agent systems... no significant matrix computations needed I think ... and there are many types of rules that can be triggered based on the Expert System's inference engine implementation ... IF-THEN, IFMATCH, WHEN, WHENMATCH, Decision tables, etc. ...

My first post here, so greetings to all. Here is my add to the wish list.

A dynamic campaign like Falcon 4 with live world and realtime battles, functional either in singleplayer and multiplayer. The abillity to run dedicated servers with such dynamic campaigns in which players could log-on and off and help their sides to advance. The abillity in such online campaigns for the players to form flights and packages choosing their roles and targets and create flight plans in real time.

It should rise online experiense in new heights :)

• Like 1

My first post here, so greetings to all. Here is my add to the wish list.

A dynamic campaign like Falcon 4 with live world and realtime battles, functional either in singleplayer and multiplayer. The abillity to run dedicated servers with such dynamic campaigns in which players could log-on and off and help their sides to advance. The abillity in such online campaigns for the players to form flights and packages choosing their roles and targets and create flight plans in real time.

It should rise online experiense in new heights :)

Couldn't agree more. :beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]