F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 20 December 2023

Minsky

On 7/24/2022 at 1:07 PM, ienatom said:

That's probably the best kneeboard I've found so far for any plane in DCS. You did a fantastic job, congrats! 💯

Can I ask you what font are you using for the kneeboards?

I concur

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

1 hour ago, Minsky said:

@ienatom @Ala12Rv-Tundra 

The primary font is Acumin Variable Concept SemiCondensed Semibold (and multiple other typefaces from this family).

For fixed width I'm using either Inconsolatazi4 or Roboto Mono. When space is tight, or for the sake of diversity, I resort to Roboto Condensed. All three in bold.

I was just agreeing on the "best kneeboard ever" remark 🙂

• Thanks 1

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 30 July 2022

RWR kneeboard updated >> Download

30 July 2022
- The list of airborne threats reworked from scratch and is no longer complete garbage. Removed nearly everything that doesn't emit, and provided missile and range data for the rest (see the download description for details).

post-300722-2.jpg

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Dima | My DCS uploads

Great work. Thank you.
Something like this should be available for every aircraft by default!

Quick question. I know how to add these to the aircraft, so that they show up in every mission. How can i add them to a mission, so that the pages only show up in a specific missions?

19 minutes ago, twistking said:

How can i add them to a mission, so that the pages only show up in a specific missions?

Open the miz file (it's a simple ZIP archive), create folder named KNEEBOARD in it, then another folder named IMAGES inside the KNEEBOARD folder. Place your images into IMAGES folder.

• Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

1 hour ago, Minsky said:

Open the miz file (it's a simple ZIP archive), create folder named KNEEBOARD in it, then another folder named IMAGES inside the KNEEBOARD folder. Place your images into IMAGES folder.

thanks! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly significant update to the RWR kneeboard >>> Download

12 August 2022
- Another round of design improvements.
- Added AUTO CMDS programs for all supported threats.
- Revised data for certain units (including all aircraft carriers).
- HARM codes for surface threats are now supplemented with specific units.
- CVN-70 Carl Vinson has been removed in a recent patch. I'll keep it in for now, since the model can still be accessed via pre-existing missions.

forum-post-120822-1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Dima | My DCS uploads

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 12 August 2022
14 hours ago, Minsky said:

Fairly significant update to the RWR kneeboard

Looks great!!! Thanks for your neverending try to further improve your already excellent work! 👍

• Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 24 August 2022

RWR kneeboard updated once again >>> Download

24 August 2022
- Kneeboard updated for today's Open Beta 2.7.17.29140.
- SON-9 Fire Can added: this fire support radar works with the KS-19 and S-60 anti-aircraft guns, greatly increasing their accuracy.
- All early warning radars are now depicted with their own icon.
- All early warning radars got their HARM ID removed. While certain IDs are still present in the game files, neither EWR actually responds to them. As is often the case with DCS, I have no clue if it's a bug or a halfway implemented feature.

forum-post-240822-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Dima | My DCS uploads

@Minsky - Thanks a TON for creating and maintaining these!  They are extremely helpful and beautifully done.  Love the layout and fonts.  Much appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Thank you so much for creating and maintaining this, Minsky. It's not just the useful information, but I also appreciate the slick design and layout you came up with! :)

Question: Have you made kneeboards for the F-16, too? I searched but couldn't find any of yours. If there are none, are the templates (or source files) for your F-18 version freely available, so I could attempt to create one for my own F-16 usage as I really like the design you came up with?

Edited by Elegantly
  • Like 3

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 27 January 2023

This update is focused on the RWR page to bring it up to speed with the 2.8.2.35759 Open Beta.

Download <

27 January 2023
- Mirage F-1 max launch range reduced from 19nm (for the now-removed S530D) to 16nm (for the newly added S530F).
- Landing ship Ropucha added, armed with a pair of easily avoidable AA guns. ED is yet to add her HARM and RWR IDs.
- CVN-70 Carl Vinson removed for good (no longer in DCS). Fair winds and following seas!
- EWR symbology (the one at the very bottom of the page) updated.

preview-270123.jpg

P.S. If you ever wondered why the "F-14A old" and MiG-31 are marked as "buggy": both aircraft refuse to launch their missiles at maximum designed range.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Dima | My DCS uploads

• Minsky changed the title to F/A-18C Kneeboard Suite - Updated 21 February 2023

nullI just wanted to throw something out there.  I wanted to use my ipad as a kneeboard and couldn't find any apps or for dcs which sucks.  So what i started to do was save these files into my icloud and then have folders organized.  I also use my stylus pen with the notes or a scratch pad app to write anything i need down.  The good thing about it is you can write over mission briefs and flight plans with the stylus and screen shot them as a photo to save or just erase the writing easily.  It's not a perfect solution but it works pretty well.  The case for the ipad is a otterbox case and i had an old nylon strap with a clip that i use just to keep it in place.  

image.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Shaker14 said:

nullI just wanted to throw something out there.  I wanted to use my ipad as a kneeboard and couldn't find any apps or for dcs which sucks.  So what i started to do was save these files into my icloud and then have folders organized.  I also use my stylus pen with the notes or a scratch pad app to write anything i need down.  The good thing about it is you can write over mission briefs and flight plans with the stylus and screen shot them as a photo to save or just erase the writing easily.  It's not a perfect solution but it works pretty well.  The case for the ipad is a otterbox case and i had an old nylon strap with a clip that i use just to keep it in place.  

image.jpeg

which software do you use for these?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

1 hour ago, VirusAM said:

which software do you use for these?

He said above that he uses Photoshop.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm interested in why there are so many differences between the RWR charts and others available.  Same threats but different symbols, some missing from both lists etc. Examples attached.

T2.jpg

t1.jpg

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, imacken said:

He said above that he uses Photoshop.

I am talking about the ipad, in fact i didn't quote minksy but @Shaker14

• Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

13 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

I am talking about the ipad, in fact i didn't quote minksy but @Shaker14

Sorry, bit early in the day!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imacken said:

I'm interested in why there are so many differences between the RWR charts and others available.  Same threats but different symbols, some missing from both lists etc. Examples attached.

t1.jpg

No idea how up-to-date the second list is, or for what aircraft it was made.

FS, FF, LB, GR, RS, HA, PT - to my knowledge, there are no such IDs. And EW has been replaced with a dedicated icon a few patches ago.

I only list stuff that the RWR can actually display.

• Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

OK, thanks Minsky. I guess I'll ignore the other one. Thanks again for all the great work!

• Like 1