NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

31 minutes ago, Miller said:

I extracted the ReshadeVR_sharpen_color folder to my mod folders but can't get it to work. I have other mods installed with OVGME but don't know why this one is not working the same way. Will only work with Open Mod Manager?

You don't extract anything. Just put the zip file from my post at top of this page into your mod manager's mods folder and it will install it for you.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

37 minutes ago, imacken said:

You don't extract anything. Just put the zip file from my post at top of this page into your mod manager's mods folder and it will install it for you.

sorry...  (I use JSGME...)  follow imacken's guidance for the OVGME enablement of his zip file

@Miller, cool you've got it going!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 4/24/2021 at 6:12 PM, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there! 

I just installed this using OVGME. Everything seems to have worked, no crashes on start up, and pressing the home/end keys give the expected result. 

One big problem though: I can only see the effect on my monitor/mirror, and not in my VR headset (Quest 2 over link). 

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions as to why this might be? 

Thanks! 

Edit: Found a dxgi log file, thought I'd attach it here in case it helps. In my completely uneducated opinion, it seems to look ok. No errors...

Hi, sorry if I repeat myself, but have you tried to tun DCS in SteamVR mode (maybe using the Skate Zilla utility)?

For what i know, this mod only works for Steam VR, and you have an Oculus visor.

On 4/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, Topo said:

Hi, sorry if I repeat myself, but have you tried to tun DCS in SteamVR mode (maybe using the Skate Zilla utility)?

For what i know, this mod only works for Steam VR, and you have an Oculus visor.

Actually, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it to launch in steam VR. I used skatezillas utility, and switched it to steam in there, but it still starts using the oculus API. I sometimes have better luck with steam games on virtual desktop, but then I lose the bandwidth and ASW I get over link. I also tried open composite, and same thing... Started in oculus. I've decided to put this on the backburner though as I am happy enough with my setup at the moment, and I also just bought a new plane which I am all giddy about 😀. Thanks very much for checking in though, greatly appreciated! 

Regarding using OVGME, I did notice that it couldn't completely remove the mod. IIRC the dxdgi file created a temp directory somewhere in the bin folder that I had to go and manually delete.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

11 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Actually, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it to launch in steam VR. I used skatezillas utility, and switched it to steam in there, but it still starts using the oculus API. I sometimes have better luck with steam games on virtual desktop, but then I lose the bandwidth and ASW I get over link. I also tried open composite, and same thing... Started in oculus. I've decided to put this on the backburner though as I am happy enough with my setup at the moment, and I also just bought a new plane which I am all giddy about 😀. Thanks very much for checking in though, greatly appreciated! 

Regarding using OVGME, I did notice that it couldn't completely remove the mod. IIRC the dxdgi file created a temp directory somewhere in the bin folder that I had to go and manually delete.

Even if you launch in SteamVR mode Oculus software will load.

To confirm you are running on SteamVR, push Home button on your left controller, if SteamVR home open congrats!

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Unfortunately it does not. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but like I said, I got myself focused on other stuff right now. Thanks again though! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

6 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

Sorry tomorrow i Will try this mod with ovgme ,but why steam VR? For install this mod i Need steam? I have quest' 2 Oculus and i don t use steam VR. Thanks.

To use this mod, you need to start DCS in SteamVR mode; there is an updater utility (DCS SkateZilla updater) that offer this function.

Then, you have SteamVR AND Oculus software running at the same time; from my experience there is some fps loss, but the effects are interesting for sure.

I hope the autor at some point release an Oculus only version.

FPS loss....i wanted to try it for more FPS not for visual quality

Inviato dal mio motorola one macro utilizzando Tapatalk

It's a visual enhancement mod (Reshade) not a performance enhancing mod. That said the FPS hit is relatively small, so if you have the headroom then give it a go. Mod manager means you can completely disable it if you don't like it.
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

21 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

Probably in Oculus visors there is a bit of fps loss because the two different programs (Oculus and SteamVR).

On the other hand, the increased readability can permit , for ex., to reduce supersampling, increasing performances overall.

Sorry for my english, my teacher has been Checco Zalone...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lorenzo.D said:

Inviato dal mio motorola one macro utilizzando Tapatalk

It's a small fps loss if you keep all of your settings constant, but it can be an fps gain if it allows you to drop PD and get the same sharpness in your cockpit for example.

• Like 1

not sure where I am going wrong, but it wont install using OVGME for me....had to do it manually. I just downloaded Imackens .zip file and placed it in my OVGME mods folder with the rest...I can see it there in OVGME when I start it, can select it and enable it and it has a green tick by it, but when I look in the bin folder, none of the files have been installed there.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Strange. I use Open Mod Manager, but I just tried it in OvGME and it works OK for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OVGME is usually set to put mods in the root DCS file, while the VR shader must be put in the bin folder, right? That's why you have to create a new profile?

I have OVGME and tried once to install the shader via the mod manager and it didn't work as for @markturner1960, so now I always do it manually also...

Edited by Pride37

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

1 minute ago, Pride37 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OVGME is usually set to put mods in the root DCS file, while the VR shader must be put in the bin folder, right? That's why you have to create a new profile?

I have OVGME and tried once to install the shader via the mod manager and it didn't work as for @markturner1960, so now I always do it manually also...

Nope.  your mod has the correct directory structure to be copied into the DCS folder directly.  Also generally has one profile for DCS main folder and one profile for DCS/saved games folder as mods get installed either in one or the other

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

16 minutes ago, Pride37 said:

you are wrong... you are right.

Most mod managers use the root directory of the main game as the starting point, and OVGME is no different. If you create your folder structure to include bin\myfiles\myfile.txt then the mod manager will place the files in the correct directory... thats how you can have mods that work on the Bazar, or coremods directory etc... @imacken included  a file with the correct path here:

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok, that’s clearer, it s the file structure of what is in the zip that determines where it gets placed by the manager. I wondered how it “knew” where to put it. However, pretty sure the file I have downloaded was Imackens v2 one from that link, which you are saying has the correct structure ? Wonder why mine does not work in OVGME? 

what’s better in mod manager than OVGME?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Open Mod Manager is by the same guy who wrote OvGME. He no longer supports OvGME, and that was one of the main reasons I moved to OMM. In terms of obvious functionality, there is no difference. 
Don’t know why the mod isn’t working for you. As I said above, I tried it in OvGME and it worked ok. 
Post a screenshot of your OvGME configuration. 

Thanks, will do......one final query regarding this..I am currently oscillating between using VR and 2D, should the shader mods be disabled if flying 2D do you think? 

Rgds

I think, not sure though, that after switching off the mods in a modmanager, you need to delete folders with shaders (fxo, metashaders2) and let the game rebuilt shaders again (which is a liitle bit time consuming processs)

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

7 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Thanks, will do......one final query regarding this..I am currently oscillating between using VR and 2D, should the shader mods be disabled if flying 2D do you think? 

Rgds

No need to switch off in 2D. Works in that as well!  But if you don't like it, then just press the END key in game.

Cool, and to report, it now works using OVGME, I was using a profile that pointed it to saved games.... easy when you know how!! thanks all, great help here and from my squad mates

Glad you got it working!